Bradford PA...

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

LoidLucan
Team Supported: Darlington

Bradford PA...

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:01 am

Reading that they've signed a few players to try to shore things up so might be a bit tougher now. Hopefully everyone got through yesterday OK and we get a decent Bank Holiday crowd. I'm sure the PrideOfEvenwood will be backing us all the way as they desperately need us to win to help their relegation battle :D

JE93

Re: Bradford PA...

Post by JE93 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:35 am

LoidLucan wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:01 am
Reading that they've signed a few players to try to shore things up so might be a bit tougher now. Hopefully everyone got through yesterday OK and we get a decent Bank Holiday crowd. I'm sure the PrideOfEvenwood will be backing us all the way as they desperately need us to win to help their relegation battle :D
Sounds like they have improved from the appointment of Marcus Law over Gary Thompson. But they had a lot of work to do. Probably still a decent time to play them as the new players bed in. Would love to see us give a team a pasting infront of a big crowd, the attendances and support that these lads deserve for the football they try to play and the effort they put in.

Noticed one of their new signings was Marcus Wood (following his release by Bolton) the polite CM who decided to bellow in the face of Sam Muggleton as he laid on the floor with his leg in bits. Hope Hatfield munches him.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:12 am

Wood deserves some stick for that. Horrible tosser.

Regardless of their improvements, I just fancy us at home now. I think the way AA has us playing, and the personnel we have suits a big pitch with a good surface. I think we will have a good home record this year, and upset some of the big teams.

Hope someone gets the sprinklers on, looks set to be a scorcher. Would like to see Donowa start.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:48 pm

Oh what a surprise. BPA have cut their budget (again), been written off as relegation candidates (again), then found a new pile of money down the back of the sofa (again). What's this, about 4 seasons in a row now?

They will no doubt continue to surprise by "over achieving" (again), all "on a shoe string" (again)

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:27 am

Great weather today, should hopefully boost the crowd, although can't see many coming from Bradford PA, hopefully over 1500.

JasonDeVos

Post by JasonDeVos » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:47 am

Ghost_Of_1883 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:48 pm
Oh what a surprise. BPA have cut their budget (again), been written off as relegation candidates (again), then found a new pile of money down the back of the sofa (again). What's this, about 4 seasons in a row now?

They will no doubt continue to surprise by "over achieving" (again), all "on a shoe string" (again)

Or decide to pull it again before the end of the season.

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:24 pm

Lost 1-0. Make sure not to criticise anyone.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:34 pm

Listened to it on the excellent Darlo fans radio.

Typical Darlo really. Bank holiday, sun out. Against an I fancied team. So of course we’ll lose.

Penalty miss the icing on the cake.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:46 pm

Darlo2807 wrote:Lost 1-0. Make sure not to criticise anyone.
Why who can u criticise today then?? , I'm sure you have got a few players

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:49 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:46 pm
Darlo2807 wrote:Lost 1-0. Make sure not to criticise anyone.
Why who can u criticise today then?? , I'm sure you have got a few players

What does Campbell offer as a number 9? O’Neill was brought on 60 minutes too late and for the wrong player, Donawa was one of the biggest threats we had going forward.

I can see why managers play him on the wing...

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:51 pm

I don't think anyone in the ground expected the penalty to go in as it always had the look of one of those days. It was all about finishing clinically and we didn't combined with some bad luck but they took just about the only chance they had. They also were not the disorganised mess that started the season and the revamp they have begun has made a difference.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:57 pm

It happens, will do to all teams at different parts of the season from Premier League to Northern League. As another poster has said. Marcus Laws has come in and atleast got them organised. They are not the headless chickens they were at the start of the season.

Sounded like we got sucker punched and we could still have taken something from the game at the end. Thompson had scored 12 of his last 14 pens so no questions when he picked up the ball. Maybe next time Campbell will have the honors. I do think we're a better team when O'Neill plays with Campbell. But it's always important to remember that player fitness needs managing and unless you have all the information it's tough to make a judgement. Hes a young lad and has had plenty of game time maybe it was a rest or a knock. Maybe both, maybe neither.

Still very early days and more than satisfied with the manager, the players he has brought in and the way in which we play football. Tough next game away at Kings Lynn but Southport was going to be a tough game and we put in a great team performance. 5 days to get some rest and come back stronger. Still plenty of faith in this side.

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:58 pm

Also, did the ball cross the line around 60 minutes in when it hit the post and the keeper clawed it out? I and many others thought it was, it’ll be interesting to see Kev’s replay...

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:02 pm

In a word disappointing, decent crowd though.

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:06 pm

Disappointing performance against a team we should be sweeping aside but every team has a couple of those sorts of games every season. Imagine being a Bradford fan having to watch your team desperately try to kill the clock from the first whistle and rely on freak luck to get through games. If we're one of the few teams they shithouse a win against this season on their way down, I can take it on the chin as a form of charity to their fans who always turn up in good numbers!

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:27 pm

We tried to play the right way but lacked a final ball. Today, that was the difference between a comfortable win and the end result. We tended to run with the ball a little more than necessary rather than let it do the work, especially in today’s heat.

Hatfield was superb.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:28 pm

quakersfan wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:02 pm
In a word disappointing, decent crowd though.
What was the number of those attending?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:43 pm

1491 I think. Thommo was really poor, looked out of sorts, capped off with the penalty miss.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:49 pm

It was a strange game. I got a bad feeling when kickoff was delayed and no explanation was given. We had no luck at all, nothing fell for us and their goalie seemed blessed. Also the clock has broken again!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:57 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:It was a strange game. I got a bad feeling when kickoff was delayed and no explanation was given. We had no luck at all, nothing fell for us and their goalie seemed blessed. Also the clock has broken again!
There coach were delayed due to traffic problems

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:05 pm

Well least said sooner forgot, could have been there till 8 tonight and still not scored. One of those days.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:14 pm

Thommo should have been left out of the team at Altrincham to start with why change a winning team we were superb against Southport why change a winning team after all Josh Heaton was made to wait for his place this is not a criticism of thommo but every player should be made to work for his place and not have it guaranteed and cemented.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:15 pm

As above that's already been mentioned what does Campbell actually offer as a number 9. I was going to actually report him for going missing for 90mins the lad was shocking

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:24 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:57 pm
There coach were delayed due to traffic problems

Time wasting before kickoff, that's a new one.

F.A.O. don'tbuythesun ---- check out the quotes usage this time round. :silent:
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Breedon

Post by Breedon » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:36 pm

Don't buy into the Campbell bashing, think AA got a bit greedy wanting to accommodate all 3 of Rivers, Thompson and Donawa and Campbell just will never suit being on his todd up front. Another lesson, probably had his hand forced a bit with 2 games in 3 days in this heat too, imagine O'Neill was feeling it and needed to not start. We've seen Campbell and O'Neill together absolutely works.

But with that said, interesting to note Dan Maguire isn't even making York's bench...anyone know if he's injured or just not being picked? Worth keeping a cheeky eye on surely with a potential bargain loan in mind?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:38 pm

Craig09 wrote:As above that's already been mentioned what does Campbell actually offer as a number 9. I was going to actually report him for going missing for 90mins the lad was shocking
Seriously????? He offers pace and a great little link up between thommo and Hatfield ,it were just one of those days... I wonder what did he offer Saturday against Altrincham... Give ur head a shake

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:43 pm

Breedon wrote:Don't buy into the Campbell bashing, think AA got a bit greedy wanting to accommodate all 3 of Rivers, Thompson and Donawa and Campbell just will never suit being on his todd up front. Another lesson, probably had his hand forced a bit with 2 games in 3 days in this heat too, imagine O'Neill was feeling it and needed to not start. We've seen Campbell and O'Neill together absolutely works.

But with that said, interesting to note Dan Maguire isn't even making York's bench...anyone know if he's injured or just not being picked? Worth keeping a cheeky eye on surely with a potential bargain loan in mind?
A workmate of mine is a York supporter. He says the story is that McGuire is struggling to cope with the transition to full time football. Not used to training 5 times a week and then playing on match day. I’m sure he’ll make the squad soon but for now, they’re doing well enough without him.

Looks like they hit the Gateshead brick wall today Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:50 pm

One of the issues for me is since we lost Trottman and Liddle we have lost the use of the fullback bombing forward and linking up with Thommo and Rivers.

Atkinson is obviously not fit and doesn't to appear into that mold so like Armstrong said a couple of weeks ago he will have to utilize the loan market.

The sooner Liddle is fit the better as Watson has been seriously exposed recently and was one of the under performers today.

I thought Armstrong got it wrong today and should have started with Donawa out wide with Thommo up top or gave Oneil a start for 45 mins if struggling as he offers a lot more than we have.

darlobaz791

Post by darlobaz791 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:02 pm

quakerste wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:50 pm
One of the issues for me is since we lost Trottman and Liddle we have lost the use of the fullback bombing forward and linking up with Thommo and Rivers.

Atkinson is obviously not fit and doesn't to appear into that mold so like Armstrong said a couple of weeks ago he will have to utilize the loan market.

The sooner Liddle is fit the better as Watson has been seriously exposed recently and was one of the under performers today.

I thought Armstrong got it wrong today and should have started with Donawa out wide with Thommo up top or gave Oneil a start for 45 mins if struggling as he offers a lot more than we have.
THIS. Full backs were weak and I know Atkinson is coming back from injury but it shows how good Trotman is. Donawa played well and I’d not have brought him off. Has AA already got his favourites? He has said that Justin is better coming from the bench?!? I’d play him, Rivers and O’Neil on Saturday giving Campbell and Tommo a rest. If also want a new right back in, maybe give Holliday a chance?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:08 pm

I thought it was the right decision to replace Donawa as he was starting to be knocked off the ball too easily.