Tommy Wright

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Would you like to see him in charge of the team next season?

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes: 80

Darlo_CR
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tommy Wright

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:04 pm

Anyone want a revote..

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:07 pm

Honestly, how is anybody still defending him?

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:14 pm

What gets me is the people saying how good of a job he’s doing given the circumstances of having players sold to balance the books. Look at the job Watson/Clark have done at Gateshead, they’re having players sold behind their backs and they still manage to grind out wins with a fantastic team spirit and tactics.

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:30 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:What gets me is the people saying how good of a job he’s doing given the circumstances of having players sold to balance the books. Look at the job Watson/Clark have done at Gateshead, they’re having players sold behind their backs and they still manage to grind out wins with a fantastic team spirit and tactics.
I never voted as I was prepared to give him a little more time but this result is one cockup too many for me and without a shadow of doubt he has to go.If he has any pride he should resign knowing full well we are a fan owned club and haven't the money to sack him.Do the decent thing Tommy and just go.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:40 pm

Well what the hell was that second half , clueless ineptitude no direction pea hearted capitulation, changes should have been made at half time ,
Utter garbage after an excellent first performance, I cannot understand this at all
The attitudes of the players seems to be indifferent to our situation ,
If you're still here till the ead of the season Tommy get this shower playing like a team instead of 11 individuals and show you can make decisions that count in our favour..I will always support my club Darlington FC. Another bad day at the office.

knoxy5000

Post by knoxy5000 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Like the brexit vote, the majority have spoken. Now listen to us!!!!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:20 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:Anyone want a revote..
Yes please! How many more winning positions can we give away through poor game management? Losing Palmer was pivotal.

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:40 pm

Well I've changed my mind again; after today's performance, after all he should have absorbed by now, after all the good will nearly half the voters put in him and after the fond memories of him as a player - his times up and its just a question of how to manage his going. Even if he can keep us up it's been a bad season. Bad because when he could get the players to play well it was good to see but too many second half horror shows have shagged it all up. What are his half time team talks like? Does he roll an enormous joint and pass it round? Maybe he should get them on amphetamines. It's unkind to mock but Quakers are looking over the edge - FC thrashed Telford at their place where we were well beat. On current form we're bound to go down. Even Wright can keep us up I now believe he should go in the summer. Nice bloke - unlike Gray - draw your own conclusions from that.

bigdavethemaddog

Post by bigdavethemaddog » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:46 pm

how long is his contract?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:41 pm

Stick in there it will come Al white .. Wright man..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:13 pm

I voted stay, today has swayed my mind again just like after Nuneaton earlier this season. Wrights loan signings bailed him out but we are going backwards again.
The second half today was unacceptable and although Wright takes the blame, the players should hang their heads in shame.....all of them.
However the way some people are going on calling Wright worse than shite is also unacceptable. These are grown adults in the main and should act that way.

darlo999

Post by darlo999 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:34 pm

How can you defend his pathetic tactical changes when we’re winning and we end up losing or drawing. He never learns from his lessons time and time again. Signings have been poor barring a few...it’s his team now! Board needs to grow a pair and get rid
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:37 pm

darlo999 wrote:How can you defend his pathetic tactical changes when we’re winning and we end up losing or drawing. He never learns from his lessons time and time again. Signings have been poor barring a few...it’s his team now! Board needs to grow a pair and get rid
He only changed things today when we went 3-2 down so you can't blame him for the players pathetic second half efforts. By then the damage was done though and even then the subs had no effect at all.

darlo999

Post by darlo999 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:46 pm

Was at the game today. But doesn’t excuse all the other games he failed to get the points over the line. He’s taking the club backwards at the end of the day. He said play offs at the beginning of the season, so we’re a million miles away from his own ambitions. Not good enough end of!!!
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:02 pm

darlo999 wrote:Was at the game today. But doesn’t excuse all the other games he failed to get the points over the line. He’s taking the club backwards at the end of the day. He said play offs at the beginning of the season, so we’re a million miles away from his own ambitions. Not good enough end of!!!
I was at the game as well and totally frustrated. Can you blame this on TW or the players I really don’t know anymore. Personally I’d let Tommy start the new season and review in October the budget no doubt will be massively reduced. I heard today
at Hereford that hospitality will be £45 per head so good luck with that as I certainly won’t be booking for next season at that price unless there’s a huge improvement in quality and I’ve booked many times this season including the Chester game next week. Club seems to have lost it way this last few months and it’s worrying.

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:28 pm

Just listened to his PMI and same old excuses, amazingly kept saying we should have been more than 2 up at HT by not taking our chances rather than why we conceded 4 in the 2nd half.Admitted we are light in midfield with injuries and may look to the loan market.Back in for training Tuesday but looked pretty fed up and flat.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:37 pm

quakerman wrote:Just listened to his PMI and same old excuses, amazingly kept saying we should have been more than 2 up at HT by not taking our chances rather than why we conceded 4 in the 2nd half.Admitted we are light in midfield with injuries and may look to the loan market.Back in for training Tuesday but looked pretty fed up and flat.

We can't look to the loan market as we're already up to 5 loanees, the maximum we can bring in, aren't we?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:42 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
quakerman wrote:Just listened to his PMI and same old excuses, amazingly kept saying we should have been more than 2 up at HT by not taking our chances rather than why we conceded 4 in the 2nd half.Admitted we are light in midfield with injuries and may look to the loan market.Back in for training Tuesday but looked pretty fed up and flat.

We can't look to the loan market as we're already up to 5 loanees, the maximum we can bring in, aren't we?
Not quite - maximum in matchday squad.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:44 pm

It’s a bad situation, I’d like to think we can bring in some fresh players that aren’t loans. Recently both Saunders and Hughes have departed so surely there must be a way.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:46 pm

There’s a maximum number you can have on duty on match day. I don’t think there’s a rule you can’t have more.
Palmer may be sent back depending on how serious his injury is.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:55 pm

At a quick guess I think we only have 12 senior players that are actuall ours...
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:58 pm

Just looked it up. Across the season you can make....

A maximum of 12 short-term loans in a season (short-term being 28 days to three months/end of season, whichever comes first).

You can make a maximum of six long-term loans (Four months +).

And any number of youth/work experience loan deals.

But only five are allowed in the matchday squad. So having six or more at any one time is a little bit pointless, because why make a loan signing if you can't use them? It's certainly an indicator things are going badly wrong.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:59 pm

loan_star wrote:There’s a maximum number you can have on duty on match day. I don’t think there’s a rule you can’t have more.
Palmer may be sent back depending on how serious his injury is.
So what's your real opinion on our situation? Cut the bullshit.ImageImageImage

carlodarlo

Post by carlodarlo » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:51 am

He has to go now and that's that. To many times we have thrown away leads and while it may not be as a result of Wright changing anything today, as soon as the first went in you could sense the change in atmosphere and that our midfield was overrun. His lack of trying to do anything about it sums him up. The players and Wright did nothing to stop the complete collapse. No change in shape, no pushing players further up the pitch to compete higher, no call to ask for a raise in tempo or aggression. It just inevitably happened that we conceded 3 goals in 11 minutes.
So what can we do as fans to get him out? The last thing anyone needs is a repeat of the aftermath of the Nuneaton result. If fans boycott a game in protest we severely harm the club and we may not have one to support. We are stuck in a position where keeping Wright is severely harming the club but we are unable to do anything about it. Despite having a reduced budget this season, it's needed to be slashed several times since and a cash call again on the 500 club and this is down to the fact that people will not pay to watch the absolute shitshow that is far to often produced on a Saturday afternoon. It can't go on.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:06 am

Whilst I would really like TW to go now the problem is that we no longer have anyone left at the club who could take over until a new permanent manager is appointed. Catch 22, sack TW and end the season leaderless or keep him and, in reality, we still end the season leaderless.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:12 am

The board are very aware. Read the paragraph 'Where do you see the club being in two years?' That's where we are now.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/ ... -the-club/

MB86DFC

Post by MB86DFC » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:16 am

dfc4me wrote:Whilst I would really like TW to go now the problem is that we no longer have anyone left at the club who could take over until a new permanent manager is appointed. Catch 22, sack TW and end the season leaderless or keep him and, in reality, we still end the season leaderless.
It really depends on his contract length and position within the academy. If it is just until the end of the season and the academy could run without him then I’d be tempted to get rid just to show solidarity with the majority of the fan base. Put Alan White (I don’t for one minute think White could do any better, but he could hardly do worse) in charge until the end of the season and block Martin Grays inevitable application.

I fully expect the board has got a short list of targets that we can approach in the event of needing a new manager, it’s not like this has just come about quickly.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:24 am

I wonder if Neil Aspin would be interested in the job? I know he’s attended a few games recently. John Flanagan or Ronnie Moore would be good candidates too.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:30 am

Darlo_CR wrote:I wonder if Neil Aspin would be interested in the job? I know he’s attended a few games recently. John Flanagan or Ronnie Moore would be good candidates too.
Has Tommy gone??

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:40 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Darlo_CR wrote:I wonder if Neil Aspin would be interested in the job? I know he’s attended a few games recently. John Flanagan or Ronnie Moore would be good candidates too.
Has Tommy gone??

Not yet but unless he got that contract extension at Christmas, I can’t see why he would be retained next season. He’s failed his own targets this season.