Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

don'tbuythesun
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Hartlepool match confirmed at BM

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:29 pm

This team is our historical rivals. For those of us who remember being in the same division it does mean something. If people want to big it up let them, if they're not bothered then fine. Gramps, you really do drag some threads into absolute tedium with your endless point discussions. I haven't locked horns with you for some time but please try harder.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:15 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:This team is our historical rivals. For those of us who remember being in the same division it does mean something. If people want to big it up let them, if they're not bothered then fine. Gramps, you really do drag some threads into absolute tedium with your endless point discussions. I haven't locked horns with you for some time but please try harder.
That's absolutely fine and I've stated as such, but I'm entitled to reply as I want, as much as I want. For the record, I also remember being in the same division but it doesn't change my opinion.

What I don't find acceptable is someone like Tezza joking I have mental health problems, and it going without comment from anyone else. That's far worse abuse than anything I dish out so I find it hard to sympathise about me being repetitive in threads.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:28 pm

Well, perhaps Tezza can clarify what he meant. If he was joking about mental health issues I agree it's not funny and it's unnecessary.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:42 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Well, perhaps Tezza can clarify what he meant. If he was joking about mental health issues I agree it's not funny and it's unnecessary.
Well here is what he posted in this thread:
Have to admit it is becoming more and more predictable, repetitive & Monotonous. Has to be in a lonely and sad place. Perhaps we need to be more understanding Image
No clarification needed. Fairly clearly he's joking that I have mental health issues (even down to the laughing emoticon). I'd find it strange (or a double-standard) for people to be annoyed about me being repetitive in threads, but think this is acceptable.

Anyway, I'm happy enough to leave it there.

eddie-rowles

Post by eddie-rowles » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:13 am

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/ ... -1-9523781

Highly anticipated is what the chimp stranglers regard it. I'm looking forward to a full on local derby and will be leaving work early in Manchester to make it.

The Golden Hairclip

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:22 am

Tickets are selling very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:43 am

The Golden Hairclip wrote:Tickets are selling very well.

Any idea on numbers so far? :clap: :clap:

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:54 am

AndyPark wrote:
The Golden Hairclip wrote:Tickets are selling very well.

Any idea on numbers so far? :clap: :clap:
I heard Gramps has bought 50 Image

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:54 am

Darlogramps wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:Well, perhaps Tezza can clarify what he meant. If he was joking about mental health issues I agree it's not funny and it's unnecessary.
Have to admit it is becoming more and more predictable, repetitive & Monotonous. Has to be in a lonely and sad place. Perhaps we need to be more understanding Image
No clarification needed. Fairly clearly he's joking that I have mental health issues (even down to the laughing emoticon). I'd find it strange (or a double-standard) for people to be annoyed about me being repetitive in threads, but think this is acceptable.

Awh diddums, are your feelings hurt
??? I guess if the cap fits ...you know what to do

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:15 pm

AndyPark wrote:
comeondarlo wrote:
dfc4me wrote:Regardless of the lack of significance of the DCC a match against old rivals is a chance to get a good crowd and bring some much needed cash into the club. Why not treat the match as a fundraiser and make buying a ticket as your donation. You don’t have to actually go to the match if you don’t want to.
This ^, This ^, This ^

I’m in exile, I’m not a regular anymore and have been for awhile now.
Surely the club and we the fans should be talking up this game, not talking it down!

Some seem only to be happy if this game attracts 200 rather than 2,000, I also feel guilty for coming up for it. Beggars belief tbh!
Can't win with some people, I know a lot of people who can't wait to see us play Hartlepool again.

I cant wait to see us play Hartlepooh again - in a game that matters and in a competition that matters. That will mean we are getting back to where we belong. This is a reserve team game.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:20 pm

tezza wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Well, there we go. Confirmation from Tezza that he doesn't mind making jokes about people having mental health problems. I trust there'll be people queuing up to express their disapproval.....

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:31 pm

isn't there an ignore function or something on here where you can choose who's posts you don't want to see?

if there is, it might be of interest to some folk

Henley

Post by Henley » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:44 pm

Darlogramps wrote:

Fecking snowflakes :roll:

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:51 pm

Henley wrote:
Fecking ignorance.

There's nothing "snowflakey" about it. Joking that someone has mental health problems because you don't like what they're posting is abusive and out of order.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:54 pm

What are the sales looking like, out of interest? A timely boost with a big crowd would be nice, although my fear would be any additional income will be spent on security arrangements anyway, if we really are expecting a bumper home and away crowd.

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:57 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
tezza wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Well, there we go. Confirmation from Tezza that he doesn't mind making jokes about people having mental health problems. I trust there'll be people queuing up to express their disapproval.....

Very techy ... is this an admission on your part ....short memory , do you recall that pm you sent me.
Do you know someone once told me "Bullies cannot take their own medicine". Beginning to think there is some truth in that, would people agree?

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:01 pm

Apologies to everyone having to endure this ...however you get the impression certain people could be locked in an empty room and disagree with their own thoughts ...just saying

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:02 pm

MKDarlo wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
comeondarlo wrote:
dfc4me wrote:Regardless of the lack of significance of the DCC a match against old rivals is a chance to get a good crowd and bring some much needed cash into the club. Why not treat the match as a fundraiser and make buying a ticket as your donation. You don’t have to actually go to the match if you don’t want to.
This ^, This ^, This ^

I’m in exile, I’m not a regular anymore and have been for awhile now.
Surely the club and we the fans should be talking up this game, not talking it down!

Some seem only to be happy if this game attracts 200 rather than 2,000, I also feel guilty for coming up for it. Beggars belief tbh!
Can't win with some people, I know a lot of people who can't wait to see us play Hartlepool again.

I cant wait to see us play Hartlepooh again - in a game that matters and in a competition that matters. That will mean we are getting back to where we belong. This is a reserve team game.
You’ve clearly totally missed the point!
Shame I’ve always had you down as one of our more intelligent fans
Last edited by comeondarlo on Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:27 pm

Henley wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

assuming that's a direct response to people with mental health issues that's out of order.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:52 pm

We're Darlo,
we're mental,
we're off our f**king heads

:wtf:
Think before posting

Carl Airey

Post by Carl Airey » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:05 pm

I've just bought My ticket for the game. I for one am looking forward to the match between Darlington fc and Hartlepool United fc.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:33 pm

Tezza - I'm more than happy for people to have a go at me if they wish. Everyone else can do it without bringing someone's mental health into it. I've a family member who took his own life after suffering from depression. It's not something to be joked about.

You're not standing up to me or giving me a taste of my own medicine. You're showing yourself up. That you think mental health problems are a joking matter shows how ignorant you are.

Have a go at me and my opinions all you like, and I'll give it back. Bringing mental health it into though is way out of order.

I'm also saddened people aren't willing to speak up against the ignorance and abuse Tezza is demonstrating.

This has gone too far so I'm stepping away from the thread.

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:56 pm

Carl Airey wrote:I've just bought My ticket for the game. I for one am looking forward to the match between Darlington fc and Hartlepool United fc.
I will be going also, it’s all about supporting our club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:03 pm

I am going to be generous and call it a noble retreat.

You really expect people to spring to your defence ? You continually put out veiled and open insults time and again, simply because people have a different opinion, and you expect sympathy when things get tough.

I will not forget the pm you sent to me, that confirmed to me you are ill. Heaven knows how many you have sent to others. Would be interesting to know.
Clearly you have not sought any successful treatment, your narcissism and megalomania have taken over completely.

My advice is to step away and not enter any further threads ....stop being a darned fool

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:12 pm

This thread is now getting nasty.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:19 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:This thread is now getting nasty.
Hopefully not an precursor to the game itself.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:34 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Tezza - I'm more than happy for people to have a go at me if they wish. Everyone else can do it without bringing someone's mental health into it. I've a family member who took his own life after suffering from depression. It's not something to be joked about.

You're not standing up to me or giving me a taste of my own medicine. You're showing yourself up. That you think mental health problems are a joking matter shows how ignorant you are.

Have a go at me and my opinions all you like, and I'll give it back. Bringing mental health it into though is way out of order.

I'm also saddened people aren't willing to speak up against the ignorance and abuse Tezza is demonstrating.

This has gone too far so I'm stepping away from the thread.
Well, Gramps lasted a little over 12 hours after promising to 'leave it there' last time. Can he beat that :)

50 years

Post by 50 years » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:09 pm

Booked for 4 of us in hospitality for the game, all four of us really looking forward to the game. Expecting a reasonable gate and great atmosphere to be honest.
Thought I would just copy a footnote from the pooly fans forum which I thought was funny and shows some of them still think about us, ( and us of them of course- great days). I have changed the club's names ofcourse :D .

" saw some poolies fans playing football with hedgehogs, was going to phone the rspca but then the hedgehogs went 1-0 up"

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:23 pm

Been told nearly 500 tickets have been sold so far :clap:

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:41 pm

AndyPark wrote:Been told nearly 500 tickets have been sold so far :clap:
Just Darlo or in total?