Statement from the board

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

loan_star
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Statement from the board

Post by loan_star » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:39 pm

Lets not forget that 3 of the disappointing signings, Henshall, Maddison and Burn, live local and one of them is a Darlo fan!!! Also two of our best performers, Nicholson and Trotman, live the furthest away.
So basically I dont buy this "better off with local players" as being the way forward.
I dont care where they live as long as they perform on match day.
Last edited by loan_star on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:43 pm

loan_star wrote:Lets not forget that 3 of the disappointing signings, Henshall, Maddison and Burn, live local and one of them is a Darlo fan!!! Also two of our best performers, Nicholson and Trotman, live the furthest away.
So basically I dont buy this "better off with local players" as being the way forward.
I dont care where they live as long as the perform on match day.
Spot on! Look at the way Styche put his heart on his sleeve for the club, he fell in love with the place! I don't think it matters where you are based as long as you show passion.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:00 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Oh for the money to afford a Styche or Nelson with a monster in midfield. We'd probably be in a secure position and not fearing relegation.
minor update :)

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:00 pm

Make sure you don't go on that Tin Shed page on Facebook then, lordy me.

They are all demanding Andy Toman as managers, then we resign Cartman/Syers/Turnbull/Scott/Brown and even Hunter.

All of them barring Turnbull has been slagged off by most of them on that page for not being good enough when they were here.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:41 pm

AndyPark wrote:Make sure you don't go on that Tin Shed page on Facebook then, lordy me.

They are all demanding Andy Toman as managers, then we resign Cartman/Syers/Turnbull/Scott/Brown and even Hunter.

All of them barring Turnbull has been slagged off by most of them on that page for not being good enough when they were here.
A used to be a member and rarely posted but that group was toxic, ten times worse than any football forum ive been on, mods cant look at it 24/7 but it could be better ran for sure and a few banned
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:50 pm

AndyPark wrote:Make sure you don't go on that Tin Shed page on Facebook then, lordy me.

That’s why I left full of the Haughton mafia, I’ve also heard Tomans name mentioned with Kev Smith neither have recent management experience in the UK.

coles

Post by coles » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:58 pm

quakersfan wrote:

That’s why I left full of the Haughton mafia, I’ve also heard Tomans name mentioned with Kev Smith neither have recent management experience in the UK.
The Haughton Mafia ???

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:56 pm

coles wrote:
The Haughton Mafia ???
Or the Peoples Front of Judea?

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:47 pm

I think both smuger and Andy toman are doing well in retirement, certainly smuger, Andy still dabbles with training. But I think Things have moved on and the club would be no better off. So let's leave it as it is and see what transpires in May. After all we don't have crystal balls.