Wright has left the building

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

PierremontQuaker03
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wright has left the building

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:53 pm

bga wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:33 am
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:19 am
divas wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:04 am
Very few if any managers, especially at this level will ever get their contract paid up. There will be all sorts of. It is clauses for both parties. The insistence of fans knowing the finer details of the contract has irked me. He’s gone now and still the questions rumble on. These questions weren’t asked when James Caton left, why should this be any different? Let the board do the job and make the decisions they’re empowered to do. I’m all for transparency but there are certain things that should a) remain private and b) don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things.

If the club came out and told us his contract was finished and therefore we didn’t pay him anything, or that he had a year left and ended up with a year’s pay off (as I said won’t have happened) or anything in between what difference does it make to me or you?

Moan if you don’t like the answer more than likely but then what are we going to do differently with that information?

Anyway we couldn’t afford to sack him remember...
Spot on I don't want a club to be ran day to day by committee - yes of course the major decisions there needs to be involvement from the various stakeholders, but most of the time DJ is the man to make the decisions.
Says the man (or woman) who wants Martin Gray as our next Manager :thumbdown:
I was merely asking the question as Gray had us competitive in this league, under TW we were not.
I have not got any gripe with TW personally, and the way he has handled his sacking was to be applauded by fronting up, however he did fall out with a lot of players, I know a member of staff that was forced out as TW fell out with him. It was either TW’s way or the highway. He has only got himself to blame, a few more wins and he would probably be manager still. I also thought he was good about giving positive PR about himself and taking credit for stuff that happened on and off the pitch. He may come across as a genuine guy on camera but the jury is out on him for me. At least with Gray you know he’s a twat and there is no hiding about that fact.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

shawry
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by shawry » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:08 pm

bga wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:33 am
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:19 am
divas wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:04 am
Very few if any managers, especially at this level will ever get their contract paid up. There will be all sorts of. It is clauses for both parties. The insistence of fans knowing the finer details of the contract has irked me. He’s gone now and still the questions rumble on. These questions weren’t asked when James Caton left, why should this be any different? Let the board do the job and make the decisions they’re empowered to do. I’m all for transparency but there are certain things that should a) remain private and b) don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things.

If the club came out and told us his contract was finished and therefore we didn’t pay him anything, or that he had a year left and ended up with a year’s pay off (as I said won’t have happened) or anything in between what difference does it make to me or you?

Moan if you don’t like the answer more than likely but then what are we going to do differently with that information?

Anyway we couldn’t afford to sack him remember...
Spot on I don't want a club to be ran day to day by committee - yes of course the major decisions there needs to be involvement from the various stakeholders, but most of the time DJ is the man to make the decisions.
Says the man (or woman) who wants Martin Gray as our next Manager Image
I was merely asking the question as Gray had us competitive in this league, under TW we were not.
I have not got any gripe with TW personally, and the way he has handled his sacking was to be applauded by fronting up, however he did fall out with a lot of players, I know a member of staff that was forced out as TW fell out with him. It was either TW’s way or the highway. He has only got himself to blame, a few more wins and he would probably be manager still. I also thought he was good about giving positive PR about himself and taking credit for stuff that happened on and off the pitch. He may come across as a genuine guy on camera but the jury is out on him for me. At least with Gray you know he’s a twat and there is no hiding about that fact.
Possibly all true, apart from when Gray left we were far from competitive, it went downhill rapidly after the 0-0 draw at York.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:58 pm

Better the t**t you know then? Martin Gray is beginning to hang over this club like a spectre or a pusher with something you know you shouldn't touch. I've agitated for his return before and believe that there'd be a few more forgiving fans if he got the team winning again but there's something really awkward about Darlo's plight - we can't, yet, afford to leave this division so a new manager who wants to build over a few seasons needs to get this. Gray wouldn't, he was brilliant when we needed to climb through the leagues and once the rancor disperses he'll be an important part of the story, but that chapter's over. From what I've heard the bloke from Dunston might be our man. Two cheers for Tommy though I like to remember thrashing York and that first half at Bradford.