Legends game

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

don'tbuythesun
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Ledgends game

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:27 pm

Good job you're not on ticket sales!

HarrytheQuaker

Re: Legends game

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:30 pm

Can see this been called off looking at the weather

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Just had a quick mention on look north

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:41 pm

With the latest 4 announced there must be about 30 of the buggers now :o

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:55 pm

Emdubya wrote:With the latest 4 announced there must be about 30 of the buggers now :o
How big are the changing rooms at BM?? Have we hired a portakabin for the big uns..

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:20 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Emdubya wrote:With the latest 4 announced there must be about 30 of the buggers now :o
How big are the changing rooms at BM?? Have we hired a portakabin for the big uns..
And they'll be plenty of those. :lol:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:15 am

Rain hasn't been as bad as forecast up to now. Light rain throughout today shouldn't be a problem. But they are now forecasting heavy rain from 9am through to 2pm, which may well be a problem and will certainly affect the attendance.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:04 am

I'm coming up on the choo choo so bloody hope it's on if not then fingers crossed they cancel my train and I get refunded

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:30 am

Today's the day, the rain will ease by lunchtime, get yourselfs down to Blackwell for a 2pm kick off.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:50 am

onewayup wrote:Today's the day, the rain will ease by lunchtime, get yourselfs down to Blackwell for a 2pm kick off.
Nice to see a positive attitude regarding today's game.
Some of us get a little fed up of the gloomy weather predictions, not just this game either.
There are some on here who usually start predicting the bad weather on a Tuesday prior to league games and are often wrong..
They know who they are..

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:16 am

I did some of this, but when you are an exile who doesn't get to many games, and missed 5 games in a row due to bad weather, then it is going to make you slightly uneasy about the weather. To be fair, from Feb to April, every week the weather without fail would tip it down Friday into Saturday and it did hammer our attendances.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:24 am

My opinion wrote:
onewayup wrote:Today's the day, the rain will ease by lunchtime, get yourselfs down to Blackwell for a 2pm kick off.
Some of us get a little fed up of the gloomy weather predictions, not just this game either.
There are some on here who usually start predicting the bad weather on a Tuesday prior to league games and are often wrong..
They know who they are..
So we are to ignore all weather forecasts then?

divas

Post by divas » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:26 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
My opinion wrote:
They know who they are..
So we are to ignore all weather forecasts then?

Well it’s not going to change anything is it?

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:19 am

No, but it does affect whether you travel as an exile, depending on how far away you live.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:36 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:No, but it does affect whether you travel as an exile, depending on how far away you live.
Exactly, if I didn't live in this area, I'd be pleased if people gave me a heads up on possible weather related problems.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:44 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:No, but it does affect whether you travel as an exile, depending on how far away you live.
Exactly, if I didn't live in this area, I'd be pleased if people gave me a heads up on possible weather related problems.
If you are that concerned and have the capacity to check a Darlo_Pete authored thread on darlo uncovered you have the capacity to google the weather forecast.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:54 am

It's england, the world doesn't stop turning because of the weather, if you want to help make it a good day turn up and help make it so. You can make it better by being there at Blackwell meadow 2pm kick off, rain subsiding through early afternoon according to the forecast.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:19 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
But that is the problem.
Your "heads up" on a "possible" problem especially earler on in the week are very often wrong.

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:24 am

onewayup wrote:It's england, the world doesn't stop turning because of the weather, if you want to help make it a good day turn up and help make it so. You can make it better by being there at Blackwell meadow 2pm kick off, rain subsiding through early afternoon according to the forecast.
Exactly, get down and support the club with all the effort our brilliant volunteers have put in, money into the coffers, looking forward to a great afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:26 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Yeah cos if I was bothered about weather I'd go on here rather than a weather site

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:44 am

quakerman wrote:
onewayup wrote:It's england, the world doesn't stop turning because of the weather, if you want to help make it a good day turn up and help make it so. You can make it better by being there at Blackwell meadow 2pm kick off, rain subsiding through early afternoon according to the forecast.
Exactly, get down and support the club with all the effort our brilliant volunteers have put in, money into the coffers, looking forward to a great afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Me and the little'un are back for this this afternoon. We also went to the RA yesterday. Making up for the Easter postponements.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:48 pm

Halftime 4-0 darlo lovely fine afternoon. Gooday so far.

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Really enjoyed that, it was an excellent afternoon some great football and some very good goals, if you could not make it you missed something special.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:21 pm

poppyfield wrote:Really enjoyed that, it was an excellent afternoon some great football and some very good goals, if you could not make it you missed something special.
What was the attendance like?

Some real left field names in the 'legends' team by the looks of it - Ruel Fox for example!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:31 pm

As a guess on attendance about 1100, look out for Thompsons and Henshalls goals ,brilliant.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:59 pm

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:17 pm

poppyfield wrote:As a guess on attendance about 1100, look out for Thompsons and Henshalls goals ,brilliant.
Henshall's goal was brilliant :clap: We got a really good view of it - he teed it up quickly and hit it right on the 'sweet spot'. If this had been done in a proper match we would be rightly raving on about for years!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:49 pm

It was great to see Amar again, who looked as if he could step back in to the side with ease, and the way he made one of the goals was great to see. You could tell that he enjoyed being back with us again.
Even the weather was kind; the torrential rain eased off and it got quite bright at one point. A really enjoyable afternoon and some good coverage on the telly tonight.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:13 pm

Feethams 1966 wrote:It was great to see Amar again, who looked as if he could step back in to the side with ease, and the way he made one of the goals was great to see. You could tell that he enjoyed being back with us again.
Even the weather was kind; the torrential rain eased off and it got quite bright at one point. A really enjoyable afternoon and some good coverage on the telly tonight.
Any chance of a link for us exiles? :roll:

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:35 pm

Goals are here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO898bYrDn4

Working on the full highlights here. However we've got five cameras worth of footage to shift through so might take me a little longer than normal.