Chandler

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Emdubya
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Chandler

Post by Emdubya » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:29 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
murtonquaker wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:Things happen on the spur of the moment in football and players do things to wind up fans all the time. You can't be chasing players down every time something happens. I'm sure we've all seen players making gestures to say we are tossers, sticking two fingers up etc. I remember the Bishop Auckland manager shouting "Wankers" at us very loudly (several times) after they equalised at HP. Chandler is an idiot and went way over the top but personally I don't think it should go any further.
Definitely an idiot, definitely needs a harsh talking to by a dude in a blue uniform and a warning by his club.

Getting caught up in the moment happens to us all, he needs to be warned about his behaviour

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
He did it 3 times and he should be charged, if I did that in a High Street in front of kids, I'd expect to be charged. He has no defence.
Do you remember a bloke called Michael Jackson Pete.He made a living out of grabbing his bollocks for years and no one complained.
Stop being such a whiny twat.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:33 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
murtonquaker wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:Things happen on the spur of the moment in football and players do things to wind up fans all the time. You can't be chasing players down every time something happens. I'm sure we've all seen players making gestures to say we are tossers, sticking two fingers up etc. I remember the Bishop Auckland manager shouting "Wankers" at us very loudly (several times) after they equalised at HP. Chandler is an idiot and went way over the top but personally I don't think it should go any further.
Definitely an idiot, definitely needs a harsh talking to by a dude in a blue uniform and a warning by his club.

Getting caught up in the moment happens to us all, he needs to be warned about his behaviour

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
He did it 3 times and he should be charged, if I did that in a High Street in front of kids, I'd expect to be charged. He has no defence.
Do you remember a bloke called Michael Jackson Pete.He made a living out of grabbing his bollocks for years and no one complained.
Stop being such a whiny twat.
Me bloody ribs :lol:

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:37 pm

Jesus wept is all this fuss over a Michael Jackson?

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:43 pm

Let's just Blame It On The Boogie.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:46 pm

That Chandler is a Smooth Criminal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:50 pm

Quaker85 wrote:That Chandler is a Smooth Criminal

Shaved then?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:04 pm

DL5 wrote:Well was his cock out or not? unless it was that small we need Kev's photos zoomed in to tell
Nope he grabbed it 3 times through his shorts and gestured towards the Darlo fans where I was stood.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:11 pm

Quaker85 wrote:That Chandler is a Smooth Criminal

Thank God he didn't Beat It.
Last edited by biccynana on Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:11 pm

And people want him arrested and charged?

OnTheTerraces

Post by OnTheTerraces » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:13 pm

It’s an odd way to celebrate

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:13 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
DL5 wrote:Well was his cock out or not? unless it was that small we need Kev's photos zoomed in to tell
Nope he grabbed it 3 times through his shorts and gestured towards the Darlo fans where I was stood.
Cheers Pete, a stupid thing to do but not quite the sex pest that had been suggested

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:16 pm

I’m sure all he will get is a warning, but it’s not a terribly clever thing to do. I don’t quite understand his problem with the club either.

In other news. I see one of our idiots has slapped a Spennymoor fan outside the ground. Great.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:19 pm

One thing's for sure. It won't end up in What Happened Next on Question Of Sport.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:51 pm

H1987 wrote:I’m sure all he will get is a warning, but it’s not a terribly clever thing to do. I don’t quite understand his problem with the club either.

In other news. I see one of our idiots has slapped a Spennymoor fan outside the ground. Great.
Ever thought that what Chandler did led to the bother outside? Its bad enough putting up with his badge kissing but pretending to wank off in front of kids is shocking. Plenty players have served bans for stuff a far less worse than that.
And to think he works with kids too. Not good.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:55 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Or was it the man in the mirror??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:08 pm

loan_star wrote:
H1987 wrote:I’m sure all he will get is a warning, but it’s not a terribly clever thing to do. I don’t quite understand his problem with the club either.

Ever thought that what Chandler did led to the bother outside? Its bad enough putting up with his badge kissing but pretending to wank off in front of kids is shocking. Plenty players have served bans for stuff a far less worse than that.
And to think he works with kids too. Not good.
I dunno. I wasn't there, but that wouldn't make me, or most normal people want to go and hit another, different person outside the ground.

Chandler will be dealt with, i assume. Perhaps it is on video. Either way, they're different incidents. If you're a grown man, you shouldn't be hitting people because of a game of football.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:18 pm

I’m not condoning the actions of a few mindless idiots but why were the away fans let out at the same time as us? It was the same v York.

I don’t see the point having segregation and doing that in a set up like BM where everyone meets in front of the club house.

Needs looking at imo

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:38 pm

Well the same applied in the football league at the arena. We were segregated, then all just piled out after.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:39 pm

H1987 wrote: I dunno. I wasn't there, but that wouldn't make me, or most normal people want to go and hit another, different person outside the ground.
100% agree with you. But unfortunately there are people who act otherwise and players have to remember their actions can have consequences.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:41 pm

Quaker85 wrote:I’m not condoning the actions of a few mindless idiots but why were the away fans let out at the same time as us? It was the same v York.

I don’t see the point having segregation and doing that in a set up like BM where everyone meets in front of the club house.

Needs looking at imo

I know I've asked the question, it's not as.if they can go anywhere because the cars can't till all fans have dispersed.. It's common sense surely

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:43 pm

I've seen from the Spennymoor Twitter that our match announcer said at the end the game was Spennymoor's Cup Final.

Did that actually happen?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:52 pm

Darlogramps wrote:I've seen from the Spennymoor Twitter that our match announcer said at the end the game was Spennymoor's Cup Final.

Not setting a very good example if true

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:52 pm

Darlogramps wrote:I've seen from the Spennymoor Twitter that our match announcer said at the end the game was Spennymoor's Cup Final.

Yes it did. I laughed at the time not seeing the Chandler incident from the tin shed but with hindsight, it seems a tad unprofessional.

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:54 pm

Yes :o
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:55 pm

In fairness, that's just as antagonistic as Chandler (if you consider more people will have heard that than saw Chandler's "action"). Probably meant partly as humour, partly out of frustration at losing to a neighbour.

Sounds like everyone was as bad as each other if I'm honest.

Sadly after Nuneaton, Chester and now today, the incidents are starting to add up. Can't keep blaming everyone else.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Makka Pakka

Post by Makka Pakka » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:02 pm

Interesting pic of Chandler that Stod has put in his article about abuse of Spenny people.
"At a meeting held at the Grammar School on Friday last - Mr Phillip Wood M.A., in the chair - it was resolved to form an Association Football Club for Darlington and neighbourhood. The opinions of those present were so unanimous as to the desirability of this step, that a committee was formed to complete the organisation of the club, and Mr Craven, 17, Garden Street, was appointed secretary pro tem." - The Northern Echo, Monday 23rd July 1883

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:17 pm

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2019011 ... d4ff64.jpg[/img]

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:18 pm

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2019011 ... 2c7f0d.jpg[/img]

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:00 am

From what I hear the video footage is more damning.
The pic on the echo website was his reaction following the first goal.

Hapag Loid
Team Supported: Darlington & Shanghai SIPG

Post by Hapag Loid » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:45 am

Interesting to see his twitter profile is private...has this always been the case or has he just taken precautions today to avoid having his 'great training session with the academy kids today!' tweets bombarded with images of his 'fist pump'? :lol:

Would I be right in thinking we've never been that bothered about Spendymore - hard to tell as an exile but I've never got the impression it's a fixture that anyone gets overly excited about? Also, have Darlo fans not faced hassle from the local mouth-breathers on away days there?

None of the above meant as sour grapes - as much as the easily offended don't like players abusing the crowd, over the top celebrations, handbags in the carpark, tannoy wind-ups etc I love the pantomime aspect of it. Always good to have a team you enjoy beating and should make future fixtures even tastier!