season tickets on sale

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

bigdavethemaddog

season tickets on sale

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:24 pm

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/early-b ... 21-on-sale

think a month is a bit tight to try and scrape Β£250 together though.

My opinion
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: season tickets on sale

Post by My opinion » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:13 pm

A month. I new it was coming at the start of this season so have been expecting it.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:19 pm

It's been announced on the 1st March for the last 3 years minimum so not really a surprise.

Hopefully we can hit similar figures as other season and convert our 500 club leavers into ST holders.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:22 pm

Sadly as a 500 club member, my finances don't allow me to get a ST, plus I have had to miss a few games recently, so a ST at the moment wouldn't make sense for me.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:51 am

what actually is a 500 club member? ive heard it mentioned but never taken notice of what it is or gets you?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:16 am

The 500 club were instrumental in the rescue of the club. The offer was for a discounted season ticket for 5 seasons, gamble being that there may not even be a club. This group bankrolled the initial setting up of "Darlington 1883 FC" as a legal entity and funded Martin Gray's building a team, renting a ground and giving the impetus to rise from the bottom of the football pyramid. They stood up to the FA & stuck 2 fingers to everyone who said Darlo FC were dead. When the initial 5 seasons were over, to assist with our finances, they were offered an extension under a similar scheme at a discount. Finally after 8 seasons the club is financially stable enough to end the scheme & trust that the 500 club members will buy an 'ordinary' season ticket at the same price as other fans. They deserve some recognition for 'loaning' money against a very uncertain future over the first few years of the phoenix club as we would not be where we are now without them.πŸ™ŒπŸ‘
PS I am not a 500 member but have bought a season ticket every year & will be doing so for next season (even if we don't get promotion)

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:11 am

Actually the 500 club was created to get us back into town. It raised a large portion of the money we needed to get BM up to NLN standard.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:37 am

I am a 500 club member, and will be getting a new season ticket this week, I expect most will be renewing.
Some 500 club extended not sure on how many.

divas

Post by divas » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:13 am

Darlopartisan wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:37 am
I am a 500 club member, and will be getting a new season ticket this week, I expect most will be renewing.
Some 500 club extended not sure on how many.
About a third expire with two thirds having extended for various lengths. Hopefully we don’t have to offer them again in future as it’ll mean finances are good.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:03 am

Demoted to the bottom of the pyramid? Not sure about that statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:08 pm

500 holders had options to extend for various additional seasons so this should smooth out the income stream over time. Eventually it will run out so everyone can only get the usual season tickets. The early bird scheme helps the Board setting a budget & funds for AA to recruit a squad for next season. Small discount from full price ST come April. If you like a bargain, this next season will have two extra home games.
As for going to the bottom of the pyramid, it just depends where you measure it from, the coats for posts parks league / Mike Amos Div1 etc.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:35 pm

Understand AA given a budget to work with & hopes to get several resigned up for next season in the coming weeks and understands fully our budget constraints with some older players requested to take a drop in salary.
AA is planning to get more involved in the academy team and improve the quality of youngsters able to move up into first team(not good enough quality upto now) and even if we do play 20/21 season on a plastic pitch instead of BM, Darlo is moving forward on the playing side which we did not observe with TW and we need over 1000season tickets asap.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:40 pm

Quaker85 wrote:Demoted to the bottom of the pyramid? Not sure about that statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also not sure what this phoenix club is that he's referring to.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:10 am

Sales going well apparently , applied for mine this morning, lapsed 500 club member :thumbup:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:02 am

poppyfield wrote:Sales going well apparently , applied for mine this morning, lapsed 500 club member Image
3 of us will also be renewing.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:08 pm

eddie-rowles wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:35 pm
Understand AA given a budget to work with & hopes to get several resigned up for next season in the coming weeks and understands fully our budget constraints with some older players requested to take a drop in salary.
AA is planning to get more involved in the academy team and improve the quality of youngsters able to move up into first team(not good enough quality upto now) and even if we do play 20/21 season on a plastic pitch instead of BM, Darlo is moving forward on the playing side which we did not observe with TW and we need over 1000season tickets asap.

where exactly will we be playing next season?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:15 pm

At Blackwell Meadows I would say. I presume they mean the Arena in terms of plastic pitch but I do believe that may be off the cards for the arena currently.

We won’t get 1k season ticket holders either.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:39 am

bigdavethemaddog wrote: ↑
Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:08 pm

Sporting village decision by council expected end of this month, if it does go ahead AA and CEO want to move to arena and play on the plastic pitch to be installed this summer whilst we build our own ground in next five years. If sporting village scrapped or BM rugby club become more cooperative next season I assume still on grass

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:25 am

eddie-rowles wrote:

Sporting village decision by council expected end of this month, if it does go ahead AA and CEO want to move to arena and play on the plastic pitch to be installed this summer whilst we build our own ground in next five years. If sporting village scrapped or BM rugby club become more cooperative next season I assume still on grass
Have we got a magic money tree to build our new ground??? There is loads of land available in and around Darlo to do it tooπŸ€”πŸ€”

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:36 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:25 am
eddie-rowles wrote:

Have we got a magic money tree to build our new ground??? There is loads of land available in and around Darlo to do it tooπŸ€”πŸ€”

Exactly, and how do we pay for the remaining contract on BM whilst financing a new stadium AND paying rent on the arena AND funding a competitive playing budget?

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:41 am

MB86DFC wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:36 am
eddie-rowles wrote:

Exactly, and how do we pay for the remaining contract on BM whilst financing a new stadium AND paying rent on the arena AND funding a competitive playing budget?
how long is the contract to play at BM for?

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:43 am

Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:41 am
eddie-rowles wrote:

Not sure exactly but it's certainly not year to year. I read somewhere at least another 10 years but happy to be corrected on that if wrong.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:42 pm

The license at BM has another 16 years to run.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:52 pm

divas wrote: ↑
Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:42 pm
The license at BM has another 16 years to run.
I would be amazed if there are not break clauses to enable DFC to terminate the licence (and possibly DRFC to terminate as well) at pre defined points.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:03 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:

Rishi Sunak says this budget will get it done.🀣

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:18 am

Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:41 am
eddie-rowles wrote:

Any investor in property putting Β£5million into a new ground would be looking for an annual return 6-7% return(Β£300-350K) how we would afford this and pay off debt would be discussed and explained. As for our lease with BM rugby club a council that promotes all sport in one area would involve other teams and sports and remaining contracts etc, along with FA redevelopment loans. We then vote on it. Unless the council give the sporting village the green light it is all hypothetical but AA believes he can adapt the team to play good football like Harrogate town on the plastic pitch

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:42 pm

If this coronavirus takes hold & games are postponed & not played, could the club be liable to pay back season ticket holders, for games they have not been able to watch? I realise that most season ticket holders wouldn't seek to get a partial refund, but fans would be within their rights to ask for some of there money back.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:00 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:

We don't. It's a bait and switch to try and get people to back a 'temporary' move to the arena. The funds then magically wouldn't be there to get the new fantasy ground built, and lo-and-behold, then we end up stuck at the rotting white elephant. But hey, there's lots of hospitality suites :roll:

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:24 pm

It's not in DJ's character to be underhand like this though, and he wouldn't put the idea out there if there wasn't an idea of how to fund it. You're usually a bit more positive than this H. I think the coronavirus is getting to you.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:32 pm

Not sure if I am correct here but did the rugby not take out a mortgage to pay for the changing rooms and building improvements which will be paid back through our rent.

No doubt if we pulled out they would be in deep s*** as I don't think they would have the income to maintain the payments.