Hereford....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

LoidLucan
Team Supported: Darlington

Hereford....

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:56 pm

Tough game on Saturday after our high-energy, battling performance to take the 3 points against Kidderminster. Incredibly Hereford have a total of 34 players on their books, including 7 who can play up front... no Bull! Wonder which of their three sides they will field :D Would be great to keep this fantastic run going in our climb up the league. As we know, Nicholson and Styche can be a real threat although the latter doesn't seem to have many admirers among the fans.

Mister e

Re: Hereford....

Post by Mister e » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:05 pm

LoidLucan wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:56 pm
Tough game on Saturday after our high-energy, battling performance to take the 3 points against Kidderminster. Incredibly Hereford have a total of 34 players on their books, including 7 who can play up front... no Bull! Wonder which of their three sides they will field :D Would be great to keep this fantastic run going in our climb up the league. As we know, Nicholson and Styche can be a real threat although the latter doesn't seem to have many admirers among the fans.
Strange comparison I know but they couldn't overcome a Tamworth side over two fa cup games and extra time that we ended up overcoming with ease.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:15 pm

I see their manager is Russell Slade.

That means, whether they have 34 or 14 players to choose from, they will be a hoofball side. That may suit Styche as he likes to play off the shoulder, looking to get onto a knockdown or a ball over the top, but as long as we keep him quiet we should be OK.

As for that pansy Nicholson, just need somebody to put their foot through him in the first 5 minutes and he'll hide for the rest of the match.

Styles make matches and we are capable of playing a route 1 side such as Hereford off the park.

Easy home win.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:24 pm

Their fans seem to suggest that an axe could be cheerfully wielded on the over-blown squad and the victims of the cull wouldn't be missed.

For us, it wouldn't surprise me to see AA make a couple of changes, perhaps bringing in Laing and Thommo to help keep the squad fresh.
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:15 pm

As for that pansy Nicholson, just need somebody to put their foot through him in the first 5 minutes and he'll hide for the rest of the match.

Cue the classy Nicholson coming back to haunt the Ghost :shock:

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:10 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:

That means, whether they have 34 or 14 players to choose from, they will be a hoofball side. That may suit Styche as he likes to play off the shoulder, looking to get onto a knockdown or a ball over the top, but as long as we keep him quiet we should be OK.

Styles make matches and we are capable of playing a route 1 side such as Hereford off the park.

Easy home win.
Why would you post this before a game... :silent:

Nicholson is quite capable of popping up with a goal or two. I hope we can dominate with our midfield three, but you're tempting fate here...

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:18 pm

The Ghost is fearless... especially on Halloween :twisted:

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:00 pm

Well the weather will certainly play a part, it’s going to be awful next couple of days ☹️

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:43 am

H1987 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:10 pm
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:

Easy home win.

Nicholson is quite capable of popping up with a goal or two. I hope we can dominate with our midfield three, but you're tempting fate here...
That's it Q has jinxed us yet again. :roll:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:36 am

H1987 wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:

Easy home win.

I’d forgotten about Nicholson. To think that at the end of last season he was one of only a few players who could actually produce anything, shows how dramatically our team has changed - for the better.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:28 am

I voted for Nicholson as player of the season as I thought he was probably the most consistent performer over the course of the season. His goals were significant to our survival especially after Styche and Syers left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:29 am

H1987 wrote:
Why would I post that I think it will be an easy win? Because I think we'll win. Easily. Is nobody allowed to predict the outcome any more?
You're right. Nicholson is quite capable of popping up with a goal or two. He's also capable of wanting to leave Darlo due to the travelling involved, and capable of joining Hereford which is just as far away from where he lives. Finally, he's capable of going missing. Give him a kick and he'll shrivel up.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:32 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:43 am
That's it Q has jinxed us yet again. :roll:
Darlo Pete projecting again. I've never jinxed us before, not that I can remember anyway :angel:

You however, have jinxed us 48 billion times and everyone knows it - so as long as you keep your gob shut about the result we will be fine ;)

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:25 pm

I don't think we should be calling Nicholson unkind names because he did well for us. Also, wanting to clatter him betrays some insecurity we shouldn't be feeling. This Quakers side can play them off the pitch - now as for that big girls blouse they've got up front a few hearty challenges wouldn't go amiss there.

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:46 pm

Wiseacre wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:25 pm
I don't think we should be calling Nicholson unkind names because he did well for us. Also, wanting to clatter him betrays some insecurity we shouldn't be feeling. This Quakers side can play them off the pitch - now as for that big girls blouse they've got up front a few hearty challenges wouldn't go amiss there.
So we shouldn’t be calling Nicholson unkind names because he did well for us.. But Styche is a big girls blouse?

The season Styche came in he kept us up. He was big headed and he would lose his mouth at times, but he performed and scored goals throughout his time with us.

richymidd

Post by richymidd » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:26 pm

I think this gives us some cause for moderate optimism!.....

http://bullsnews.blogspot.com/2019/10/m ... eford.html

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:39 pm

My downer on Styche is he was a big timer in a moderate team I have to salute his goal scoring but he wasn't a team player and should have helped the others more - would we have him back now?

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:37 pm

Wiseacre wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:39 pm
My downer on Styche is he was a big timer in a moderate team I have to salute his goal scoring but he wasn't a team player and should have helped the others more - would we have him back now?
For all his faults he did fetch £25'000 into the club with his marathon bet goal celebration agree with most other posts on here though Jordan Nicholson is the better all round footballer and apparently that's the Hereford fans opinion of them both has well.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:11 pm

What sort of reception do you think Styche & Nicholson will get tomorrow if they play? I reckon they'll get a good reception.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:18 pm

I can't see styche playing in all honesty Nico should be welcomed back with open arms after all he was our leading scorer last season and who can forget those two belters at Bradford and Altrincham.

Vokuhila

Post by Vokuhila » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:11 pm

richymidd wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:26 pm

That's a great read :lol:

Styche left on good terms, so I imagine there'll generally be some good-natured touchline bantz tomorrow. As for Nicholson, he'll probably get a pretty cordial reception too, then fall over a few times, shank a couple of right-footed passes straight out of play, before curling one into the top bin from 25 yards.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:46 am

richymidd wrote:

Very detailed account, made me smile and their issues seemed very familiar. Perhaps they are following Spenny's example?
Hoping for 7 wins in a row and our national eggchasers can make it a double.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:57 am

I'm more concerned about Tom Owen-Evans. Loves scoring against us. Now how's that for jinxing?

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:14 am

Wiseacre wrote:
Hmm, let me think about that one.

OK, thought about it.

Yes.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:17 am

jjljks wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:46 am
richymidd wrote:

Very detailed account, made me smile and their issues seemed very familiar. Perhaps they are following Spenny's example?
Two major mistakes made by the author - 1 claiming we went bust like Hereford did. We didn't. 2 claiming that we mugged Kiddy for our win the other day. Those two comments made me disregard the article as drivel.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:27 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:14 am
Wiseacre wrote:

OK, thought about it.

Yes.
No. Nothing against him but we’re better as a proper team. With players like Styche you have to set up geared towards them and their needs, and all it takes is for them to go off form/go moody/go to Gibraltar/come back with a chip on their shoulder - and team spirit sags. Having Gabbiadini in the team was similar except he usually was brilliant, and worth it.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:39 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:27 am
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Wiseacre wrote:

OK, thought about it.

Yes.
No. Nothing against him but we’re better as a proper team. With players like Styche you have to set up geared towards them and their needs, and all it takes is for them to go off form/go moody/go to Gibraltar/come back with a chip on their shoulder - and team spirit sags. Having Gabbiadini in the team was similar except he usually was brilliant, and worth it.
Completely disagree. Styche worked hard and scored goals. The best formation for him is a 4-5-1 (or 4-2-3-1 for modern formation fannies) with him as a menacing spearhead. We were geared up to play that at the start of the season and crying out for a talismanic goal scorer - he'd have fitted right in.

Obviously since then we have seen the emergence of O'Neill, and Campbell continuing to improve has also helped.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:51 am

jjljks wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:46 am
richymidd wrote:

B****r those Boks. Blown my double bet, so hope Styche doesn't knock a goal in or Nico. All now on us keeping a clean sheet at least
😥

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:03 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:39 am
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Wiseacre wrote:

OK, thought about it.

Yes.
Completely disagree. Styche worked hard and scored goals. The best formation for him is a 4-5-1 (or 4-2-3-1 for modern formation fannies) with him as a menacing spearhead. We were geared up to play that at the start of the season and crying out for a talismanic goal scorer - he'd have fitted right in.

Obviously since then we have seen the emergence of O'Neill, and Campbell continuing to improve has also helped.
Styche looked like he was trying to shoplift a wok up his shirt, and as soon as things became less than perfect for him went into a total sulk. I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole just now. He liked it here because Wright indulged him, but with our current, much better set up he'd flounce out in no time as he wasn't the centre of attention.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:58 am

tdk1 wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Wiseacre wrote:

OK, thought about it.

Yes.

Styche looked like he was trying to shoplift a wok up his shirt, and as soon as things became less than perfect for him went into a total sulk. I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole just now. He liked it here because Wright indulged him, but with our current, much better set up he'd flounce out in no time as he wasn't the centre of attention.
Have a day off... Do u get a kick out of slagging off ex players it's not really needed is it

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:01 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
tdk1 wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:

OK, thought about it.

Yes.

Have a day off... Do u get a kick out of slagging off ex players it's not really needed is it

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Have to agree with Harry here, no need for comments like that

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk