Curzon V Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

Curzon V Darlington

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:50 am

Curzon in good form so we will need to at our best to get some points from this match. Hope everyone’s fit after Tuesday night.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Curzon V Darlington

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:56 am

Funny day for me.My family all going to City v Burnley but I will go past the Etihad staying on the tram to watch Darlo.

Tough game but fancy Darlo to get something

tdk1

Re: Curzon V Darlington

Post by tdk1 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:03 am

Take it the striker we were lining up a week ago has yet to sign?

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:04 am

No under seat heating for you today, just a cold, damp away terrace.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:16 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:No under seat heating for you today, just a cold, damp away terrace.
Yes I will miss my prawn sarnies at HT but at least theres a roof :lol:

Going to Stalyvegas first meeting the lads.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:20 am

tdk1 wrote:Take it the striker we were lining up a week ago has yet to sign?
Strange that no updates about this.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:25 am

I am looking forward to this as well, Curzon had some good results lately, and we are playing some good football, although struggling to score a little bit but creating chances. Fancy a good result out of this, a nice pint of beer and hopefully a good pie at the ground to make it an excellent day out :thumbup:

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:34 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

International clearance does always seem to take a long time, might just be that. Might be springing a surprise? Might have gone south?

You're right though, given we could do with a striker it's odd that we've not heard a thing in over a week about it.

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:42 am

tdk1 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

International clearance does always seem to take a long time, might just be that. Might be springing a surprise? Might have gone south?

You're right though, given we could do with a striker it's odd that we've not heard a thing in over a week about it.
To be fair the last time we needed international clearance to sign someone (Mark Beck) we announced the signing before we had international clearance (unless Falkingham needed it and I’m forgetting)

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:43 am

Have we ever beaten Curzon Ashton? Seem a proper bogey team for us

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:55 am

Remember how long we had to wait for Fisher? And the points reduction fears over (I think) callaghan? I think for a club without a full time secretary it's a bit of an administrative headache.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:56 am

al_quaker wrote:Have we ever beaten Curzon Ashton? Seem a proper bogey team for us
Don't think so it will be another tough game as they all are just hoping for a good performance for the travelling 300 or so Darlo fans..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:59 am

The striker requiring international clearance was only signing if he impressed TW.

TW is even debating whether to sign a centre-forward as the return of Hughes will free up Ainge to play centre-forward. I despair, Ainge hasn’t looked like a centre-forward since signing.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:00 am

al_quaker wrote:Have we ever beaten Curzon Ashton? Seem a proper bogey team for us
Yes - we beat them away in August 2016. They missed a last-minute sitter. Hardy & Burgess scored.

Also beat them in March 2017 at home. Dave Syers in the last 10 mins I think after Thompson missed a penalty.
Last edited by Darlofan97 on Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:00 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Don't think so it will be another tough game as they all are just hoping for a good performance for the travelling 300 or so Darlo fans..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Two wins against Curzon Ashton in 5 meetings, the other three being defeats. Last win coming in last seasons home game, when after a fairly forgettable game of football, Phil Turnbull crossed from a freekick and Dave Syers diving header gave us a 1-0 win. Before that out other win against them also came in this division, we played them away early in our first season Liam Hard anf Kevin Burgess scoring in a 2-1 win.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:10 am

We beat them in our first conference north season at their place, 2-1. They missed a real sitter.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:29 am

tdk1 wrote:We beat them in our first conference north season at their place, 2-1. They missed a real sitter.
Our record is 2-0-5

2013/4 - H-0-4, A 0-1

2016-7. -H1-3, A 2-1

2017-8 H1-0 A 0-1

2018-9 H 1-2

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:55 pm

Team,

Maddison Trotman Smith Ainge Galbraith Palmer Elliott Wheatley Saunders Thompson Nicholson.
Last edited by poppyfield on Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:59 pm

poppyfield wrote:Team,

Maddison Trotman Smith Ainge Galbraith Palmer Elliott Saunders Thompson Nicholson.
That's only ten players? Presume O'Hanlon/Kokolo is missing from you're line up?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:07 pm

Wheatley missing. Looks like a 4-4-2 unless Elliott is going to play LWB. Would seem odd to play him there with Kokolo on the bench

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:17 pm

divas wrote:Wheatley missing. Looks like a 4-4-2 unless Elliott is going to play LWB. Would seem odd to play him there with Kokolo on the bench
Yet another crazy decision from Tommy, why not Kokolo for O'Hanlon and keep the same system instead of a change to 442.Sunderland won't be happy and could you blame them.I just don't get it.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:23 pm

divas wrote:Wheatley missing. Looks like a 4-4-2 unless Elliott is going to play LWB. Would seem odd to play him there with Kokolo on the bench
I think it's just that the team above is missing a name. I'm sure either O'Hanlon or Kokolo will be at left wing back, Elliott, Nicholson and Palmer in the middle.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:31 pm

Spyman wrote:
poppyfield wrote:Team,

Maddison Trotman Smith Ainge Galbraith Palmer Elliott Saunders Thompson Nicholson.
That's only ten players? Presume O'Hanlon/Kokolo is missing from you're line up?

Fixed , yea I just missed Wheatley off the starting 11.

Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:32 pm

Elliott is playing LWB. Wheatley & Palmer are in the middle.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:38 pm

Spyman wrote:
I think it's just that the team above is missing a name. I'm sure either O'Hanlon or Kokolo will be at left wing back, Elliott, Nicholson and Palmer in the middle.

Apparently Elliott left wing back according to Darlo Fans Radio, he is quite simply NOT a left wing back whereas Kokolo surely is a better option.Wright has to make a decision on him, either give him a game or send him back.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:40 pm

Strange, are any of Kokolo/O'Hanlon on the bench?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:40 pm

Ah yeh, misunderstood Divas response.

DC

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:41 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Apparently Elliott left wing back according to Darlo Fans Radio, he is quite simply NOT a left wing back whereas Kokolo surely is a better option.Wright has to make a decision on him, either give him a game or send him back.

Could be wrong , but I don't think Elliott has ever started on the bench.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:48 pm

poppyfield wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Could be wrong , but I don't think Elliott has ever started on the bench.
TW never puts Elliott on the bench or ever subs him which I cannot understand.Seems to be one of Tommy's "favourites".?

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:50 pm

We've been decent. I thought trotman should have had a penalty.

Elliott doing okay, could do with a bit more help.