John Tempest standing down

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

al_quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

John Tempest standing down

Post by al_quaker » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:20 am

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/john-te ... ngton-fc-1

A real shame for the club. Thanks to JT for all of his efforts over the years.

Lets hope there's someone waiting in the wings to replace him.

eddie-rowles

Re: John Tempest standing down

Post by eddie-rowles » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:33 am

Many thanks JT for your efforts and hours of support. Hardly surprising him standing down (really good he is staying to allow a smoother transition) after the personal attacks made on him last month and let us see at next AGM who is available from the business community to replace him. Hopefully someone dynamic & willing to look closer at the management thru less rose tinted glasses. TW maybe doing well at the Academy and a personal friend Of JT but I am more interested in the first team players being coached to a reasonable standard and if this does not improve after a year is willing to seek alternatives.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:43 am

What s*** news to start the day he always appeared the glue that kept everything together. Can’t imagine it was the boo boys as I’ve seen him on many occasions go to them directly and calm them down. I doubt DJ will be hanging round so SG wil end up running the show as can’t see anyone stepping up. Anyway thanks for all your help over the past few years you will be sorely missed.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:46 am

Absolutely gutted been a fantastic servant to the club, not only on DFC board but also in the regeneration of what was then the supporters trust, I remember voting for him in Travelers Rest in 2012 to the trust board to help sort out the mess they were in at the time .
He will be missed I hope everyone appreciates the amount of time and effort he has put in over the last 7 years.

TDS

Post by TDS » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:54 am

Thank you to JT and may he enjoy his new found time.

Experience required is looking extremely thin on the ground......

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:09 am

Thank you John, you've been brilliant! What a loss.

tezza

Post by tezza » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:11 am

eddie-rowles wrote:Many thanks JT for your efforts and hours of support. Hardly surprising him standing down (really good he is staying to allow a smoother transition) after the personal attacks made on him last month and let us see at next AGM who is available from the business community to replace him. Hopefully someone dynamic & willing to look closer at the management thru less rose tinted glasses. TW maybe doing well at the Academy and a personal friend Of JT but I am more interested in the first team players being coached to a reasonable standard and if this does not improve after a year is willing to seek alternatives.
You might want to reflect on the latter comments in this post

coles

Post by coles » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:19 am

I have worked with JT firstly on the SG board and then as the SG rep on the main board and i have to say he will be a massive loss to the club. I really hope that the aggro shown towards the board after the nuneaton game was not the straw that broke the camels back. I was with JT that day and I know how hurt he was afterwards.

To JT I say thank you its been a pleasure working with you, to the boo boys i say careful what you wish for.

comeondarlo

Post by comeondarlo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:28 am

tezza wrote:
eddie-rowles wrote:Many thanks JT for your efforts and hours of support. Hardly surprising him standing down (really good he is staying to allow a smoother transition) after the personal attacks made on him last month and let us see at next AGM who is available from the business community to replace him. Hopefully someone dynamic & willing to look closer at the management thru less rose tinted glasses. TW maybe doing well at the Academy and a personal friend Of JT but I am more interested in the first team players being coached to a reasonable standard and if this does not improve after a year is willing to seek alternatives.
Absolutely spot on, I wonder about some fans at this club sometimes
I echo the majority of what has been said on this thread.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:10 pm

It's another loss on the board and a loss to the club. Having done some work with John in the past he does throw himself into it and will be a loss, I hope not but can imagine the Nuneaton game helped make this decision

Until the board start sharing more of what is going on and the fans learn to handle the information coming out we will continue with this. Every time we lose I see on Twitter or elsewhere how we need investment, it's not a point I disagree with I just don't see the benefit of saying it when no one is looking to invest.

Similar to we must remove the manager after every defeat, whilst again I agree generally but the board have set out why this isn't going to happen currently. We need to support the club, that doesn't mean praising Wright in any way if something goes right but I don't see any benefit in the toxic atmosphere after Nuneaton beat us.

Anyhow thanks John for all your hard work and I hope you continue to attend games.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:28 pm

He was pretty good at snow clearing too.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:37 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
tezza wrote:
Agree totally. Going on about personal attacks then launches one of his own. Unbelievable!!!

As for John, its been a pleasure dealing with him on football club business and its a shame to see him go but he has his own business to run and that has to be his priority.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:10 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:It's another loss on the board and a loss to the club. Having done some work with John in the past he does throw himself into it and will be a loss, I hope not but can imagine the Nuneaton game helped make this decision

Until the board start sharing more of what is going on and the fans learn to handle the information coming out we will continue with this. Every time we lose I see on Twitter or elsewhere how we need investment, it's not a point I disagree with I just don't see the benefit of saying it when no one is looking to invest.

Similar to we must remove the manager after every defeat, whilst again I agree generally but the board have set out why this isn't going to happen currently. We need to support the club, that doesn't mean praising Wright in any way if something goes right but I don't see any benefit in the toxic atmosphere after Nuneaton beat us.

Anyhow thanks John for all your hard work and I hope you continue to attend games.

Pretty much where I am. Being in about about the NLN doesn't actually bother me. Whilst we keep mentioning this is our level, I'm confident that we still have enough of a budget to be competitive. Unfortunately it hasn't worked out so far this year. As poorly as we've been at times, we have thrown plenty of points away. Points which would put us around the playoffs

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:12 pm

In better news, Johnston is staying

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/david-j ... d-business

tezza

Post by tezza » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:14 pm

comeondarlo wrote:
tezza wrote:

We are a poorer club today than we were yesterday. I fear our foundations are now on straw.

Not many, if any have given as much dedicated service with little reward except recognition than JT. A great servant to DFC, we need more like him. Very best wishes for the future and I guarantee he will still be in attendance if not prominence.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:17 pm

He will be a bigger miss to the club than Styche. Most fans have no idea about how to run a business or a football club and do not appreciate everything he has done for the club over recent (turbulent) times, from shovelling snow although never pulled his boots on to play!
Thanks, JT and you will always be welcome at the match.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:51 pm

jjljks wrote:He will be a bigger miss to the club than Styche. Most fans have no idea about how to run a business or a football club and do not appreciate everything he has done for the club over recent (turbulent) times, from shovelling snow although never pulled his boots on to play!
I bet he don't set foot in the gaff again, can't blame him really..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:12 pm

How you did what you have done for darlington football club I just don't know, fully committed from your first encounter with the football club, I thank you John and wish you well for the future both of your wellbeing and business. You were a colossus for our club.

bga

Post by bga » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:36 pm

Yep echo all the above thanks John. Good to see DJ staying. Whilst the last accounts were as at 30th June 2017, we really need to get the AGM out of the way asap, as I doubt they make good reading. Let's get all the bad news over and done with.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:11 pm

al_quaker wrote:In better news, Johnston is staying

I notice the requirements to be on the board are as follows :-

Must essentially have previous or current board experience
Have good people management skills
Be prepared to attend meetings at various times during the day
Must be able to demonstrate corporate responsibility
Have a sporting background, but this is not essential

I would like to add :-

Has a wad of cash they want to chuck at the club and make us successful :D

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:00 pm

Hmmm any candidates in mind from the local area?

tezza

Post by tezza » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:25 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
jjljks wrote:He will be a bigger miss to the club than Styche. Most fans have no idea about how to run a business or a football club and do not appreciate everything he has done for the club over recent (turbulent) times, from shovelling snow although never pulled his boots on to play!

What a sad comment...grow up

divas

Post by divas » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:52 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:Hmmm any candidates in mind from the local area?
David Hodgson :lol:

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:55 pm

loan_star wrote:
al_quaker wrote:In better news, Johnston is staying

I notice the requirements to be on the board are as follows :-

Must essentially have previous or current board experience
Have good people management skills
Be prepared to attend meetings at various times during the day
Must be able to demonstrate corporate responsibility
Have a sporting background, but this is not essential

I would like to add :-

Has a wad of cash they want to chuck at the club and make us successful :D
And an unbelievably thick skin.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:31 pm

divas wrote:
grimsbyquaker wrote:Hmmm any candidates in mind from the local area?
David Hodgson :lol:[/quote

David Hodgson got a massive pay off and signed an NDA that’s why he has never commented on previous regimes and hasn’t attended BM apparently, Tempest has apparently worked for nothing for 4 years - make your own mind up!!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:38 pm

tezza wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:

What a sad comment...grow up
Totally agree, silly negative comment totally uncalled for.I despair at times

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

wizardofos

Post by wizardofos » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:01 pm

Perhaps Craig Morley can step into this position.

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:55 pm

wizardofos wrote:Perhaps Craig Morley can step into this position.
Jesus no, great commercial man but full of self importance with no real board experince at all. Would like to think there are other better suited appointees. I’d be interested in DJs view?

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:09 pm

wizardofos wrote:Perhaps Craig Morley can step into this position.
If he does that it would detract on the role he is being paid for

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:21 am

Craig Morley, is commercial manager and bloody good at what he was brought to do, don't make assumptions about the guy. Leave well alone.
I am sure Mr Johnson has someone in mind for the board. :thumbup: