New kit

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

TKOA
Team Supported: Darlington

New kit

Post by TKOA » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:09 pm

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/home-kit-vote

Disappointed as I would have liked to see us keep the hoops. As far as I know we were the only team in England to play in black and white hoops. Some of those kits could be Derby, Fulham etc. What’s everyones thoughts?

lo36789

Re: New kit

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:14 pm

I like option 3.

Gow9900

Post by Gow9900 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:17 pm

Poor shirt sales, concern about hoops fatigue, hence no hoops next season.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:17 pm

3 for me as the most unique, although I quite like 2 as well which a bit of a throwback to that old kit with the 3 black hoops.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:19 pm

TKOA wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:09 pm
https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/home-kit-vote

Disappointed as I would have liked to see us keep the hoops. As far as I know we were the only team in England to play in black and white hoops. Some of those kits could be Derby, Fulham etc. What’s everyones thoughts?

Agree, not keen on any and I would have liked to see the hoops stay. I can understand the reason to change, likely to sell more shirts if drastically different from previous seasons, however The away kit can be the one to play about with.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:19 pm

I like them all. 4 would probably look the most dated in 5 years time, otherwise they're all pretty good

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:24 pm

Very glad there's no hoops for once - we haven't exclusively played in hoops so its good to see other parts of our history represented. I like the hoops and agree we should play mainly in them, but a change every now and again keeps things fresh

3 is easily the best as far as I'm concerned - would be happy enough with 4 though

Now, can we have a dutch orange away kit please? :D

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:25 pm

4 for me, 2 second best.

Really glad to see us moving away from the hoops (at last)

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:33 pm

For me I’d have liked us to have hoops as our identity. I realise we haven’t played in them for our entire history but they are unique and have certainly been around in our more successful years too!

I can also understand we’re a small club and need to change things around to try and sell more kits as people might think the hoops all look the same but judging from the Facebook reaction a lot won’t be buying.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:38 pm

TKOA wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:33 pm
For me I’d have liked us to have hoops as our identity. I realise we haven’t played in them for our entire history but they are unique and have certainly been around in our more successful years too!

I can also understand we’re a small club and need to change things around to try and sell more kits as people might think the hoops all look the same but judging from the Facebook reaction a lot won’t be buying.
Nail on the head (sort of). Shirt sales aren’t great, I’m a shirt collector but not when they are the same year after year......
Judging by the club reaction no one was buying them anyhow. A change is as good as a rest

Fat josh

Post by Fat josh » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:38 pm

3 is outstanding
1 ain't half bad
2 and 4 are utter s***
Especially no 4 which looks like a 70 year old granny's checked tablecloth..
King of uncovered

Leader of the true fans against the Arena return resistance movement

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:43 pm

Not a fan of any to be honest.

2 makes us look like Fulham, 4 looks like a training top.

3 is hideous.

So by process of elimination I’m stuck with 1.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:51 pm

I think 3 looks great very unique. Don't like the other 3.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:52 pm

3 😍 :thumbup:
Think before posting

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:40 pm

Voted for 3. 1 would be second choice. Not at all keen on 2 and 4.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:25 pm

What an awful selection. Would hate to see what failed to make the short list. Uninspiring to say the least.

If one wins god help us.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:45 pm

Really glad we have been brave and removed a hoops option this year, a change is as good as a rest as they say.

Having something different will make us enjoy hoops more the next time, I can't say I am that bothered about the strip to be honest. I do remember a lot of people not liking the red and black away one this season until it came out and looked decent, so key would be to wait until you see them really before really disliking any options.

Probably go in this order for me 2, 4, 1 then 3.

Also helps that our sponsors are on board with the options and how it promotes them.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:56 pm

3 for me looks like something you could wear out and about more

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:38 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
TKOA wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:33 pm

Nail on the head (sort of). Shirt sales aren’t great, I’m a shirt collector but not when they are the same year after year......
Judging by the club reaction no one was buying them anyhow. A change is as good as a rest
I'm the same , I didn't buy this years because I thought it looked cheap and I didn't/don't like the middle where the sponsor is

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:40 pm

JasonDeVos wrote:What an awful selection. Would hate to see what failed to make the short list. Uninspiring to say the least.

If one wins god help us.
Yes god help us. Imagine. What would become of the club?!

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:57 pm

I normally buy the home and away shirt every year but if it had been hoops again I would not have bought the home shirt next year, the last few years have been too similar. As a club we have to be commercially aware and this season I thought it would cost sales so would not want to repeat that.

A shirt people could wear out and about would be good, as it is not something you do see very often, this selection looks like people may actually wear other than at games.

Like all of them to be honest, but in order 3,1,4,2.

Which ever is picked I will be buying it.

Mission Impossible

Post by Mission Impossible » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:24 pm

Awful all of them......absolutely awful

Mission Impossible

Post by Mission Impossible » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:27 pm

Awful.....all of them!

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:39 pm

Spyman wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:40 pm
JasonDeVos wrote:What an awful selection. Would hate to see what failed to make the short list. Uninspiring to say the least.

If one wins god help us.
Yes god help us. Imagine. What would become of the club?!

I just think it looses any identity we have built up as a club. Others slightly hold on to it.

Old Git

Post by Old Git » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:02 pm

Mission Impossible wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:24 pm
Totally agree. None of them are proper Darlington shirts. Black and white hoops are distinctive and unique and I bet loads of other teams would like to have that.
Perhaps as a fan owned club DFCSG members could have been consulted as to whether they prefer hoops or not. It seems commercial considerations are deemed more important than heritage and history. Yes I know we have played in non hoops previously but I bet if you asked a group of football fans what they knew about Darlington FC,Quakers and Black and White hooped shirts would be high on the list.
Why when you have a distinctive look would you want to ditch it for these awful strips ?

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:15 pm

Voting 2 as it is closest to our hoops.

I did like the pinstripe hooped glenwood kit a few years back, and that was an acceptable variation IMO. I’d quite like a take on the 3 thin hoops retro style too.

1 is a Newcastle looking abomination, and 4 is a crap, late 90’s early 00’s Reynolds era effort. 3 is interesting, I’ll give it that.

There’s a reason fans keep voting for hoops. We want a common identity. Celtic don’t drop theirs every few years to flog a kit, do they? Make the away one adventurous if you must.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:25 pm

Old Git wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:02 pm
Mission Impossible wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:24 pm
Totally agree. None of them are proper Darlington shirts. Black and white hoops are distinctive and unique and I bet loads of other teams would like to have that.
Perhaps as a fan owned club DFCSG members could have been consulted as to whether they prefer hoops or not. It seems commercial considerations are deemed more important than heritage and history. Yes I know we have played in non hoops previously but I bet if you asked a group of football fans what they knew about Darlington FC,Quakers and Black and White hooped shirts would be high on the list.
Why when you have a distinctive look would you want to ditch it for these awful strips ?
:clap:

TKOA

Post by TKOA » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:02 pm

Agree with Old Git and H1987. I realise not everyone agrees but for me we should be wearing the hoops as our identity. As said above everyone knows Celtic as green and white hoops, Newcastle black and white stripes QPR as blue and white hoops etc Why don’t we keep them instead of having the same styles as many other clubs?

quakerfan

Post by quakerfan » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:13 am

I like hoops they are part of our identity as a club so have to vote 2 ..... it's the nearest to what I would prefer , but if the commercial argument is valid I hope sales are improved just have a feeling they could be worse

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:43 am

Is the "no hoops option" why Craig Morley left? Seems to have created a stir.....