Resignation...

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

real_darlo_85
Team Supported: Darlington

Resignation...

Post by real_darlo_85 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:16 pm

....to the fact that myself and a few others have been right all along and TW is way out of his depth. Seems like a few more are of this opinion now after tonight's debacle. :wave:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

TinShedDarloFan

Re: Resignation...

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:22 pm

Nice guy, did well for us as a player but that tonight was the final straw for me, the only positive from that game us that we only conceded 2

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:29 pm

Last edited by LoidLucan on Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:31 pm

TinShedDarloFan wrote:Nice guy, did well for us as a player but that tonight was the final straw for me, the only positive from that game us that we only conceded 2
Cannot see any way forward after tonight, the whole atmosphere around the club is flat and badly needs a spark from somewhere.Everyone around me felt the same and the team seemed to be just going through the motions not really thinking we could win this game.No leaders on the pitch and they showed us just how far away we are from being a team that can challenge the top 7.Poor.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:36 pm

Time for him to do the right thing and walk. Completely clueless tactically this team is going to go down.

Where has all the money gone sold Turnbull, Gillies and Heaton, yes the budget was reduced boost the budget brought in £80k? People will say we've had to cut our cloth accordingly but Bradford Park Avenue are up there with crowds of 300 .

Poor player recruitment will be lucky to get 1k at the end of this season if Tw is still in charge.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:46 pm

It was never going to be an easy ride who ever took the reins after a budget cut the size our clubs was, the guy is operating with a hand tied to keep us within budget, a massively reduced budget. Come on lads use a little bit of nous. I don't think there is any one out there that could do anything differently.
Remember Tommy was third or fourth choice others turned it down, stick with it at least give him till the end of the season. Where is the money coming from to replace him, who ever came would want his own players another added funding juat someone explain where all this cash would come from.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:50 pm

It's also beginning to look to me like there is a breakdown in the relationship between some of the players and the dugout, whether it's trust, lack of faith or being uncomfortable with the way we set up and and play. You can see it in some of the exchanges during games. I don't think all is well behind the scenes.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:51 pm

Give him until the end of the season? Not a chance he has got to go now we will be playing in front of 800 if he stays much longer. He has blown the budget with poor recruitment.

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:53 pm

When the management team has lost the supporters and the players then it’s time to go. Sadly, I honestly thought tonight that the players had given up and at times were just going through the motions.

Really like TW and seems like a decent bloke but he has taken us a long way backwards in a relatively short space of time and if it carries on we are going to be in even deeper trouble.

There is little enjoyment in going to games and the whole club just feels flat and deflated. We need something to change.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:55 pm

onewayup wrote:It was never going to be an easy ride who ever took the reins after a budget cut the size our clubs was, the guy is operating with a hand tied to keep us within budget, a massively reduced budget. Come on lads use a little bit of nous. I don't think there is any one out there that could do anything differently.
Remember Tommy was third or fourth choice others turned it down, stick with it at least give him till the end of the season. Where is the money coming from to replace him, who ever came would want his own players another added funding juat someone explain where all this cash would come from.
Not a chance. His team. His tactics. His players. His responsibility.

Btw Who were the others who turned us down? I don't care if Tommy was 17th choice. He is in the seat. He owns what comes with it.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:02 pm

He had a clean slate over the summer, he got shot of the players he said weren't good enough and brought in players he said would help us progress and go for the play-offs. He said he was happy with his budget (which was bigger than a lot of sides in our league) and he allocated it to the areas he wanted to. But we now have a wafer-thin, unbalanced, lightweight squad out of both cups and set for a relegation scrap. The loss of Styche was forced on him but everything else about this disintegrating season falls in his lap.

Craig09

Post by Craig09 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:29 am

The players tommys brought in are good individuals but there not a team and the likes of elliott, Nico, in midfield they just aint strong enough. Ainge is the most least mobile striker ive ever seen....
The only decent part of our team is the back line then we have nothing. Its men against boys and how long can we keep going on like this for

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:32 am

On the BBC News i think i heard that if 48 formal letters from the Tin shed back row are received by the secretary of the 1883 committee, then the leader has to resign. :o

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:40 am

I recall Nuneaton fans saying we’d get to this point under TW....seems like they were right about the guy. Shame.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:01 am

It seems to me that the only argument still being made for keeping tw is that it will cost us money to get rid of him. So is there anybody left that actually thinks he is doing well for us?

I do sympathise, I really do, because it's the guy's job and I don't imagine it's well paid. I don't doubt he's working hard and really wants to turn it around, but it just isn't happening. The team is sluggish, unimaginative, still looks unfit, is unbalanced, short on options from the bench - and given we have signed several players this summer with recent football league experience, I still believe that is by choice, and that we're running a deliberately small squad.

It's time for change.

Quaker85

Post by Quaker85 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:22 am

tdk1 wrote:It seems to me that the only argument still being made for keeping tw is that it will cost us money to get rid of him. So is there anybody left that actually thinks he is doing well for us?

I do sympathise, I really do, because it's the guy's job and I don't imagine it's well paid. I don't doubt he's working hard and really wants to turn it around, but it just isn't happening. The team is sluggish, unimaginative, still looks unfit, is unbalanced, short on options from the bench - and given we have signed several players this summer with recent football league experience, I still believe that is by choice, and that we're running a deliberately small squad.

It's time for change.
I can’t disagree when any of that.

Last season when TW started to get it right (Leamington), the spine of the team was Pears, Heaton, Styche. Our current team doesn’t compare to those 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:08 am

tdk1 wrote:It seems to me that the only argument still being made for keeping tw is that it will cost us money to get rid of him. So is there anybody left that actually thinks he is doing well for us?

It's time for change.
Im sure the guy wont be badly paid, wont be cheap travelling from the midlands and paying for hotels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:10 am

When does TWs contract end, is it the end of the season?
Personally I would like to give Alan White a go, I have always been concerned the fact TW does not live here and that’s been reflected in his signings and I think that’s why there is a lack of spirit because there are not enough local lads in the team.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:26 am

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:When does TWs contract end, is it the end of the season?
Personally I would like to give Alan White a go, I have always been concerned the fact TW does not live here and that’s been reflected in his signings and I think that’s why there is a lack of spirit because there are not enough local lads in the team.
We can't afford the local lads that would be able to compete though, or that's what everyone was saying before.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:35 am

Why give Alan White a go surely he has a say in matters now and it`s not making any difference. We need someone who can come in and give the players some sort of tactics that they are comfortable with.
Thought there front line ran us ragged and could have won by 5 easily

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:56 am

I can't for the life of me understand how anyone could believe that one half of the partnership that has led us to this desperate place would be the ideal one to take us forward.

Alfie

Post by Alfie » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:03 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I can't for the life of me understand how anyone could believe that one half of the partnership that has led us to this desperate place would be the ideal one to take us forward.
I suppose a meek, mild mannered assistant might just go along with a domineering boss even though he knew things were wronng, and maybe even knew how to put them right........but that doesn't sound like White.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:06 pm

It depends how much notice TW takes of any advice he’s given. AW may tell him what he thinks we should do but TW could well ignore him.
And if we do sack TW who do we replace him with? Good managers are under contract and I doubt we can afford to pay compensation, even assuming they would come. Unemployed managers are usually that for a reason and apart from AW there is no one at the club to step up. The only other choice is someone from a lower league who is not on a contract but that would be a massive gamble.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:19 pm

I really don't think "who do we replace him with" is a valid reason to retain a manager who is failing, to the detriment of the whole club.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:23 pm

Any instructions (bellowing) at the players during the games tends to come from AW while TW tends to stand with his arms folded. What usually happens then is that individual players tend to bark back at AW and then move off looking frustrated as hell.
Last edited by LoidLucan on Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:30 pm

Send for Turnbull and Brown, player manages , they know the club, all the things that were lacking last night , passion, desire ,commitment . They would get my vote.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:33 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:Send for Turnbull and Brown, player manages , they know the club, all the things that were lacking last night , passion, desire ,commitment . They would get my vote.
I can't imagine the compensation pack we'd have to pay South Shields would be cheap.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:10 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:Send for Turnbull and Brown, player manages , they know the club, all the things that were lacking last night , passion, desire ,commitment . They would get my vote.
I can't imagine the compensation pack we'd have to pay South Shields would be cheap.
I said at the time Turnbull and Brown should have been given more time. I think we had just won our first game under their leadership when they were replaced.
Water under the bridge now, and we won't be paying to get them back. For better or worse we are stuck with TW, I rather fear worse.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:12 pm

Look around and there is not any obvious replacement. Wait a bit & Hignett could become suddenly available so IF we could forgive his stint with Pools.....
How long before MG comes creeping around? :oops:
A player manager could be one solution, but only if they have coaching qualifications and ideally some financial management experience. Perhaps we could find someone who wants to do it as an unpaid internship ;)
Given we are a fan-based club, those of us with shares or in the Supporters club could be given access to a Darlo Fantasy team and participate to democratically pick the team? :thumbup:

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:23 pm

I would be loathe to change anything midseason again. It causes a gigantic mess. Unless we were in serious danger of being relegated (which, in spite of the crap we're being served up right now, i don't think we are), I think we should give Tommy the whole season.

It's not good right now though. No doubt. We are wafer thin, but I think what bothers me even more, is that so many of our players do not look fit enough to be playing at this level. Indeed some of them have a belly bigger than mine. I realise we are not a full time outfit, but we can still enforce fitness requirements upon players we are paying to play, lets remember. They are not amateurs. If i see a fit team, giving it their all, I think we are all a little more forgiving when things don't go our way.

Tommy has some thinking to do, but we absolutely don't have the money to sack him, so lets be realistic.