Chandler

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Hapag Loid
Team Supported: Darlington & Shanghai SIPG

Re: Chandler

Post by Hapag Loid » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:54 am

...although that said, it's a shame to see how bitter and twisted Chandler's become. Is there some backstory there? MoM at Wembley if I'm not mistaken, captain in the liquidation season, the scenes at Barrow, etc. Sad really.

HarryCharltonsCat
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:48 am

For most of the game, Chandler had chants calling him a c##t. Did that word not offend any one with kids? He's had it every time he's played against us for the sin of signing for Spenny over us. Blatant hypocrisy. Alright to dish out abuse, for which you would be arrested outside of a football ground, but throw a wobbler when you get a reaction. Shades of the faux outage over Campbell at West Auckland.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:45 am

Ultimately whatever he did do was clearly not deliberately aimed at young children in the crowd - I’m not sure you can be put on a register unless there was some form of intent in that sense. Law is there to protect children who pose a risk to them are people honestly saying that what he did today justifies having that label.

It was directed towards the so called adults who will have been shouting and gesturing things which for some reason the very same people aren’t offended by.

The fact he was questioning by police says nothing other than a darlo fan reported something to them so they have to ask the question nothing more than that.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:49 am

Hardly warrants being called a threat to children as seems to be the accusation on here.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:12 am

lo36789 wrote:Hardly warrants being called a threat to children as seems to be the accusation on here.
That pic was following the first goal. The other incident by all accounts was far worse.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:36 pm

Family friendly club. You've got to laugh.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:39 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Family friendly club. You've got to laugh.
Spot on Harry , and never will be I afraid you will never stamp out swearing that's impossible but the club are in a catch twenty two situation

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:38 pm

We'll see what the police have to say about the incident. If I was Ainsley I'd never play him again when they play Darlo in a competitive match, because if they do then they're just asking for trouble.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:39 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:We'll see what the police have to say about the incident. If I was Ainsley I'd never play him again when they play Darlo in a competitive match, because if they do then they're just asking for trouble.
Pete nothing will happen get over it

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:57 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:We'll see what the police have to say about the incident. If I was Ainsley I'd never play him again when they play Darlo in a competitive match, because if they do then they're just asking for trouble.
"We have been told you made an offensive gesture towards a crowd of people, do you have any comments to make?"

"I was simply returning the 500+ offensive gestures directed at me prior to this from the individuals in the crowd, which also came with offensive language including aggressive threats - will you be charging those individuals with the same offence?"

"No"

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:30 pm

Seems like a mountain out of a mole hill tbh...

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:34 pm

lo36789 wrote:
"We have been told you made an offensive gesture towards a crowd of people, do you have any comments to make?"

"I was simply returning the 500+ offensive gestures directed at me prior to this from the individuals in the crowd, which also came with offensive language including aggressive threats - will you be charging those individuals with the same offence?"

"No"
If reported to the FA then he may well get a ban but other than that everyone will just move on.

I have little respect for Chandler, mainly due to the way he goes about things and does goad Darlo fans. Although I am sure he was goaded first by some, however remembering fans of the same club did pay him money when Raj wouldn't pay him.

Whatever happens about the incident though I can't say I massively care, what I am interested in is our finances and our own results. We need to move on, enjoy a decent reserve team match on Tuesday night and plan for Sat against Curzon Ashton where it's important we get something out of the game.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:52 pm

comeondarlo wrote:Seems like a mountain out of a mole hill tbh...
Not really, imagine if it had happened in a Premier league match or on a televised cup game.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:57 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Not really, imagine if it had happened in a Premier league match or on a televised cup game.
Your right of course, just doesn’t sit well with me.
Sometimes we embarrass ourselves, we’ve been doing it for years (one way or the other).
If you dish it out then be big enough to take it

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:59 pm

Are you saying Chandler had a mountain coming out of his mole hill?

That's an interesting euphemism!

beatroute66

Post by beatroute66 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:38 pm

Hapag Loid wrote:...although that said, it's a shame to see how bitter and twisted Chandler's become. Is there some backstory there? MoM at Wembley if I'm not mistaken, captain in the liquidation season, the scenes at Barrow, etc. Sad really.
Exactly.

For me, most of the non-game stuff on Saturday was petty and pointless (from both sides). Whether anything comes of all of this or not - and I doubt it will - the most disappointing thing for me is there is an ex-player there who experienced some big highs and some real lows with us, that appeared to have a strong relationship with it's fans in the past, who is now quite happy to allegedly act in such a way when one of his current team-mates scores against us.

As I and others pointed out on Saturday evening; has he forgotten (or doesn't care) about the fact that a decent number of us chipped in to pay his wages for a period in 2011/12 when the club could not?

Some players refuse to celebrate when they score against sides that they had a month's loan spell with five years back or whatever, so clearly something has switched in Chandler's head over the years that we're no longer to be respected or thought fondly of despite the history.

That said, I guess he did spend 90 minutes taking a whole load of abuse from our fans, so perhaps he feels his actions are justified?

I suspect it will slip away and be forgotten about. It's just as shame that both sides have reached a point where all that mutual goodwill of 7/8 years ago has vanished.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:45 pm

I very much doubt it'll be forgotten about by Darlo fans, if he plays against us sometime in the future.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:04 pm

Probably vanished because he's had nothing but abuse ever since he chose Spenny over us. Why should he feel anything for us when we have so obviously changed our view of him? For a club for whom Spennymoor apparently mean little, a proportion of our fans certainly seemed overly irate on Saturday.

beatroute66

Post by beatroute66 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:08 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I very much doubt it'll be forgotten about by Darlo fans, if he plays against us sometime in the future.
I meant 'officially', Pete.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:28 pm

I'm sure he'll now bitterly regret his obscene gestures. It's been discussed all over social media, in newspapers and been mentioned on Sunderland blogs along with police involvement. He must be dreading the appearance of photographs or video because the footage of Spenny's celebrations after the winner has been strangely curtailed so far :oops:

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:31 pm

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:45 pm

What he did after the winner is worse.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:26 pm

Come on calm down Spennymoor let us use their ground at no cost, chairman matched our charity funding Saturday, this really is a storm in a teacup and one of our idiots chinned a child he needs finding and banning. Now Tuesday night we can shout at the chimp stranglers but no abuse please.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:14 pm

eddie-rowles wrote:Come on calm down Spennymoor let us use their ground at no cost, chairman matched our charity funding Saturday, this really is a storm in a teacup and one of our idiots chinned a child he needs finding and banning. Now Tuesday night we can shout at the chimp stranglers but no abuse please.
Yes but the nasty man upset whiny Pete so he has to go to jail :shock:

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:03 pm

Darlo fans have very short memories

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk