Coming soon - Boost the budget

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Coming soon - Boost the budget

Post by Spyman » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:16 pm

spen666 wrote:
more importantly, if there was a 7 figure sum put in by one person, then where has it gone? Its not gone on the team or the ground
Brad Groves wrote: “Not only have we invested in the team and the stadium, we have made major improvements to our training facilities and provided our supporters with a dedicated clubhouse in The Moors Tavern"
Spen is clearly trying to be funny.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:30 pm

spen666 wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
spen666 wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:And this from the man who won't accept someone put a seven figure sum into his club.

A 7 figure sum?

Apart from in your imagination, what evidence is there of any person putting a seven figure suminto the club?

more importantly, if there was a 7 figure sum put in by one person, then where has it gone? Its not gone on the team or the ground
Fuck me, just fuck me spen.

It was pointed out to you a few weeks ago on this very forum with several people pointing you to the link and digging at you over it!

You were even active on the threads where this happened and did not acknowledge it.

Groves said himself in the statement where he was asking for other investors that he had put in a 7 figure sum into Spennymoor!

Clearly the money has been put in over time. Spenny always had a big budget for players going back to the Northern League, they could pay as much as us and that's when your gates were 200! Although you obviously think the wage budget fairies must have taken care of it? I'm sure there have been several ground improvements in the last few seasons, clubhouse etc. Fairies again?

You truly are taking the piss if you claim to know nothing.

I have no idea of where the figure of £1m put into Spennymoor by any one person has come from.

If its in an announcement by Brad Groves, then provide a link.
I have highlighted the paragraph in question Spen
Spennymoor Town has today announced it is actively looking to welcome new investors onto the Board of the Club.
Spennymoor is now competing at the highest level in its history following three promotions in five seasons and has grand plans to continue to progress.

After a promising start to life in the Vanarama National League North, the Board is realistically considering the possibility of further promotions, having completed its previous 10 year plan to reach this level two years ahead of schedule.

Club Chief Executive Bradley Groves has guided Spennymoor to the sixth tier of English football since taking over in July 2009 and has funded this development with a seven-figure personal investment.

He said: “We are now in the process of developing our next long-term plan.  To keep progressing the way we are will require further investment from outside the Club.
“We secured another 50 year lease on The Brewery Field at the start of the season and have since set about significant improvements to the ground’s appearance with new car parking; a new toilet block and refurbishments to the old block; a branding project; the imminent opening of a new club shop; a new supporters’ marquee and food offer; a new deal with award-winning events company Ramside Estates to run catering and hospitality; pitch and main stand improvements; the imminent completion of the new Fan Zone; and more.

“We are now competing on a weekly basis with fully professional and former Football League Clubs, so we’ve made the necessary improvements both on and off the pitch for our first season at this level.
“We have further plans to embark on major structural changes to the ground to bring it up to National League and then Football League standard over coming months and years, which will obviously require further investment again.”

The Spennymoor Board have agreed that it is important for the Club’s future that its dependency on Mr Groves is reduced as much as possible.

Spennymoor Town has a history of not just competing at every level, but excelling.  The Club has won 11 trophies in the last eight years and has signalled its intent to emulate these standards in every competition.

Mr Groves said: “Not only have we invested in the team and the stadium, we have made major improvements to our training facilities and provided our supporters with a dedicated clubhouse in The Moors Tavern.
“For a town with a population just over 20,000, we have achieved some remarkable things and embedded Spennymoor Town FC in the heart of the community.
“We have a brilliant base to build from here and have received excellent feedback from visiting clubs this season, many of whom haven’t played Spennymoor before.  We’re involved in arguably the most exciting and competitive league outside of the Football League and we’re enjoying every moment of it.
“With the determination to progress further, it’s a great time to come on board and I hope to be able to welcome some more people into the fold in the coming weeks and months to share the enjoyment I’ve gained from this football club over the last eight years.”

Enquiries and questions are to be sent via the contact form on the Club’s website (https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/contact/) or directly to Mr Groves himself.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:44 pm

Well, there you have it Spen, in black and white. I posted the link weeks ago but apparently you ignored it. You appear to wish to see only what supports your views. He has put a seven figure sum into the club so if you're unhappy take it up with him. You really are full of yourself.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:27 pm

Can we move on from Spen and his denial of Groves statement on the Spenny Town website.

We are up to £7,180 from 35 people at £205 per person.

Not a bad start with 38 days to go. Was it 180 people last time put something in, hopefully we can get to that level again but at current rates that would hit £36,926.

We will get the team we can fund.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:01 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Well, there you have it Spen, in black and white. I posted the link weeks ago but apparently you ignored it. You appear to wish to see only what supports your views. He has put a seven figure sum into the club so if you're unhappy take it up with him. You really are full of yourself.
About time the two faced tosser got banned from here.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:26 pm

Happily Les but he just keeps popping up like a bad apple and never accepts he's wrong. He's so annoying and hard to ignore but I will try.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:04 am

Back on topic - £8570 now pledged from 41 investors.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:11 am

10% raised in a matter of days - great work everyone.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:21 am

I've just received my email about BtB - interesting (probably not new info but I'd forgotten) that we're £60k down on gate receipts because of 500 club money being used for infrastructure. Considering we're wanting 80k extra to make the budget competitive for a promotion push, it shows that once we get past the 500 club era (2 more seasons for most?) at the very least we can be very competitive in this division without needing BtB - I got a bit disheartened when I saw that without BtB we'd have a relegation standard budget for next season, but it had slipped my mind about the 500 club.

Over 9k now :thumbup:

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:34 am

Nearly £10k now - amazing effort

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:37 am

Currently £9,950 from 46 people, average £216 per person.

I have 4 more years on my 500 club now so it will be a gradual before we get back the full 60k.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:50 am

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Currently £9,950 from 46 people, average £216 per person.

I have 4 more years on my 500 club now so it will be a gradual before we get back the full 60k.
Ah OK - cheers

Pretty much doubled since yesterday afternoon. :clap:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:53 am

QuakerPete wrote:Nearly £10k now - amazing effort
All the fundraising over the years from Darlo fans deserves some sort of recognition and exposure on a national scale.Phenomenal effort.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:30 am

£10,765 from 49 investors.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:13 pm

£12,089 from 57 investors :thumbup: :clap:

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:57 pm

Quakerz wrote:£12,089 from 57 investors Image :clap:
A bit stingy those last 8 investors, only a commitment of £165.50 each. The first 49 were more generous!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

DC

johninskopje

Post by johninskopje » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:24 pm

Just put mine in, it's £14349 from 62 of us now!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:46 pm

Darlo fans once again showing that we really are the best around :clap: :clap: :clap:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:56 pm

Tonight DJ and Tommy said how this important this would be going forward. When pressed by a questioner DJ said he'd like to see 100k raised.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:08 am

Also DJ said no more funds to be used on BM improvements, but priority will be given to Boost the Budget in future. The figures used on 2017/18 budget estimated gates of 1800 but this proved over-optimistic with actual average being about 1550, hence a shortfall in revenue which BtB will plug. Really, we need to boost numbers coming through the gates - so try to bring a friend, getting the kids involved & improvements to matchday experience. People who bring in the most to BtB will be rewarded. :thumbup:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:53 am

Extra 100 coming through the gates, is worth £20k over the course of the season.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:17 am

£17,617 from 74 investors now ... if 180 people put in we could/should reach around £35-40K, we should be alright!
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:56 am

If we manage to win the goal celebration cash and that was thrown into the pot it would send the total soaring.

e4sby

Post by e4sby » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:11 am

Over £18k now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lifetime darlo fan

Post by lifetime darlo fan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:12 am

Does the club generate an income from youtube out of interest? I've no idea how that type of thing works

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:33 am

lifetime darlo fan wrote:Does the club generate an income from youtube out of interest? I've no idea how that type of thing works
If they do it’ll be peanuts

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:00 pm

lifetime darlo fan wrote:Does the club generate an income from youtube out of interest? I've no idea how that type of thing works

When creating a video, there is a left menu which needs Channel selecting Status & features. Under 'Monetization', select Enable. This connects to an AdSense account in order to get paid per view (providing someone takes at least 30 seconds view your efforts). This is enough for Google to gather data from cookies etc so they get to know what kind of things people are interested in. Follow on-screen steps to accept YouTube Partner Program terms (which gives rights to share data and process it - hence firms like Amazon can then make 'suggestions' about what you may like to buy from them. They also place related product ads near your clip and sell these to interested parties. This is how YouTube / Google etc recoup their costs in providing you with space on the Internet. You may only get fractions of a cent per view so really need to drive lots of Internet traffic towards your site, for example links on Facebook

lifetime darlo fan

Post by lifetime darlo fan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:25 pm

Very interesting to know. Thanks for clarifying

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:55 pm

AndyPark wrote:
al_quaker wrote:Also as an aside great to see we're planning on introducing goal gifs :clap:
Can you actually see this happening? The club can barely update us with the game as it is....

When we do get a score update, it's 5 mins after the goal. I follow the DFCSG account for match updates if I ain't there, not the official account.
The SG account is not exactly covering itself in glory today, Andy. Two tweets: one to announce kick off and one to announce h/t! The official site barely better with three tweets: k/o, a chance on 13 mins, h/t.

Where would we exiles be without DFR!

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:36 pm

LoidLucan wrote:If we manage to win the goal celebration cash and that was thrown into the pot it would send the total soaring.
The idea of crowd funding is for it to be raised by the many and that would distort figures. Hopefully twice as many will be able to contribute and the £20k would be a nice bonus