Leamington v Darlington

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlo reborn
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Leamington v Darlington

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:25 pm

2-2 now

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:25 pm

Was elliott injured because otherwise it seems a strange one to take him off.
Last edited by LoidLucan on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:46 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Was elliott injured because otherwise it seems a strange one.
TW is a tactical genius, nobody knows what he is up to.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:50 pm

Finished 2-2 another point but must be disappointed after leading 2-0

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:01 pm

Second half was abysmal. Unless he was injured it was a crazy substitution as we were in total control. We were awful as soon as we switched things. Ainge and Thommo had good chances to win it but finishing was gash. Feels like a defeat and puts more pressure on us going to B(PA) on Wednesday night...on paper the hardest game of this sequence. Feels like a loss of momentum especially as the game was won at HT

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:07 pm

We don't have a god given right to win,
We do have to cutout the silly mistakes that allow another team to take advantage, why change things when the team are performing well, it totally changed the way we played and allowed ten men Leamington to take a point which should not have happened. Still a point is better than none so onto Bradford PA Tuesday. 7 points from 9 is a good result.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:12 pm

onewayup wrote:We don't have a god given right to win,
We do have to cutout the silly mistakes that allow another team to take advantage, why change things when the team are performing well, it totally changed the way we played and allowed ten men Leamington to take a point which should not have happened. Still a point is better than none so onto Bradford PA Tuesday. 7 points from 9 is a good result.
Utter drivel.

We were 2-0 up against a bang average side who had 10 men.

This is a crap result. End of.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:14 pm

Under normal circumstances yes but Leamington were there for the taking and Wednesday is a tough one. If we succumb there it’ll be one point from six. DG is right...there’s no positive spin for this one

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:17 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:Under normal circumstances yes but Leamington were there for the taking and Wednesday is a tough one. If we succumb there it’ll be one point from six. DG is right...there’s no positive spin for this one

Were you at the match?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:48 pm

Yes

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:19 pm

Okay - your opinion holds more weight if you were there.

I was tuned into the radio, it gives you a rough idea of happenings only ...
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:24 pm

https://darlingtonfc.co.uk/news/video-w ... s-to-blame

An honest interview as always from TW. We were excellent for an hour but blew it

JABWootton

Post by JABWootton » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:06 pm

After Leamington had a man sent off they changed at half-time to 3-4-2 and when Elliott was subbed we went to 4-4-2. Totally lost the ability to play in the second half. The handball was soft and changed the game, they smelt blood and although we had a few chances and a handball appeal their second was a scramble in the box and prodded home. They were there for the taking and we seemed to settle for 2-0. Penalty changed it and we couldn't get back to playing like the first half. If we play like we did in the first half for the rest of the season we will win more than we lose, if we play like we did in the second then I worry.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:29 pm

Sounds like the Elliott substitution was the turning point.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:41 pm

Certainly was.
What I wonder was Wright's half time team talk when we were two nil up against 10 men." Give a penalty away to make a game of it "
This game should have been dead and buried and we should be coming away with 3 points.
One positive for me today was Hughes who was commanding in the center of defense and whose distribution as always was excellent. If this guy could shed a few more pounds he could become a top top player in his new roll as center back.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:07 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Anyone else disappointed with the interview with Ray Simpson a couple of days ago - no questions on Styche, no questions about loan signings, no questions on the current finances.
Ray never asks any difficult questions never has and never will..
Too predictable. I dislike the content provided sometimes.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:20 pm

Darlopartisan wrote:Sounds like the Elliott substitution was the turning point.
Think he may have taken a knock. He was sat on the bench with the physio looking at his calf as soon as he went off. Hopefully just a precaution.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:29 pm

dfc4me wrote:
Think he may have taken a knock. He was sat on the bench with the physio looking at his calf as soon as he went off. Hopefully just a precaution.
You can't say that, it was Wright getting it tactically wrong :crazy:

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:36 am

Sounded like a crumby decision, but that may have been the Bourbon biscuits. :lol:
Felt like it was 2 points lost, rather than a good away point but I suppose it is a bit of redress after last year's result there when we nicked all 3

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:58 am

grimsbyquaker wrote:Under normal circumstances yes but Leamington were there for the taking and Wednesday is a tough one. If we succumb there it’ll be one point from six. DG is right...there’s no positive spin for this one
Or no points from three if you want to make it sound even worse.

Ghost_Of_1883

Post by Ghost_Of_1883 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:21 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
onewayup wrote:We don't have a god given right to win,
Utter drivel.

We were 2-0 up against a bang average side who had 10 men.

This is a crap result. End of.
This.

We just can't paper over yesterday's result, nor call it anything other than what it was.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:48 pm

Thing is despite being disappointing this season we are closer to playoffs than relegation zone. There are clearly some fundamentals in our performances which need ironing out but we are by no means cast adrift of where we want to be.

We have shown we can get results this season, as much as we have shown we can throw points away.

I do reckon come end of year we could easily be top 10 position which is not exactly world ending.

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:15 pm

lo36789 wrote:Thing is despite being disappointing this season we are closer to playoffs than relegation zone. There are clearly some fundamentals in our performances which need ironing out but we are by no means cast adrift of where we want to be.

We have shown we can get results this season, as much as we have shown we can throw points away.

I do reckon come end of year we could easily be top 10 position which is not exactly world ending.
Absolutely agree with this...a mature analysis of where we are and a welcome change from the hysteria over on The Tin Shed :shock:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:39 pm

We could. And we could also be back in the relegation mix.

Quakerz and a few others said at the start of the month that 10 points from 5 games was what we needed to get back in touch. We have 7 from 3 so are on track to do that.
lo36789 wrote:Thing is despite being disappointing this season we are closer to playoffs than relegation zone. There are clearly some fundamentals in our performances which need ironing out but we are by no means cast adrift of where we want to be.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:00 pm

Last few comments are about right, same as if we win on Tuesday night that doesn't make Wright a genius and a job for life, just the same as losing a two goal lead yesterday against 10 men isn't an instant out the door.

Think we all need to be a bit more pragmatic, obviously if Wright had lost the last 3 we would be really looking at a different way forward but we can't have a melt down every time something doesn't go well like yesterday.

From a board point of view the last thing they will want is to make a change in management currently, I think the target will be to achieve a mid-table finish and a flirtation with play-offs would be great, but to end with a small profit and no further debt will make most happy.

en passant

Post by en passant » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:23 pm

Not wishing to deflect everything from what has proved to be a deeply disappointing end result, but looking on the up side, after the departure of Styche, there does seem to be evidence that we still have a goal scoring threat in Harvey and Ainge.

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:27 pm

If you think that most fans will be happy at end of season as long as we end with a small profit and no further debt, then you definitely don’t talk to the fans that I know.!

Let’s me honest, with the amount of additional income that has come into club in last 12 months, then even a mention of any further debt should be a joke. Ie. Sold 7 really good players for a lot money for our level in last 12 months, apart from £130k from fans and celebration money.

I would still like someone from the club to actually give us some reasoning why we are again suffering financial issues in view of above. It’s like we sell our star striker for financial reasons then no one even mentions it, not TW or anyone from club. How on earth can Ray Simpson do interviews with the management team a few days after and not even mention the word “Styche” .

Surely us fans who raised all this money deserve better communication.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:28 pm

Like a few others, I believe the current team and the manager are not good enough.

It's over them to prove us wrong.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:28 pm

Like a few others, I believe the current team and the manager are not good enough.

It's over them to prove us wrong.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:43 pm

Quakerlad wrote:If you think that most fans will be happy at end of season as long as we end with a small profit and no further debt, then you definitely don’t talk to the fans that I know.!

Let’s me honest, with the amount of additional income that has come into club in last 12 months, then even a mention of any further debt should be a joke. Ie. Sold 7 really good players for a lot money for our level in last 12 months, apart from £130k from fans and celebration money.

I would still like someone from the club to actually give us some reasoning why we are again suffering financial issues in view of above. It’s like we sell our star striker for financial reasons then no one even mentions it, not TW or anyone from club. How on earth can Ray Simpson do interviews with the management team a few days after and not even mention the word “Styche” .

Surely us fans who raised all this money deserve better communication.

You obviously have no idea how much aged debt the club had. Are you saying that the club should just run up another debt to keep a vociferous minority happy by spending money on players that we can't afford?