Extended ban

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lifetime darlo fan
Team Supported: Darlington

Extended ban

Post by lifetime darlo fan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:42 am

On the official website this morning

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/andrew-park

Can't help but feel this has been a very long time coming. No idea what happened at Kings Lynn but feel the approach from the club is spot following his previous pitch invasion

hodgie1

Re: Extended ban

Post by hodgie1 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:57 am

Its his own fault, no excuse for such behaviour, i'm afraid

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:13 am

If anybody cares to take a look at the facebook post on the darlington fc page regarding this from whats been said it appears the guy in question has done nothing wrong and its a over reaction. Personally ive never heard of a ban been banned for just swearing
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:39 am

Didn't even know he was at Kings Lynn. I was up in the grandstand and you couldn't hear any of the Darlo fans there so can't comment.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:40 am

I wasn't there and presume you weren't either Shildonlad. Pretty sure this decision wasn't taken lightly. If I was subject to a ban from something I loved then I'd do everything possible to keep a low profile and not bring attention to myself. Sad to see really as I've always seen him as boisterous and enthusiastic rather than trouble.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:06 pm

I was there, in the away end, and his swearing was way beyond what can be regarded as “acceptable”. That said, King’s Lynn were so disorganised there was no way they would have refused him entry.

Darlogramps

Extended ban

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:31 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:I wasn't there and presume you weren't either Shildonlad. Pretty sure this decision wasn't taken lightly. If I was subject to a ban from something I loved then I'd do everything possible to keep a low profile and not bring attention to myself. Sad to see really as I've always seen him as boisterous and enthusiastic rather than trouble.
Shildonlad has form for deciding he knows best despite not seeing any of the details at all.

He didn’t believe George Reynolds did anything wrong in his recent brush with the law, despite the British judicial system finding Reynolds guilty.

Now, after reading a few comments on Facebook, he’s decided he knows best here as well.

Not saying the club are right or wrong about Andy. There are clearly multiple versions of events and I hope it gets resolved one way or another.

But given he knows nothing about what’s gone on, I find it strange why Shildonlad keeps make judgements on everything.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:01 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:31 pm
don'tbuythesun wrote:I wasn't there and presume you weren't either Shildonlad. Pretty sure this decision wasn't taken lightly. If I was subject to a ban from something I loved then I'd do everything possible to keep a low profile and not bring attention to myself. Sad to see really as I've always seen him as boisterous and enthusiastic rather than trouble.
Shildonlad has form for deciding he knows best despite not seeing any of the details at all.

He didn’t believe George Reynolds did anything wrong in his recent brush with the law, despite the British judicial system finding Reynolds guilty.

Now, after reading a few comments on Facebook, he’s decided he knows best here as well.

Not saying the club are right or wrong about Andy. There are clearly multiple versions of events and I hope it gets resolved one way or another.

But given he knows nothing about what’s gone on, I find it strange why Shildonlad keeps make judgements on everything.
Did i say i knew best? Was more a case of pointing out how there can be multiple versions of the same event.
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:03 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:40 am
I wasn't there and presume you weren't either Shildonlad. Pretty sure this decision wasn't taken lightly. If I was subject to a ban from something I loved then I'd do everything possible to keep a low profile and not bring attention to myself. Sad to see really as I've always seen him as boisterous and enthusiastic rather than trouble.
I agree with the above. The club could have banned him all season but after a meeting that ban was reduced. So why not sit the ban out and go to away games and keep your head down is what i would have done. Yes im sure the decision was not taken lightly

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:31 pm

shildonlad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Did i say i knew best? Was more a case of pointing out how there can be multiple versions of the same event.
Yes, you did.

“from whats been said it appears the guy in question has done nothing wrong and its a over reaction.”

Maybe you worded it badly, but from that quote, you’re saying the club have over-reacted, based solely on what was posted on FB.

And like I say, you have form going off the Reynolds thread.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:09 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:31 pm
shildonlad wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Yes, you did.

“from whats been said it appears the guy in question has done nothing wrong and its a over reaction.”

Maybe you worded it badly, but from that quote, you’re saying the club have over-reacted, based solely on what was posted on FB.

And like I say, you have form going off the Reynolds thread.
What i should have said was: “going off the comments on that thread on facebook you would think the guy has done nothing wrong and the club was over reacting”. Thats whats others are saying, not me

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:58 pm

If I was serving a home game ban I would ensure that the club had no reason what so ever to extend it if I went to an away game.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:55 am

It’s essentially Andy Parks fault however to name him again in the statement I believe this will back fire for the club. Chris Stockdale has been arguing on the DFC Facebook page with fans which is also unseemly. This further ban should just have been given privately in my view.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:19 am

quakersfan wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:55 am
It’s essentially Andy Parks fault however to name him again in the statement I believe this will back fire for the club. Chris Stockdale has been arguing on the DFC Facebook page with fans which is also unseemly. This further ban should just have been given privately in my view.
Agree.

We've banned fans in the past, we even may have occasionally named individuals in articles about bannings (I can't remember though) - but I've never seen the name of a fan who was banned being the title of an article.

Any wannabe hooligans who want to make a name for themselves (not saying this was the case with Andy) now know what to do. Cause a bit of bother and gain recognition on the official webshite.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:15 am

Will it be practical to ban him from away games, as I presume they won't know who Andy Park is? Does anybody know what actually happened as I don't frequent facebook.

feethamslad

Post by feethamslad » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:16 pm

I think it appalling that the Club have 'named and shamed' on their official website and twitter account.

Surely this should have been kept private between the Club and the individual.

Whoever is in charge of PR needs to review the actions taken.

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:22 pm

I don't think its appalling at all, it may deter others from similar acts. What would be appalling is if it was repeated and the club ended up with a fine.

EDJOHNS

Post by EDJOHNS » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:27 pm

Don't know him at all but saw what both he and his mates said when he was banned first time round, which included him saying he was sorry and would serve whatever ban the club thought fit and learn from his mistakes.
Unless someone who has a grudge against him has deliberately lied to get him into trouble yet again what on earth was he thinking of to use ANY form of bad language yet again while serving a ban?
I see comments such as "He had had a few pints and was just "boisterous", and my mind goes into boggle mode. Surely part of the "learning from his past mistakes" was a realisation that he does not handle booze too well thus a reduction of alcohol intake would be common sense.
Hard to feel sympathy for a repeat offender, and also curious, at those complaining about the club naming him. Every time there are problems at games, people say "Name and shame". The club have done exactly that and people are having a go at them for doing as they were asked to.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:46 pm

What people seem to be forgetting is we are a fan owned club as such it is inevitable that it's the fans would have to find any monies for a fine that had this situation escalated would have been given to the club not the named person who infringes the rules.
So for me it was the correct actions by the club.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:19 pm

I suppose point is if done discreetly it doesn’t really send a message and demonstrate action on what was reported.

It does seem a bit ott to ban simply for swearing...pitch encroachment usually sees the club actually get a 5 figure fine swearing in the stands doesn’t...well unless it is racist, sexist or homophobic that is.

Jamoy

Post by Jamoy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:00 pm

I agree with most of opinions. Ideally for him, he should have kept his head down. Offered to do some volunteer work around the ground or something to that effect to show how sorry he is.
Once you get tarred with something, it takes an enormous effort to change peoples opinions.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:41 pm

It's a shame for the lad, We all get frustrated at games and people swear as I do the odd occasions BUT what I find incredible is he is on a ban and he still gets in to trouble.. I just think he is an attention seeker who plays up to his mates which is a real shame as he is growing up as a dad so really should be showing his kids the way to behave because he is a roll model to his kids and they will look up to him...
Hope you sort yourself out Andy and don't keep getting into bother..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:04 pm

EDJOHNS wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:27 pm
Don't know him at all but saw what both he and his mates said when he was banned first time round, which included him saying he was sorry and would serve whatever ban the club thought fit and learn from his mistakes.
Unless someone who has a grudge against him has deliberately lied to get him into trouble yet again what on earth was he thinking of to use ANY form of bad language yet again while serving a ban?
I see comments such as "He had had a few pints and was just "boisterous", and my mind goes into boggle mode. Surely part of the "learning from his past mistakes" was a realisation that he does not handle booze too well thus a reduction of alcohol intake would be common sense.
Hard to feel sympathy for a repeat offender, and also curious, at those complaining about the club naming him. Every time there are problems at games, people say "Name and shame". The club have done exactly that and people are having a go at them for doing as they were asked to.

Sums up the situation perfectly.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:35 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:41 pm
Hope you sort yourself out Andy and don't keep getting into bother..
Agreed.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

DL5

Post by DL5 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:54 pm

Seems like he can't handle his beer, shame as he's done a lot for the club, he's got to learn to behave himself, how many times?