York V Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Re: York V Darlington

Post by grimsbyquaker » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:50 pm

You can see our ‘penalty’ and their ‘red card’ on TW’s interview. Their third goal was from a hopeful hook over the top which their guy finished well from a tight angle. I thought the fourth goal came from a blatant push in the back at the far post.
But...the fourth goal should have been saved. The third goal was far too easy. Wright was right about the second goal...’criminal’ defending.
Their no.6 controlled midfield, which shouldn’t happen as our three should smother this out. We have played 3-5-2 successfully in the past but our midfield three was very strong...our current three aren’t so having three rather than two doesn’t really help. Last season at Leamington we stumbled on our best formation of 4-5-1 quite by accident when Brown went off. Thommo and Trotman worked well together, as on that day did O’Hanlon with super sub Caton I thought that we’d put3-5-2 to bed but we’ve reverted to it again (influence of the Eng World Cup campaign?) and both TW/AW seem to prefer it even though the evidence says it’s not helped us a) be more solid at the back and b) be more of a threat going forward. I think that players at this level need it keeping simple...two banks of four when we’re defending etc. Do you build a team around your preferred formation or pick a formation that best suits your personnel?

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by divas » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:59 pm

The trouble is our fullbacks can’t defend and like you say midfield is weak with 3 in the middle so 2 would get dominated even more and if you play the extra one in place of a striker we don’t have someone who can play up front on their own effectively so I’d say 3-5-2 does fit the players.

Personally I don’t think changing formation will make a blind bit of difference.

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:19 pm

last season we lost a centre half and looked no less solid. Wheatley has to become the younger version of Turnbull (doable as his goal scoring record is similar) and just operate in front of the back four (plus he’s not shy of a tackle). That should allow your other midfielder more license to get forward. I think we signed Kokolo in preparation for O’Hanlon leaving? However now he’s here I’d play both of them on the left (if O’Hanlon did go you could slot in Henshall (signed as a LW after all?))and put Thommo back on the right. I’d not bother with Smith and just have Hughes and Tez at CB...not that any of this will happen but I’ve got it all mapped out on my imaginary fag packet should I get the call
Last edited by grimsbyquaker on Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:19 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:After the Ashton result, TW's usual supporters (HarrytheQuaker, theoriginalfatcat etc) told everyone we should be happy, stop criticising and give TW credit for the victory, despite everyone agreeing we were at best average against Ashton.
Ahhhh, Darlogramps - Happy new year.

Firstly I would like to point out that I am not T.W supporter per se - I feel that his days are numbered and that there will be better managers out there that we can hopefully employ at a later stage. However I feel that some of the criticism of him on here has been over the top, unrealistic and insulting.

I can't be bothered to get into this at any length but we've picked up 6 points out of a possible 9 over this Christmas week, yet it's moan moan moan.

Incidentally, I was at the match today and it was poor, there's no getting away with it. It was a flat disorganised performance made worse by a dodgy referee.

But to get back to my original point, some of the criticism is too strong. I mean take this.....
QUAKERMAN2 wrote: Wright does not deserve that level of support and we would not have beaten Ashton if it was not for that wonder goal.
I mean whatthefuck! What does this actually mean?

Quakerman2 wants to go back in time to make something not happen that did happen so that the result that did happen would change into another result. Or would Quakerman2 feel happier if it hadn't of been a wonder goal, and just been a normal tap in from a corner or something. If this had happened (a scruffy tap in) would Quakerman2 feel a little bit happier about seeing us win on Saturday.

I mean even you Darlogramps must think it's a good idea to keep the never ending tide of T.W. bashing inside the realms of reality.
Darlogramps - I challenge you to reply to this without rubbing your hands in anticipation :)

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:45 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:For me the 2 wins out of 3 over Christmas has reduced the amount of wins required to stay up from 7 to 5. That is all. Scrape 5 more wins and we have 42 points. A few draws here and there and we should have enough. A record of 5-5-8 will see us get to 47. Considering our entire record this season is 6-9-9, it won't be easy.
Regarding other teams, I think Nuneaton and Ashton are unlikely to survive. That leaves a straight shoot out between ourselves, FC Utd and Curzon, because I think Hereford have turned the corner.
Problem is we've already played 4 of the 5 teams below us at home and have a record of 1-1-2, that is seriously concerning. If you look at the fixtures we have remaining, I can't see 5 wins out of them.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:49 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
I can't be bothered to get into this at any length but we've picked up 6 points out of a possible 9 over this Christmas week, yet it's moan moan moan.
Honestly, I think you're a bigger TW fan than you want to let on. You're the first to mitigate the negatives (see this thread), you demand people give him praise (see your posts last week which you admitted you went too far), and you rarely are critical in spite of the mediocrity we see game-after-game. You've been quite unpleasant to Quakerman2 on this thread as well, in your mitigation of TW's failings. You describe criticism of TW as "never-ending TW bashing", when it really isn't. There's nothing in this thread that isn't legitimate criticism.

I also don't know why you're so fixated on those two good results (and solitary good performance) over Christmas when the rest of the season has been poor. People aren't being critical of TW because of individual matches. It's the overall sense of ineptitude TW is demonstrating. It's the same mistakes and the same mediocrity game after game. And considering TW promised us the squad was "better quality" than last season, and we were told the squad was capable of a play-off push, that explains why people are complaining.

As for the straw-clutching about the referee, I don't think we suffer any more or less from bad decisions than any other club. We've also benefited on many occasions this season from sendings off and bad decisions. VodkaVic has it right in saying the penalty decision had no effect on the outcome. We were that poor, I think we'd have failed to win, even with a penalty or a red card.
theoriginalfatcat wrote:Some of the criticism is too strong. I mean take this.....
QUAKERMAN2 wrote: Wright does not deserve that level of support and we would not have beaten Ashton if it was not for that wonder goal.

Quakerman2 wants to go back in time to make something not happen that did happen so that the result that did happen would change into another result. Or would Quakerman2 feel happier if it hadn't of been a wonder goal, and just been a normal tap in from a corner or something. If this had happened (a scruffy tap in) would Quakerman2 feel a little bit happier about seeing us win on Saturday.
You're twisting the point Quakerman2 is making. Simply that it took a moment of magic from Nelson to beat a very poor side, with the general point being we expected more from the performance on Saturday. Particularly because it's against a side who , if TW's suggestion we can make the play-offs is to be believed, we should be putting in a more convincing display against, especially considering our dismantling of York three days earlier.

It's not a leap at all to say if we hadn't taken Nelson on loan, we'd be in a far bigger hole.

Except we did take Nelson on loan, so we aren’t in a bigger hole. Let’s just stick to what has actually happened shall we. There’s enough problems as it is without using the “if” scenario, and personally I don’t remember ever “demanding that people give Wright praise”.

But to move on...

Nelson is a good player.
At the moment he plays for us.
Which is a good thing.

He scored for us recently, against Ashton.
Which helped us win the game
Which is a good thing

I find it funny that you’re being critical of me for not being critical enough about T.W. Do you feel it’s a kind of prerequisite for contributing on this board? The thing is I don’t wish to come on here and moan on and on about Tommy Wright. I’m quite aware of his shortcomings, however some people are over egging it. That is my point ( see above) and I won’t bore people by endlessly repeating this point.

Quakerman (or is it Quakerman2) has answered for himself re my post, and that’s fine. Good for him.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:26 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote: Except we did take Nelson on loan, so we aren’t in a bigger hole. Let’s just stick to what has actually happened shall we. There’s enough problems as it is without using the “if” scenario, and personally I don’t remember ever “demanding that people give Wright praise”.
Apart from the bit where you whinged that me and Quakerlad didn't praise TW after the York game.

Are you really disputing that we'd be worse off without Nelson? Saying "Well we did sign him" is a cop out.
theoriginalfatcat wrote: I find it funny that you’re being critical of me for not being critical enough about T.W. Do you feel it’s a kind of prerequisite for contributing on this board? The thing is I don’t wish to come on here and moan on and on about Tommy Wright. I’m quite aware of his shortcomings, however some people are over egging it. That is my point ( see above) and I won’t bore people by endlessly repeating this point.
I'm not criticising you for being too soft on Wright. I'm criticising you for saying you're no fan of Wright and "aware of his shortcomings", but then mitigate his failings at every opportunity.
It's the inconsistency of your argument that I'm critical of. In this thread it's been "Well we've done well over Xmas", "Well the referee was dodgy", and "Well people are being too critical of him".

Also - no one is over-egging it, and no one is moaning on and on about it. You've made that up because you dislike the fact TW is receiving criticism. I've not seen any unjustified criticism of TW in this thread, or any others. His poor management, bad transfer record, inept tactical decisions and general excuse-making is putting us at risk of a damaging relegation. I've seen a lot of managers as a supporter here, and he's right up there with the worst of them.

The reason it seems like the criticism is relentless is because his ineptitude is being dragged out by our lack of resources to sack him. Realistically, he should have been dismissed when he admitted he was allowing players to skip training.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:46 am

We were very poor yesterday, I thought the players looked really tired and obviously playing a game against a team of full timers, this was probably going to be a game too far. Before the last 3 games I'd have been happy with a 5 point return and so 6 is better than I was expecting.

Beano

Post by Beano » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:59 am

I don’t buy the whole ‘6 out of 9’ line.

We’re 17th, 6 points of the relegation zone with a budget for far better.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:28 am

Beano wrote:I don’t buy the whole ‘6 out of 9’ line.
Well we did get 6 points out of 9 over Xmas, so I'm not sure what's needing to be bought there. We have had a decent Xmas overall in terms of points gained. The problem is what's come before it, and what is probably going to come next.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:14 am

Yea where's Ginge01 when you need him :thumbup:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:16 am

Darlogramps wrote:As much as we have our financial limitations, I do wonder how bad things have to get before the board reaches breaking point with TW.
every win buys him 8 terrible defeats... if they didn't sack him after Nuneaton, they're not going to sack him at all... we're stuck with the idiot... we just have to pray there are three teams even worse than us.... given we lost to the supposed worst team, at home, I'm not confident...

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:32 am

Before I'm put in the TW Supporter camp, I'm not. We aren't party to the cost of removing our management team and with the board trying to keep us out of the financial mire that may be a non-starter. I'm sure TW came in with the best of intentions and whilst I might think many of his decisions and tactics are idiotic I don't blame him for seeing his contract out. Is it really up in summer or is that straw grasping?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:59 am

SwansQuaker83 wrote: every win buys him 8 terrible defeats... if they didn't sack him after Nuneaton, they're not going to sack him at all... we're stuck with the idiot... we just have to pray there are three teams even worse than us.... given we lost to the supposed worst team, at home, I'm not confident...
Slight exaggeration since we have won 6 this season and not lost 48. :lol:

As for survival, it depends if we can keep hold of the loanees especially Nelson. If he does go back then we need to find a similar replacement. Hopefully his injury isn't too serious and same with Nicholson, he's the lad in form and we need him playing.

eek

Post by eek » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:08 pm

I don't think we have the budget for far better - it sounds that (as with previous years) that our budget was optimistic even if it wasn't originally...

feethams

Post by feethams » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:34 pm

Yesterday was embarrassing. 900 travelling fans, but the team did not turn up, simple as that.

The only players I felt worked hard yesterday were Saunders and Tez.

Those asking about Burn - I thought he was on the pitching warming up with the subs before the game doing some one on one work, so may have been unfit for the game but almost ready to return?

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:56 pm

I didn’t see any lack of effort. We looked ineffective, more so when Nelson went got a boot on his knee first half. We carried no goal threat and were unable to play through them like we did on BD. Plus they’re a full time team with virtually two players available for each position...a big deal over a congested schedule

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:00 pm

loan_star wrote:
SwansQuaker83 wrote: every win buys him 8 terrible defeats... if they didn't sack him after Nuneaton, they're not going to sack him at all... we're stuck with the idiot... we just have to pray there are three teams even worse than us.... given we lost to the supposed worst team, at home, I'm not confident...
Slight exaggeration since we have won 6 this season and not lost 48. :lol:

As for survival, it depends if we can keep hold of the loanees especially Nelson. If he does go back then we need to find a similar replacement. Hopefully his injury isn't too serious and same with Nicholson, he's the lad in form and we need him playing.
I've heard a few clubs in the league above fancy Nelson on loan, probably hear say but wouldn't be surprised... think his loan's up on the tenth... we need to move heaven and earth to keep him.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:09 pm

SwansQuaker83 wrote: I've heard a few clubs in the league above fancy Nelson on loan, probably hear say but wouldn't be surprised... think his loan's up on the tenth... we need to move heaven and earth to keep him.
Agreed, theres no doubt there will be interest elsewhere but as you say we need to push the boat out if possible to keep him. If we can get him for the rest of the season who knows what may happen when his contract is up in the summer at Sunderland.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:35 pm

Nicholson is carrying a knock according to the Echo (as is O Hanlon), which explains why he didn't start. We badly missed him as he seems the only player capable (at the moment) of linking midfield to attack.

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:40 pm

I think there are reasons to be cheerful, still. Six more points on the board should reflect some credit on TW and let's be honest we need to be as positive as we can about him now. I would say the collapse at York was down to several issues; tired legs, York's laudable desire to better their Boxing Day wash out, poor tactics - which seem to be the worst factor to me, what on Earth is he doing with Thompson, he'll be the first to go soon ? And yes the ref was bad. I think 3-1 would have been a fairer outcome. This isn't people changing minds or being uncritical it's reality as several people can see. Right or not we have to back our man. Also, it's a good fillip for York who are in a worse position off field than us - who'd have thought Dave Penney would turn out a pantomime villain ?

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:48 pm

Wiseacre wrote:what on Earth is he doing with Thompson, he'll be the first to go soon ?
I can't remember Thompson having a good game since Blyth at home. Of course that charge can be leveled at a huge number of the squad, but it was of no surprise he was dropped considering his form this season.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:00 pm

Saw Nelson nearly an hour after the game, waiting for a lift outside Bootham Crescent I assume, he was limping then. Hope he is able to recover, think we will need him, Saunders and Nicholson on Saturday against Kidderminster if we are going to pull off a win. Nicholson providing that link up between Midfield and the forwards, plus all three with lots of energy when fit. Tommo is really struggling to make an impact now, looks a touch over weight and can't seem to get a shot on target, (don't think he has scored from open play this season), either trying too hard or confidence thing?

Poor game with two mediocre teams, after what was a bright start by the Darlo players, York getting a big lift from the first 2 goals and grew in confidence Would like to see the incident early on when Saunders looked like he had beaten the York defender to the ball and looked to me like he was pushed over, (but I was not in the best position to see). Thought Palmer played well and was really trying to lift the pace of the game after we went behind and was looking to support the forwards.

Apparently even BBC York radio presenters said that they had never seen a game where the crucial decisions all went York's way like this game!

Hard game on Saturday, lets just hope the players raise their game for the day.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:16 pm

50 years wrote:Saw Nelson nearly an hour after the game, waiting for a lift outside Bootham Crescent I assume, he was limping then. Hope he is able to recover, think we will need him, Saunders and Nicholson on Saturday against Kidderminster if we are going to pull off a win. Nicholson providing that link up between Midfield and the forwards, plus all three with lots of energy when fit. Tommo is really struggling to make an impact now, looks a touch over weight and can't seem to get a shot on target, (don't think he has scored from open play this season), either trying too hard or confidence thing?

Poor game with two mediocre teams, after what was a bright start by the Darlo players, York getting a big lift from the first 2 goals and grew in confidence Would like to see the incident early on when Saunders looked like he had beaten the York defender to the ball and looked to me like he was pushed over, (but I was not in the best position to see). Thought Palmer played well and was really trying to lift the pace of the game after we went behind and was looking to support the forwards.

Apparently even BBC York radio presenters said that they had never seen a game where the crucial decisions all went York's way like this game!

Hard game on Saturday, lets just hope the players raise their game for the day.
That Saunders incident was right in front of where I was standing. The ref got that badly wrong as the defender was all over Saunders. Summed up his performance towards us for the rest of the game.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:17 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Wiseacre wrote:what on Earth is he doing with Thompson, he'll be the first to go soon ?
I can't remember Thompson having a good game since Blyth at home. Of course that charge can be leveled at a huge number of the squad, but it was of no surprise he was dropped considering his form this season.
Agree, whilst I like Thompson he has offered very little this season.

However I don't totally blame Thompson for that, as he is being played out of position (when picked) and in a team formation that doesn't really suit him. Let's be honest he will quite likely make his way to South Shields at some point, if Wright can't get a tune out of him in his formation then he may as well get rid for us financially and for Thompson as a player.

However don't get me wrong that's not me advocating Thompson going, I would be trying to get my best out of him somehow but with Wright I don't see it happening.

wizardofos

Post by wizardofos » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:01 pm

One thing that has struck me is how the loanees (perhaps with the exception of Nelson) have gradually drifted down to the level of the others after bright starts.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:15 pm

en passant wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Although I'm not sure why people are clamouring for Ainge's return. He's done sweet FA this season for us, and sadly I think that serious injury he suffered last season has done for him.
I think that this answers a query raised above about why when we lost Nelson and Hughes to injury why Ainge wasn't called off the bench rather than Thommo. For me Ainge has has clearly downed tools and just doesn't want to be involved with a team that isn't challenging near the top. If this is indeed what TW thinks of his motivation, it is strange that he didn't have Burn on the bench instead, even though he hasn't proved his worth yet.

As to the game, I thought we began brightly enough but were clearly getting the signal from the ref's inconsistent decisions that we playing at something of a handicap. Having said that, York were clearly up for it and probably had the fresher team and this began to gradually show throughout the first half. Couldn't quite understand why our top scorer was on the bench from the start and only came on to replace Nelson, which was hardly a like for like replacement. More odd was the replacement of Kokolo with O'Hanlon. Don't have too much against the latter but Kokolo seemed to be doing OK, whereas there were greater needs of a rethink elsewhere in the team. Given that we were already down 2-0 and had lost our main threat up front I think a bit of creative thinking was required and despite the misgivings about Ainge (noted above) I think that we might as well have thrown him on and hoped that he might create some waves in their defence. As has been seen before Nelson's arrival, Saunders and Nicholson are lacking the physicality to have jolted York out of their serene progress towards the three points. The failure of the ref to award a penalty when it appeared to be the correct decision may also have put a dent in York's belief, but with the players we had on the pitch at that point, sadly, like others, I don't believe that it would have dug us out of the hole we were in.
Ainge has downed tools DONT talk utter shite the lad has been injured and out for weeks and you expected him to come on and be risked getting injured , I'm sure him been on the bench were just to warm up and slowly get up to speed..

bga

Post by bga » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:33 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Honestly, I think you're a bigger TW fan than you want to let on. You're the first to mitigate the negatives (see this thread), you demand people give him praise (see your posts last week which you admitted you went too far), and you rarely are critical in spite of the mediocrity we see game-after-game. You've been quite unpleasant to Quakerman2 on this thread as well, in your mitigation of TW's failings. You describe criticism of TW as "never-ending TW bashing", when it really isn't. There's nothing in this thread that isn't legitimate criticism.

I also don't know why you're so fixated on those two good results (and solitary good performance) over Christmas when the rest of the season has been poor. People aren't being critical of TW because of individual matches. It's the overall sense of ineptitude TW is demonstrating. It's the same mistakes and the same mediocrity game after game. And considering TW promised us the squad was "better quality" than last season, and we were told the squad was capable of a play-off push, that explains why people are complaining.

As for the straw-clutching about the referee, I don't think we suffer any more or less from bad decisions than any other club. We've also benefited on many occasions this season from sendings off and bad decisions. VodkaVic has it right in saying the penalty decision had no effect on the outcome. We were that poor, I think we'd have failed to win, even with a penalty or a red card.
theoriginalfatcat wrote:Some of the criticism is too strong. I mean take this.....

You're twisting the point Quakerman2 is making. Simply that it took a moment of magic from Nelson to beat a very poor side, with the general point being we expected more from the performance on Saturday. Particularly because it's against a side who , if TW's suggestion we can make the play-offs is to be believed, we should be putting in a more convincing display against, especially considering our dismantling of York three days earlier.

It's not a leap at all to say if we hadn't taken Nelson on loan, we'd be in a far bigger hole.
Spot on Gramps about the referring decisions that have gone in our favour over the course of the season. If you look at the Saunders penalty on Boxing Day from the camera behind the goal, you could argue he "dived" even though there appeared to be minimal contact. But that is the game these days ref was in a good "position" so I can see why he gave it. I like Saunders progress this season, for me the penalty was "borderline" a turning point in the game TW?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:40 pm

bga wrote:If you look at the Saunders penalty on Boxing Day from the camera behind the goal, you could argue he "dived" even though there appeared to be minimal contact.
Plenty who were close to the incident said it was a penalty and it doesn't matter how minimal the contact is, its still a foul.
When you say about decisions going in our favour, do you mean decisions the ref has got wrong or decisions the ref has got right? I'd wager its a lot less of the former and more the latter.
The York incident was 3 bad mistakes by the ref within a minute, firstly if it wasn't a penalty it should have been a straight red and then he missed the blatant hand ball from the resulting shot. Would it have changed the way the game panned out? Maybe not, but at least if he plays by the rules properly we have a chance of finding out.

bga

Post by bga » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:51 pm

loan_star wrote:
bga wrote:If you look at the Saunders penalty on Boxing Day from the camera behind the goal, you could argue he "dived" even though there appeared to be minimal contact.
Plenty who were close to the incident said it was a penalty and it doesn't matter how minimal the contact is, its still a foul.
When you say about decisions going in our favour, do you mean decisions the ref has got wrong or decisions the ref has got right? I'd wager its a lot less of the former and more the latter.
The York incident was 3 bad mistakes by the ref within a minute, firstly if it wasn't a penalty it should have been a straight red and then he missed the blatant hand ball from the resulting shot. Would it have changed the way the game panned out? Maybe not, but at least if he plays by the rules properly we have a chance of finding out.
Fair point loan_star, I have always felt good and bad decisions even out over the course of a season. I am trying to blank out the 5 games I have seen this season as we have only amassed 2 points out of 15...……….you know the rest!