Hignett Out

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlobaz791
Team Supported: Darlington

Hignett Out

Post by darlobaz791 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:54 am

Raj getting restless

darlobaz791

Re: Hignett Out

Post by darlobaz791 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:57 am

Coincidence that Gray left Shildon?!

FozzQuaker

Post by FozzQuaker » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:31 pm

Gray is one of the favourites according to the Echo

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:37 pm

Ho ho ho, that's Singh's first knee-jerk.

It will go downhill from here.

I pray that Gray gets the job because they clearly want to work together, and the bonus is that Gray will take them backwards.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:44 pm

If you include caretaker stints, when the new man is appointed it will be the 11th manager in place since February, 2016 (Hignett did keep getting recycled). Wow.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:27 pm

Don't think anyone will be surprised, after all singh will never be fit and proper person for the role.how long before he pulls the ,we need bodies through the gate ,i can't do this without fans coming through if it doesn't improve i will have to take measures to secure my cash.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:35 pm

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:37 pm

I pray that Gray gets the job because they clearly want to work together, and the bonus is that Gray will take them backwards.
Not only that but the fans will go into total meltdown - they absolutely hate him and that’s before he impresses upon them his flowing playing style

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:46 pm

onewayup wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:27 pm
Don't think anyone will be surprised, after all singh will never be fit and proper person for the role.how long before he pulls the ,we need bodies through the gate ,i can't do this without fans coming through if it doesn't improve i will have to take measures to secure my cash.
There was a recent article highlighting the amount he had put in to date, which was approximately 1.5m. It also stated they had a 400k, per season, deficit.

With these figures, I imagine the next manager will be the last throw of the dice and if it fails, he will be off.
Craig Liddle is God!!

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:03 pm

Who gave the figures ,it depends on who that person was as to the truth of the actual amount supposedly.
We know to our cost what that owner can and will inevitably do , pools were well warned of this.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:07 pm

darlo_baron wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:46 pm
onewayup wrote:
There was a recent article highlighting the amount he had put in to date, which was approximately 1.5m. It also stated they had a 400k, per season, deficit.

With these figures, I imagine the next manager will be the last throw of the dice and if it fails, he will be off.
So they are losing 400k per year, and the first thing that Gray (or any other manager for that matter) will want is cash to re-shape the squad.

So Radged will have to dig into his pockets a little deeper and if the next manager doesn't turn things around all Radged will see is that it's cost him even more for no return.

On another note, how the hell is Radged having to put 400k a year in? They still get gates of 3,000, the council own the ground so I doubt the rent is huge, they apparently don't pay big wages for the level. So whenever we go up, how are we going to break even and be competitive?

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:12 pm

onewayup wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:03 pm
Who gave the figures ,it depends on who that person was as to the truth of the actual amount supposedly.
We know to our cost what that owner can and will inevitably do , pools were well warned of this.
To be fair, Pools (as in the 3,000+ loyal fans) had little choice in whoever saved the club, so we could have warned them all we liked and it would have made no difference to the outcome. So if it goes tits up, I'm not going to hold that against them.

However what I will hold against them is some of their fans behaviour on twitter with the #darlodied hashtags, even though a) we didn't die, and b) the bloke that nearly killed the club is their chairman.

To those fans I say what goes around comes comes around, and I'm waiting patiently. I've got time...

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:15 pm

divas wrote:
Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:37 pm

Not only that but the fans will go into total meltdown - they absolutely hate him and that’s before he impresses upon them his flowing playing style
Didn't Gray state he left Shildon for business reasons and concentrate on his academy.Seems more porkies from Marty similar as the rubbish he spouted when he left us for York. Gray/Singh and the Codheads ....the perfect match.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:20 pm

Agreed wholeheartedly with that. Shame for the true pool fans hard times are coming start planning now for what will inevitably happen, i don't say that lightly.

darlo_baron

Post by darlo_baron » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:31 pm

onewayup wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:03 pm
Hignett supplied the figures in the Hartlepool Mail.
Craig Liddle is God!!

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:46 pm

Beggars cant be choosers. I guess pools fans would rather have singh than re-start in the northern league. If the worst happens at least they will have had a few more year in there current guise. As for whishing there demise a bit petty ive generally found the pools fans ok, would not base them on ignorant trolls on social media
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

bga

Post by bga » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:31 pm

FozzQuaker wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:31 pm
Gray is one of the favourites according to the Echo

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I really hope AA is not a candidate, but surely it must be at the back of Poolie's minds? I would guess he pretty much works full time already for us, so managing a full time team not that much different for his workload plus he has great local connections. Hope they are looking for someone with National League experience or above!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:43 pm

Radged really does not understand how to endear himself to a club's real fans. Is Gray desperate enough to take on this basket case? Hignett tried hard within the limited budget & must be feeling betrayed by RS.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:22 am

Between Radged & climate change, they will be underwater before too long. Wonder which will drown them first? :roll:

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:45 am

AA happy with his long-term project....

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/ ... ent-805187

I reckon it could be a straight fight between Martin Gray and Lee Clark. Either would do for me :D

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:56 am

Sadly, i doubt Lee Clark has a hope. Which is a shame, because it'd be f**king hilarious. He's absolutely useless.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:39 am

I'm harnessing the power of prayer for a Gray/Clark dream team.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:55 am

darlo_baron wrote:
onewayup wrote:

1.5M of exactly WHO's money? if it's RS's personal money - then our neck stretching chums have nothing to fear......if not.....

Darlogramps

Hignett Out

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:58 am

If it’s Raj’s money they have everything to fear. When eventually throws his toys out of the pram, the money he put in will of a sudden become a loan that he wants back. Exactly what happened with us.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:22 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:58 am
If it’s Raj’s money they have everything to fear. When eventually throws his toys out of the pram, the money he put in will of a sudden become a loan that he wants back. Exactly what happened with us.
quite.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:36 pm

darlo_baron wrote:
onewayup wrote:

Put in? Or borrowed against the club?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:48 pm

Spyman wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:36 pm
darlo_baron wrote:
onewayup wrote:

The club hasn’t got those sorts of assets to borrow against. It’ll be the usual procedure of one of his companies loaning money to the club, which to be fair is the most economic way of doing it for tax purposes.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:01 pm

divas wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:48 pm
Spyman wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:36 pm
darlo_baron wrote:
onewayup wrote:

The club hasn’t got those sorts of assets to borrow against. It’ll be the usual procedure of one of his companies loaning money to the club, which to be fair is the most economic way of doing it for tax purposes.
And a clear way for him to refund himself from whatever or wherever he's able to from hartlepool fc ,once he's decided to pull the plug, which won't be to long now the rot has started.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:21 pm

£2million was the magic number last time was it not?

Waits for the "if the council don't sell Victoria Park (or some other land) I can't be expected to fund the football club for the community" moment

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:33 pm

No, it's different this time. He said when he took over at Pools: "I’m a lot older, wiser, dafter even and would like to think I’m a different person than when I went into Darlington. I’d like to think I’m much better equipped to be chairman of a football club. The reason is purely I’m a football fan and it went wrong at Darlington, it’s something I wanted to rectify."

Don't see what can possibly go wrong. Other than maybe a club being thrown into the fire and ending up being dumped into the Northern League without a ground and without any players, leaving the fans to pay up the football debts that the chairman ran up and walked away from :x

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:49 pm

Him not fulfilling the players contacts still sticks in my craw ,us the fans being honourable people that we are paying the debt says it all about the shyster ragged strings Lair .