Saturday 15th

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

don'tbuythesun
Team Supported: Darlington

Saturday 15th

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:25 am

Just thought I'd mention, especially for mcfc and his real ale crew, Southport appear to have cashless turnstiles. You can either buy in advance and print or show on your phone or go to club shop to purchase prior to the game.
https://southportfc.net/admission-prices/

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Re: Saturday 15th

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:06 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Just thought I'd mention, especially for mcfc and his real ale crew, Southport appear to have cashless turnstiles. You can either buy in advance and print or show on your phone or go to club shop to purchase prior to the game.
Cheers DBTS.....passed onto the relevant parties ;)

Darlo Dodger

Post by Darlo Dodger » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:28 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:Just thought I'd mention, especially for mcfc and his real ale crew, Southport appear to have cashless turnstiles. You can either buy in advance and print or show on your phone or go to club shop to purchase prior to the game.
Cheers DBTS.....passed onto the relevant parties ;)
Thanks for the information but I think I’ll just go to the club shop rather than buy online
Setting up an account with Southport to get a ticket is more trouble than its worth.

Pity they just don’t sell them on eBay

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:37 pm

Same here but I had visions of them getting out of the taxi at 3.05 then having to queue in the club shop!

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:50 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:Same here but I had visions of them getting out of the taxi at 3.05 then having to queue in the club shop!
Cheers but I dont think weve ever got to the ground that early!

Having to miss this one as I am away for a week ( let wife book before fixtures came out,schoolboy error) but trust you will be there, nice short trip for you.Love Southport,gutted missing it. :cry:

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:05 pm

Cheers, enjoy your break, hope you're missing a win! Hoping to bring some stragglers with us.

Darlo Dodger

Post by Darlo Dodger » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:41 am

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:Same here but I had visions of them getting out of the taxi at 3.05 then having to queue in the club shop!

Having to miss this one as I am away for a week ( let wife book before fixtures came out,schoolboy error) but trust you will be there, nice short trip for you.Love Southport,gutted missing it. :cry:
Enjoy the break.

I thought Stockport to Southport must be a breeze by rail.

I set off on the 10.33 and thought a stroll around Southport or get there and find a pub to watch Spurs v Liverpool might be an idea but...

I don’t get to Southport until 13.10 if all goes well.

It’s quicker to go to either Darlington or London from where I live.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:38 pm

Darlo Dodger wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:

Enjoy the break.

I thought Stockport to Southport must be a breeze by rail.

I set off on the 10.33 and thought a stroll around Southport or get there and find a pub to watch Spurs v Liverpool might be an idea but...

I don’t get to Southport until 13.10 if all goes well.

It’s quicker to go to either Darlington or London from where I live.
Northern Derail ;)

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:26 pm

Dodger, bit late now but direct Stockport to Lime Street then walk to Central, Southport in 40 minutes, five minute walk to the Sporting Jester, watch first half, walk to ground pint at the ground, watch second half...sorted? Maybe Southport away in the cup?!!

Darlo Dodger

Post by Darlo Dodger » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:31 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Dodger, bit late now but direct Stockport to Lime Street then walk to Central, Southport in 40 minutes, five minute walk to the Sporting Jester, watch first half, walk to ground pint at the ground, watch second half...sorted? Maybe Southport away in the cup?!!
I tried this on the way home but it didn’t help too much but thanks for the suggestion.
Got the 17.27 or thereabouts from Southport. That got me to Liverpool Central by about 18.15
Walk to Lime St easy enough but next train to Stockport was 18.52 so arrived at Stockport at 19.50.

I guess I’m unnecessarily moaning about the journey but as much as anything I was just shocked to find the trip taking as long as a trip to Darlo (or indeed London)!

I didn’t try The Sporting Jester, maybe next time (must be a good way from the ground though)

Cheers DBTS.