Trotman joins villa

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

JasonDeVos
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Trotman joins villa

Post by JasonDeVos » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:16 pm

m62exile wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:02 pm
If Scott Wilson knows Luke Trotman well enough to judge his dedication and integrity, or indeed has spoke to the club to ask for their view then fair enough.

But I doubt he’s done either, and if not, he’s just being a local journalist writing a pretty sneering column piece about someone he hasn’t bothered to know anything about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Local rag journalist tagging on the back on the news. Something you would expect from his mate Loughlin.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:17 pm

I don't particularly like Love Island and Luke's presence on it isn't going to have me reaching for the TV remote, but I almost want to "OK boomer" Mr Wilson over that column. Very odd.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:51 pm

So the club have carefully considered it and are fully supportive, AA's absolutely fine about it as he has explained in detail, the fans are OK about it and it won't be detrimental to Luke's recovery. But Scott Wilson is outraged. Seems like there is just one odd man out in all of this and he is the one whose views matter not one jot and are completely irrelevant, pompous and foolish.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:54 pm

Needs to make himself standout in an ever dwindling sports department

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:09 pm

At least Trotman has been in contact with the club about it, and by the sounds of it, he first made contact about it in October, which gives the club plenty of time to make up their mind. Didn't someone one year just go on Love Island and not tell the club.

Regarding Trotman's future, I would expect that he won't want to continue with us next year.

I would personally like to see him try playing further upfield. I think that Hedley is a better defender than him, but Trotman's biggest asset is going forward. Perhaps try him further up the pitch like Bale did, who got went from LB to LM to Striker

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:53 pm

Don't see any reason why Trotman would want to leave at the end of the season.Even if he gets his degree, he can still forge a very successful career as a FT pro footballer and commit to another season with us and put himself in the shop window as others have.Far too talented to call it a day.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:21 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:53 pm
Don't see any reason why Trotman would want to leave at the end of the season.Even if he gets his degree, he can still forge a very successful career as a FT pro footballer and commit to another season with us and put himself in the shop window as others have.Far too talented to call it a day.

Or he can stay part time at a club that isn't ages from where he lives and take advantage of any opportunities coming his way from Love Island. Also, if he does obtain other work arising from Love island, I imagine it would be beneficial to be closer to London and not spend two of your week nights doing a 6 hour round trip to Darlo.

We may have a chance of retaining him but I would be very surprised.
Craig Liddle is God!!

JE93

Post by JE93 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:38 pm

darlo_baron wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:21 pm
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:53 pm

Or he can stay part time at a club that isn't ages from where he lives and take advantage of any opportunities coming his way from Love Island. Also, if he does obtain other work arising from Love island, I imagine it would be beneficial to be closer to London and not spend two of your week nights doing a 6 hour round trip to Darlo.

We may have a chance of retaining him but I would be very surprised.
Got to agree with this. Whatever the job may be, follow up love island stuff or starting a career in something are likely to take precedence over who he plays part time football for and thus the location of those roles will partially dictate who he plays for. Don't get me wrong he's a good player and I'd love to keep him as I agree I think he could break back into full time football or be a good player for us at a higher level.

Also creates an interesting dilemma for the club. He's under-23 so should we offer him an improved contract and he reject it to move elsewhere we would be due compensation from the team he signs for. But as he was a Tommy Wright signing, I'd imagine he's not on an insignificant amount of money, money that Alun might feel he can utilise elsewhere.

If nothing else, best of luck to the lad, in his degree, on love island, in football and with his recovery. Always come across as a nice bloke so all the best to him.

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:56 pm

Alun Armstrong was on Talksport this morning (https://talksport.com/radio/listen-agai ... 579856400/ last 12 mins or so)

Interesting and pleasing that we have another year option on his contract.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:39 pm

Apparently, Luke's mum was also on Love Island back in 2007 so it's all in the genes

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:32 pm

jjljks wrote:Apparently, Luke's mum was also on Love Island back in 2007 so it's all in the genes
She was on X factor not Love Island as it didn't start till 2015

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:15 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
jjljks wrote:Apparently, Luke's mum was also on Love Island back in 2007 so it's all in the genes

It actually first aired in 2005.

Not that I'm a love island fan or anything.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:51 pm

Spyman wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:

It actually first aired in 2005.

Not that I'm a love island fan or anything.

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2020012 ... 7e3781.jpg[/IMG]
The one in 2005 was a celebrity one

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:49 pm

Having never watched it before, I've gone from thinking that it was utter pap when Trots first went in to now watching the past couple of episodes and slowly being sucked into the Love Island vortex :crazy: :shock:

Anyways, as for how Luke T's getting on (there's another Luke, Luke M, who somehow manages to bear an uncanny resemblance to both Justin Bieber and Shane out of Boyzone at the same time), he seems to be keeping himself tidy and comes across as a really nice guy.

However, he's currently coupled up with a lass from Brizzle, so what implications that could have for his future with us, I do not know...

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:18 am

Careful, you're only one step from addicted watching! I avoid all soaps apart from a spell of Hollyoaks when it was filmed about a quarter of a mile away. At least holiday romances rarely last.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:04 pm

Vokuhila wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:49 pm
Having never watched it before, I've gone from thinking that it was utter pap when Trots first went in to now watching the past couple of episodes and slowly being sucked into the Love Island vortex :crazy: :shock:

Anyways, as for how Luke T's getting on (there's another Luke, Luke M, who somehow manages to bear an uncanny resemblance to both Justin Bieber and Shane out of Boyzone at the same time), he seems to be keeping himself tidy and comes across as a really nice guy.

However, he's currently coupled up with a lass from Brizzle, so what implications that could have for his future with us, I do not know...
Tbh I started to watch it when Trots went in, I lasted about one and a bit episodes and that was on fast forward......
It’s utter shyte!

But go Trots

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:52 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
Vokuhila wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:49 pm

Tbh I started to watch it when Trots went in, I lasted about one and a bit episodes and that was on fast forward......
It’s utter shyte!

But go Trots
Same. Watched the one when he went in and that was enough for me.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:59 pm

I'm proud to say I've never watched an episode.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:57 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I'm proud to say I've never watched an episode.
Out and proud ey Pete, hope you have had the conversation with the family Image

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:02 pm

Super Luke T and Siânnise finish runners-up :clap:

What an outstanding young man.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:09 pm

He may have been 2nd on Love Island but would always make our first team if fit.

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:29 pm

I wonder how far off the lad is from full fitness. Did AA say it could be March time or have I made that up?

It will be interesting to see if he's going to be back involved with all the Love Island stuff that will come his way in the near future.
Craig Liddle is God!!

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:43 pm

Apparently the winner is a part-time footballer as well (Oxford City, NLS) but he just went AWOL in order to appear on the show. So it says here, at least: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-o ... e-51613040
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:51 pm

darlo_baron wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:29 pm
I wonder how far off the lad is from full fitness. Did AA say it could be March time or have I made that up?
Yeah, having watched the show for the past two-and-a-half weeks, I wouldn't be surprised if he's back playing next month.

It looked like he might have a slight limp when he first went in, but he seems to be running freely now and generally in great shape.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:47 pm

Vokuhila wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:51 pm

Yeah, having watched the show for the past two-and-a-half weeks
You deserve a medal, mate ;)

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:20 pm

And you'll never get that time back!

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:05 pm

biccynana wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:47 pm
You deserve a medal, mate ;)
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:20 pm
And you'll never get that time back!
Hey, I was just taking one for the team - I'm just glad the series is over now and I can finally get my evenings back.*

*I'm totally bereft :(