Time for Gray to finish the job.....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

PierremontQuaker03
Team Supported: Darlington

Time for Gray to finish the job.....

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:57 pm

While many will resist this is it time to hold our noses and get Martin Gray back to finish what he started. In my opinion yes he may have acted Billy Big Bollocks by trying to get Singh back at the club, but he did have the rug pulled from under him when we would have been denied promotion due to the stand issue. I think he would jump at the chance to come back and needs must, if we are ambitious on promotion!
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

super_les_mcjannet

Re: Time for Gray to finish the job.....

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:59 pm

Not happening.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:00 pm

If he comes in, then I won't be going until he leaves again

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:01 pm

Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:02 pm

I think PQ is attention seeking.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:04 pm

as I said hold your nose, I can see no one else getting us to the playoffs
Greg Norman

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:05 pm

If he returns, I won’t.

I’ve not forgotten how he conducted himself.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:08 pm

Forgotten how he gave James Caron a two year contract already have we.

Mister e

Post by Mister e » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:09 pm

Caton that should read bloody predictive text

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:09 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:04 pm
as I said hold your nose, I can see no one else getting us to the playoffs
Is Gray the messiah?

No one in the 6/7 billion people in this world but Gray...time to move away from the keyboard Martin

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:10 pm

I loved our team under Gray. We were battling bastards that other teams must have hated playing, but therr is absolutely no way he should come back

divas

Post by divas » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:16 pm

Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:57 pm
While many will resist this is it time to hold our noses and get Martin Gray back to finish what he started. In my opinion yes he may have acted Billy Big Bollocks by trying to get Singh back at the club, but he did have the rug pulled from under him when we would have been denied promotion due to the stand issue. I think he would jump at the chance to come back and needs must, if we are ambitious on promotion!
If you’ve got a spare half million he might be able to do it

50 years

Post by 50 years » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:18 pm

After the first year he struggled in this league, and when given the chance in the league with a full time team and finances to bring players in could not deliver. Also he has his own academy so a future loss for us?
We have a lot to thank Martin for but for me he is not the man to move us on, financially or on the pitch.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:28 pm

Nice try Martin

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:33 pm

50 years wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:18 pm
After the first year he struggled in this league, and when given the chance in the league with a full time team and finances to bring players in could not deliver. Also he has his own academy so a future loss for us?
We have a lot to thank Martin for but for me he is not the man to move us on, financially or on the pitch.

To be fair name a manager that has done a decent job at York over recent years, I can't think of one. Steve Watson has struggled, there is something seriously wrong at York, and the financial mis-management has been a joke. I always had an issue with his academy and it was too closely tied to the club.
Greg Norman

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:35 pm

Nope. Gave us a few amazing years, no doubt - but after the post-promotion boost wore off (seatgate aside), we weren't going anywhere - and when he went to York, on full time budget and a full time squad, he did no better.

Not only that, but we're still recovering the costs of his blank-cheque time in charge - I don't think we could survive another spell like that.

Time to look forwards, not back.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:22 pm

I'm staggered that anybody can seriously consider Gray, after the way he left the club. If he comes back then I will go down to some home games and protest outside. No doubt some others like Andy will join me.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:45 pm

divas wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:16 pm
If you’ve got a spare half million he might be able to do it
This. Times a squillion.

Hell, I could do just as well with an open cheque book....to your own personal account PQ....that ok?

Fat josh

Post by Fat josh » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:49 pm

Martin Gray can go and fuck himself frankly
He's gonna be busy next season with Darlington Town/reserves becoming Shildon reserves in the wearside anyway
King of uncovered

Leader of the true fans against the Arena return resistance movement

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:52 pm

Regarding Gray, no thanks

Some of my best football supporting memories come from Grays time at the club, but I did not like the way he did business, publically ranting about the Club, When the seat problem, did he use words to the effect of 'The club has become a laughing stock and a joke', I cant remember the words he used and how he went about the business with Raj Singh, which I believe he had no right in doing so, then there was the way he left the club.

I wont forget the great times under Gray, from starting out with 1 player and no ground to 2 League titles and a Play-Off Win in 4 years was a huge achievement.

He could not do the job at York, full time and a much better budget.

I am not convinced he would be able to do a job for us a second time, we need to move on, look to the future and not the past

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:48 am

NO NO NO, NO WAY BACK for the ferret, Darlington football club are a joke, the board didn't know anything about his outburst till it happened, the man has no decorum whatsoever, it's always Me. Me me, he's about Martin Gray, not the football club he's working for. I would not support the club with him as manager. Although I had some great times whilst he was here.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:33 am

The DFCSG board would never have Gray back as I’ve said before they wanted Tommy out and they have got their wish, DJ just acts on their judgment. I’ve heard there’s a massively reduced budget coming so whoever takes over it’s going to be tough. May be we will see Chris Hardy or Daniel Green from Hyde he may be a good shout as he must be fed up travelling across the M62 daily. Whoever comes in it’s going to be tough.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:26 am

We couldn't afford, and still can't afford, to finance promotion.

The next year or two is all about stabilising the club, hopefully building income streams and hopefully making progress on the ground front and in our league position - but all of that does not necessarily equal a promotion push.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:33 am

quakersfan wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:33 am
The DFCSG board would never have Gray back as I’ve said before they wanted Tommy out and they have got their wish, DJ just acts on their judgment. I’ve heard there’s a massively reduced budget coming so whoever takes over it’s going to be tough. May be we will see Chris Hardy or Daniel Green from Hyde he may be a good shout as he must be fed up travelling across the M62 daily. Whoever comes in it’s going to be tough.
Who is Daniel Green?

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:42 am

Gray did brilliant for the club. He was the right fit for the position it found itself in but he found his level and was caught out in the NLN. His methods and tactics simply didn’t work and almost bankrupted the club in the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:18 am

lo36789 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:33 am
quakersfan wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:33 am
Who is Daniel Green?
Sorry meant Darren Kelly at Hyde he’s done well there, likely lots of applicants at least the club have time to appoint with the season closing.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:03 pm

Yeh I quite like Kelly as well - but he did reject York’s approaches before they got Watson.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:29 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:03 pm
Yeh I quite like Kelly as well - but he did reject York’s approaches before they got Watson.
Did he? I don’t recall that.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:25 pm

I think a shock is in store for whoever is coming in, they will have to have a big heart and a shrewd business brain to balance the equilibrium required by the fans of this football club, most cannot seem to realise we couldn't afford the jump to national level yet, yes get us a cup run and a playoff spot if it is feasible, but we aren't cash ready for another promotion yet,it will take time as a fan owned club its beyond us at this time, however if the owners could lift the constitution of the 15%-maybe someone would show interest in the club,if no one shows an interest then its status quo.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:37 pm

onewayup wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:25 pm
I think a shock is in store for whoever is coming in, they will have to have a big heart and a shrewd business brain to balance the equilibrium required by the fans of this football club, most cannot seem to realise we couldn't afford the jump to national level yet, yes get us a cup run and a playoff spot if it is feasible, but we aren't cash ready for another promotion yet,it will take time as a fan owned club its beyond us at this time, however if the owners could lift the constitution of the 15%-maybe someone would show interest in the club,if no one shows an interest then its status quo.
I don’t think anybody is demanding promotion.

Many, like me, want to see us be more competitive and operate at a level where our budget should put us roughly at.

This season has been largely under-whelming and we have under-performed looking at our budget.

Next season I would accept top-half with a flirt at the play-offs. Promotion is not the be all and end all and a lot of fans know that.