Coming soon - Boost the budget

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coming soon - Boost the budget

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:00 pm

50 years wrote:I doubled my monthly contribution this year over what I have running from last year (last years still running until end of June for me). Once last years runs out, may well consider increasing mine. Excellent start to this. When you consider that if we could get 1000 of our fans now just to commit to £1 per week we would well on our way to getting £100k for Tommy.

Looking forward to next year :)
Imagine if we could just get 1,000 at the next home game to pledge £1 per month. A pittance for anyone who can afford to attend football regularly but you'd straight away have 35% of the remaining amount raised.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:14 pm

Just wondered if there’s any mileage to adding a “donation” button to the recent Boston ticket offer whereby a payment could be made to the same value instead of a ticket being bought.
It would give some fans an opportunity for further support (if they can’t bring a friend or even if they can’t attend themselves) and avoid the dreaded VAT as well. Could be used for all future ticket offers if successful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:27 pm

£40k mark hit!

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:35 pm

e4sby wrote:£40k mark hit!

Fu@#£ng amazing,
If Carlsberg made football supporters————.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:58 pm

We truly are an amazing bunch of fuckers.

No matter how much we fight/argue and hate on each other from time to time; we've again shown that when we come together - We can achieve so much :clap: :clap:

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:20 pm

Awesome :clap:

And still plenty of time to pledge, no matter how big or small it all adds up very quickly :thumbup:

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:21 pm

£40,732 from 171 contributors.

We should easily surpass last years total which I believe was £42,332.

A total of 210 contributors at current rate will ensure we hit £50k.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:31 pm

50k looks doable considering the pace of pledges so far

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:07 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:£40,732 from 171 contributors.

We should easily surpass last years total which I believe was £42,332.

A total of 210 contributors at current rate will ensure we hit £50k.
Ideally if the contributors from last season maintained their pledges and if another 200/300 pledged £5/£10 monthly then half the regular home support would also be supporting the ethos of crowd funding

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:30 am

Can't see Raj chipping in 10k this year!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:04 am

I think his 10k went into the ground fund.

He offered 40k to the BTB which never materialised.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

divas

Post by divas » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:46 am

Spyman wrote:
50 years wrote:I doubled my monthly contribution this year over what I have running from last year (last years still running until end of June for me). Once last years runs out, may well consider increasing mine. Excellent start to this. When you consider that if we could get 1000 of our fans now just to commit to £1 per week we would well on our way to getting £100k for Tommy.

Looking forward to next year :)
Imagine if we could just get 1,000 at the next home game to pledge £1 per month. A pittance for anyone who can afford to attend football regularly but you'd straight away have 35% of the remaining amount raised.
That’s the challenge that frustrates me daily

divas

Post by divas » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:49 am

QuakerPete wrote:Just wondered if there’s any mileage to adding a “donation” button to the recent Boston ticket offer whereby a payment could be made to the same value instead of a ticket being bought.
It would give some fans an opportunity for further support (if they can’t bring a friend or even if they can’t attend themselves) and avoid the dreaded VAT as well. Could be used for all future ticket offers if successful

If someone would like to donate a one-off £8 to the boost the budget they can do that through the existing offer - you don’t have to pay in installments, it’s just the easiest way for many but some are choosing a one-off amount.

The Boston offer whilst obviously looking to increase revenue is mainly to attract new and lapsed fans who will return for future games so more than just a fundraising exercise so ideally people will bring someone along and increase the attendance.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:04 am

It is an interesting problem trying to get those who haven't contributed to contribute even token amounts. As mentioned, even 10 or 20 quid over the course of a year would very quickly add up if there was decent uptake. Maybe once the larger donations start to dry up, the social media can start plugging the benefits of smaller contributions? Maybe the BtB can get some plugging at the next home game?

I understand - some just want to pay their entrance fee and go and watch a game of football. And that's perfectly fine. But I reckon if you asked everyone who enters the ground on Saturday "would you put £30 (probably the cost of a big away game which we haven't really had this season because we haven't been involved at the top end of the table) into a pot to dramatically increase our chances of promotion next season?" there'd be a very decent uptake

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:13 am

Hopefully quite a few people who don't like signing up online will do so at the next home game, and would have expected to do so on Easter Saturday. This Saturday would be good, although once again forecast is very heavy rain Saturday.

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:32 pm

divas wrote:
QuakerPete wrote:Just wondered if there’s any mileage to adding a “donation” button to the recent Boston ticket offer whereby a payment could be made to the same value instead of a ticket being bought.

If someone would like to donate a one-off £8 to the boost the budget they can do that through the existing offer - you don’t have to pay in installments, it’s just the easiest way for many but some are choosing a one-off amount.

The Boston offer whilst obviously looking to increase revenue is mainly to attract new and lapsed fans who will return for future games so more than just a fundraising exercise so ideally people will bring someone along and increase the attendance.
Totally understand what you’re saying about building fan base, but having already committed to BtB thought it would be a simple way to further support the club. For example, could give exiles an opportunity to put £8 (or multiples) into the club if they can’t attend a particular game but don’t want that income to be lost and avoids VAT as a donation rather than a ticket purchase.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:26 am

We're now at £41,792 from 180 investors.

:thumbup:

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:31 am

QuakerPete wrote:
divas wrote:

Totally understand what you’re saying about building fan base, but having already committed to BtB thought it would be a simple way to further support the club. For example, could give exiles an opportunity to put £8 (or multiples) into the club if they can’t attend a particular game but don’t want that income to be lost and avoids VAT as a donation rather than a ticket purchase.

Is there anything stopping you from donating on the BtB page a 2nd time? And doing it as one of payment, if you can then you wouldn't need an extra button on the ticket page.

That said a link on it linking to the BtB page might be a good idea anyway.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:08 pm

shawry wrote:
QuakerPete wrote:
divas wrote:

Is there anything stopping you from donating on the BtB page a 2nd time? And doing it as one of payment, if you can then you wouldn't need an extra button on the ticket page.

As I said in my previous reply to Divas, I *could* do a further BtB donation if I wished but that is a specific scheme for funding the squad. The “donation” button linked to ticket offers for Boston and in the future could be a method for exiles and others (for example) who can’t attend or bring a friend. This would provide additional funds for the club in general without the VAT being deducted.
It’s really just another way of making donations easier to make for fans - only a suggestion which might encourage further support

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:22 pm

QuakerPete wrote:
shawry wrote:
QuakerPete wrote:
divas wrote:

As I said in my previous reply to Divas, I *could* do a further BtB donation if I wished but that is a specific scheme for funding the squad. The “donation” button linked to ticket offers for Boston and in the future could be a method for exiles and others (for example) who can’t attend or bring a friend. This would provide additional funds for the club in general without the VAT being deducted.
It’s really just another way of making donations easier to make for fans - only a suggestion which might encourage further support

Ah I misunderstood I thought you were meaning BtB rather than normal donations.

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:25 am

They need to know amounts pledged at end of April to set the budget. For anyone who does Internet banking bill payments are useful for one off payments (ie when kids were at uni) The banking details for BTB and ground improvement fund are on DFCSG website and for those who want to make payments direct to DFC it will be the same account details as season tickets as there is the facility to make a donation when applying.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:04 pm

Over £44k now :thumbup:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:16 pm

Truly amazing and with three weeks still to run, we could yet get close to the 80k.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:41 am

Think 80k is going to be a bit of a stretch, since it seems to be slowing slightly down somewhat. Somewhere the right side of 50k would be my guess for the final figure, which would be great going

Closing in on 200 contributors :thumbup: Wonder who's going to get the 200th?!

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:48 am

al_quaker wrote:Think 80k is going to be a bit of a stretch, since it seems to be slowing slightly down somewhat. Somewhere the right side of 50k would be my guess for the final figure, which would be great going

Always the way fundraising goes (see also: Kickstarter) - spikes at the beginning and end and it goes a bit quiet in the middle. I would hope / expect a bit of an upturn at the end of the month.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:42 am

mikkyx wrote:
al_quaker wrote:Think 80k is going to be a bit of a stretch, since it seems to be slowing slightly down somewhat. Somewhere the right side of 50k would be my guess for the final figure, which would be great going

Always the way fundraising goes (see also: Kickstarter) - spikes at the beginning and end and it goes a bit quiet in the middle. I would hope / expect a bit of an upturn at the end of the month.
Hope so!

200 investors up :thumbup:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:16 am

Well, we're up to £45,626 now from 204 investors.

Unsurprisingly, the rate of new pledges has slowed down quite a bit now, it's averaging a few hundred quid a day at the moment.

As long as it doesn't dry up completely and keeps trickling in, then we should be somewhere between 50-55k going into the last week, which in itself would still be a fantastic achievement.

Then I'd expect another increase in donations in the last week as it usually does in fundraising initiatives.

I think we'll fall short of 80k and I hope I'm wrong about that, but I'm going to predict a good solid 65k finishing total.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:52 pm

Out of interest, anyone know if many people signed up at the Boston game the old fashioned way on Saturday. If so, they'll still need to be processed and added.

lifetime darlo fan

Post by lifetime darlo fan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:30 pm

Staggers me the generosity of our fans. I have very little disposable income so hardly get to the matches never mind be in a position to donate. Well done each and every one of the donors

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:36 pm

If we can get to £55k and win the Marathon Bet Challenge for £20k + the friendly match against some ex-prem players, great PR opportunity and if you can get 1500 down at an average of just £5 each (total £7.5k), that would cover us for £82.5k. An amazing sum of money and giving Tommy the budget he asked for, hopefully to have a go at the playoffs next season.