York V Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

York V Darlington

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:08 am

Looking forward to this, if we can get something from this game that would be fantastic.

AndyPark

Re: York V Darlington

Post by AndyPark » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:06 am

Looking forward to it. Train out of Darlo at 10.07am, hoping to see a good following down there. Max of 1000 imo.

Haway Darlo!

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:21 am

Plus one driving down tomorrow, will take a point with around 750 from Darlington. Attendance around 2900.

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:25 am

With the ease of travelling, we’ll definitely take big numbers. Between 800-1200 is my guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:29 pm

York dropped 6 players from the 16 on Saturday compared to Boxing Day with 5 of the starting 11 changed. I imagine they will be fresher than we are, we looked tired on Saturday, which listening to Palmer's interview it doesn't surprise as he is used to playing at most once a week if not every other week.

Not sure how Wright can do it but we perhaps could do with a freshness in one or two positions, my biggest issue is where to make a change. I wouldn't change the defence, though O'Hanlon has done ok last two games but that means Kokolo stays on the bench, can't really swap the front three and that leaves Elliott and Palmer in the centre, well unless Wheatley is fit, can't see where we can make a change there either.

York actually have a reasonable home league record, Played 11, Won 5, Drawn 3 and Lost 3. I think it will be a much harder game than Boxing Day, would love a win but will take a point now.

Hopefully the defence can be reasonably solid again, it does seem Galbraith, Hughes and Smith are a decent three all giving something a bit different. Watched how much support and backing up Smith gave Trotman on Saturday which helped him massively as Trotman is good going forward but a little suspect defending.

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:54 pm

Will be a very tough game, there message board is in meltdown regarding wanting Collins, McGill and Penney out of the club and would imagine if we beat them it will turn pretty nasty with talk of protests.They will be up for it without a shadow of doubt and just hope our young team can handle this.Hopefully with a large following who are always brilliant in these games, this will help bring out the best in us and we can get a positive result.I would take a draw right now,but is asking a lot of these lads to get the 3 ,but can we take advantage of the negative toxic atmosphere surrounding them?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:16 pm

The York fans are permanently cheesed off. They have a massive chip on their shoulder about their present position. Add to this the fact that their present set of players just aren't very good - and being full time doesn't really negate this problem.

What worries me most is that our hotshot striker clearly has a cold - I hope we can drug him up sufficiently enough so that he can perform, because without his input we may have a problem.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

en passant

Post by en passant » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:39 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:The York fans are permanently cheesed off. They have a massive chip on their shoulder about their present position. Add to this the fact that their present set of players just aren't very good - and being full time doesn't really negate this problem.

What worries me most is that our hotshot striker clearly has a cold - I hope we can drug him up sufficiently enough so that he can perform, because without his input we may have a problem.
Have no fear. Ainge can take over. :shock:

quakersfan

Post by quakersfan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:52 pm

Back after Xmas in Dubai which was a first but I’d never do it again. Looking forward to going to York tomorrow with a few friends reckon we will take 8/900.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:59 pm

en passant wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:The York fans are permanently cheesed off. They have a massive chip on their shoulder about their present position. Add to this the fact that their present set of players just aren't very good - and being full time doesn't really negate this problem.

A bit like comparing chipped up Golf GTi to a Vauxhall Cavalier 1600L.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

bga

Post by bga » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:21 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:York dropped 6 players from the 16 on Saturday compared to Boxing Day with 5 of the starting 11 changed. I imagine they will be fresher than we are, we looked tired on Saturday, which listening to Palmer's interview it doesn't surprise as he is used to playing at most once a week if not every other week.

Not sure how Wright can do it but we perhaps could do with a freshness in one or two positions, my biggest issue is where to make a change. I wouldn't change the defence, though O'Hanlon has done ok last two games but that means Kokolo stays on the bench, can't really swap the front three and that leaves Elliott and Palmer in the centre, well unless Wheatley is fit, can't see where we can make a change there either.

York actually have a reasonable home league record, Played 11, Won 5, Drawn 3 and Lost 3. I think it will be a much harder game than Boxing Day, would love a win but will take a point now.

Hopefully the defence can be reasonably solid again, it does seem Galbraith, Hughes and Smith are a decent three all giving something a bit different. Watched how much support and backing up Smith gave Trotman on Saturday which helped him massively as Trotman is good going forward but a little suspect defending.
"Trotman is good going forward but a little suspect defending" I am a Trotman fan but he needs to learn from his mistakes if he is to improve. Their goal on Saturday, he was on the line for the set piece which is fine but when the ball was cleared out of the box he should have pushed up rather than stay there, in the end the scorer had a free header instead of Trotman challenging him. Am I being too harsh?

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:34 pm

bga wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:York dropped 6 players from the 16 on Saturday compared to Boxing Day with 5 of the starting 11 changed. I imagine they will be fresher than we are, we looked tired on Saturday, which listening to Palmer's interview it doesn't surprise as he is used to playing at most once a week if not every other week.

"Trotman is good going forward but a little suspect defending" I am a Trotman fan but he needs to learn from his mistakes if he is to improve. Their goal on Saturday, he was on the line for the set piece which is fine but when the ball was cleared out of the box he should have pushed up rather than stay there, in the end the scorer had a free header instead of Trotman challenging him. Am I being too harsh?
Not at all. He was caught man watching when he should have been ball watching and jumping to challenge their scorer. If he does that, chances are it’s not a goal.

I like Trots. He looks good on the ball and gets into some good attacking positions but his reading of the game and defensive positioning needs a lot of work. What do they do in training? AW???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:49 pm

Yep Trotman has a lot to learn in the defensive area, hopefully it will come as he becomes more experienced. He is the only ever present this season and has been fairly consistent, he does seem better attacking than defending though.

bga

Post by bga » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:53 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Yep Trotman has a lot to learn in the defensive area, hopefully it will come as he becomes more experienced. He is the only ever present this season and has been fairly consistent, he does seem better attacking than defending though.
I think that is what I am resigned to with him as a player, but as Quaker85 says where is the coaching AW that was a basic error on Saturday?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:14 pm

bga wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:Yep Trotman has a lot to learn in the defensive area, hopefully it will come as he becomes more experienced. He is the only ever present this season and has been fairly consistent, he does seem better attacking than defending though.
I think that is what I am resigned to with him as a player, but as Quaker85 says where is the coaching AW that was a basic error on Saturday?
I would imagine he is trying to work with him but the train sessions are twice a week for no doubt about 1hr & 1/2. A lot of that will be team based, maybe White isn't good at coaching or Trotman isn't good at taking it in.

Agree though I haven't seen much improvement from Trotman since his signing, he is still playing as he was, possibly hasn't helped that he has played with so many different players and changing formations.

Although seems unfair to single out Trotman as I haven't seen much improvement from many, Saunders probably and Nicholson does seem to be having more influence.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:26 pm

Really looking forward to the game. I'm also going down on the train at around 10am for a good few pre-match drinks. I'd be happy with a draw, as I reckoned that we'd have done really well to get 6 points out of the 9 over the festive period, so anything tomorrow will be a bonus. I reckon we'll take 700 to a 1000, it would have probably been about 400 before the last two games. Over the years I must have seen us play at York around 20 times and I've only seen us win twice, so we're well due a win at their place.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:36 pm

If that's the case Pete please stay ay at home and listen to it on the radio!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:35 pm

Given that Pete seems highly likely to be in the pub by 11am it's very likely he won't remember much about the game... win, lose or draw. See you in the York Tap for breakfast :D

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:50 am

quakerste wrote:If that's the case Pete please stay ay at home and listen to it on the radio!
I've been to 4 away games so far this season and not seen us lose yet, Spennymoor, Ashton Utd, FC United of Manchester and Bradford PA, so hardly a jinx.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:12 am

I was at two of those and didn't see you! Are you wearing a disguise? As for Ainge, didn't he score 35 in 53 for Harrogate or was that his namesake?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:29 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:I was at two of those and didn't see you! Are you wearing a disguise? As for Ainge, didn't he score 35 in 53 for Harrogate or was that his namesake?
Well I chatted to you at Ashton or is you're memory going? :lol:

Really pissed off that I've got to get a taxi into town to catch the train, an eye watering £18 each way!!!!!!!!!!!

50 years

Post by 50 years » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:57 am

See Sam Collins has told BBC York that he has told his players to ram it down our throats, (three times he said it), Hope TW and AW heard the interview and played it to our players so we go all out to prove it was not a flash in the pan.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06wwl5f

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:15 am

50 years wrote:See Sam Collins has told BBC York that he has told his players to ram it down our throats, (three times he said it), Hope TW and AW heard the interview and played it to our players so we go all out to prove it was not a flash in the pan.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06wwl5f
Not a lot of class from Collins with comments like that, no wonder the York fans think he is not the brightest button

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:28 am

Sorry Pete, we'd been drinking although nowhere near the volume of the real ale crew. And I was last night too! It's an age thing too. Aren't there any buses today?

Beano

York V Darlington

Post by Beano » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:02 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:I was at two of those and didn't see you! Are you wearing a disguise? As for Ainge, didn't he score 35 in 53 for Harrogate or was that his namesake?
I saw him for play for Harrogate a few times and he was excellent for them, but they played in a different style which suited him far more. He was an odd signing for us as he doesn’t fit our style of play - Harrogate had two wingers whipping balls in from the byline, whereas we’ve hoofed it up to him from deep.

dsr

Post by dsr » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:11 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:Aren't there any buses today?
No buses in York today. A nice one for a mile’s stroll from the station, for those fit enough. Taxi shares from the station for others? Cheaper than Pete’s £36 return.

Wiseacre
Team Supported: Darlington &Notts County

Post by Wiseacre » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:06 pm

York might dish out some rough stuff today, it's all they've got left really. Their club's in a bad way and it's sad to see but Wright's dealings in the loan market should give us real hope for the new year. Some of the post's on their site make our own seem mild. It could be a lively afternoon all round. Happy new year.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:14 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
en passant wrote:

A bit like comparing chipped up Golf GTi to a Vauxhall Cavalier 1600L.
:lol: and a diesel Cavalier with a blown turbo and bald tyres at that! Was TW previously manager at www. webuyanycrap.com?

PS After 30 mins Nuneaton are 1-0 up against Telford :o

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:16 pm

Team:
Maddison
Trotman
Kokolo
Smith
Hughes
Galbraith
Elliott
Wheatley
Saunders
Nelson
Palmer

Subs: Thompson, Wollerton, Ainge, O'Hanlon, Nicholson

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:36 pm

1 down pen,Madison brought down there forward.Not doing much up front as yet.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk