Lloyd Maitland

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Lawman3
Team Supported: Darlington

Lloyd Maitland

Post by Lawman3 » Thu May 02, 2019 12:07 pm

I'm sitting at my desk thinking about Lloyd Maitland (in a non-sexual way).

I'm led to believe that his Darlo career ended in the late 70s in bizarre fashion. Was he run over by a team mate whilst having a piss in an alleyway? If so, who was the team mate, and where was the alley? I feel like it needs a blue plaque.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

Mister e

Re: Lloyd Maitland

Post by Mister e » Thu May 02, 2019 12:40 pm

If I remember correctly he was run over by team mate Eric probert our most expensive signing at the time notts county. I think it happened behind the east stand at feethams after a training session. Not sure either if Eric probert was sacked after the incident a double whammy has they say.

Lawman3

Post by Lawman3 » Thu May 02, 2019 2:10 pm

Ah, ok. I was told it was after a night out. I bet the Manager at the time was less than impressed.
Never argue with an idiot: The best possible outcome is that you win an argument with an idiot.

Darlo_Rob

Post by Darlo_Rob » Thu May 02, 2019 4:18 pm

I was only 6-7 at the time but he’s still one of my favourite players. I’ve no real idea if he was any good I was so young, but he’s always stuck in my memory. I do remember him crossing the ball over and over for Jimmy Seal to completely miss golden chances to score.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri May 03, 2019 12:15 am

Lloyd was a great player and one of my all time favourites. He was a great winger and a lovely bloke as well.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon May 06, 2019 2:55 pm

Very quick and gifted winger who regularly whipped in great crosses, as previously stated often squandered by Jimmy Seal. Could have gone on to better things.