Covered seating reminder

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

divas
Team Supported: Darlington

Covered seating reminder

Post by divas » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:57 am

With the weather looking a tad inclement today anyone wanting to sit under cover in the seats can do so for a £2 upgrade to their existing ticket. This goes for anyone needing to purchase a match ticket or who already holds a match ticket or season ticket.

You can either purchase the upgrade online (recommended) at: https://www.tickettailor.com/checkout/v ... 5/chk/a761

Or simply enter the cash turnstile with your season ticket and pay the £2. Don’t forget seats are free for under 11’s accompanied by an adult but you must still obtain an upgrade ticket from the turnstile

shawry

Re: Covered seating reminder

Post by shawry » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:55 am

I bought an early bird and was told I can use my seat now without additional cost.

Any idea how I go about that?

Edit: at work not able to call the club, I'll try and sort at ground just thought you might know :)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

divas

Post by divas » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:05 am

Here’s the club directive:

Some customers might explain that they have:
• Upgraded their 500Club ticket for a seat; or
• Upgraded their Season Ticket for a seat; or
• Paid a ‘Reservation Fee’ for a seat;
but have not yet received their ticket.

Please direct customer across to the stand entrance nearest the ‘away’ end.
The Stand Steward there will have the customer’s ticket.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:11 am

If anyone else wants to take advantage of a free seat for the rest of this season (5 games remaining) when buying a seated season ticket for next season the bet buying:

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/buy ... icket-now/

Darlo-and-Back

Post by Darlo-and-Back » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:13 am

Looks like on Twitter that Fans Radio is encouraging folks to listen rather than attend. Need to figure this out with the club for home games.

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:33 am

divas wrote:Here’s the club directive:

Some customers might explain that they have:
• Upgraded their 500Club ticket for a seat; or
• Upgraded their Season Ticket for a seat; or
• Paid a ‘Reservation Fee’ for a seat;
but have not yet received their ticket.

Please direct customer across to the stand entrance nearest the ‘away’ end.
The Stand Steward there will have the customer’s ticket.
Cheers fella appreciate your help :)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:43 pm

Mr_Pickle wrote:2 pund to sit down? Greedy sods
Can we just ban this guy already he's just annoying at this point

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:24 pm

Haven't all clubs charged more for seats if they have standing too? Very strange comment. I remember when we played Crewe and it battered down everyone came into the stand after paying extra. Wish the was a choice that night at Wigan!!

RonJeremy
Team Supported: Darlington, Man Utd.

Post by RonJeremy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:59 pm

So that’s £16 to sit down? Rather steep for this level, not that it effects me with my boycott of anything the rugby club could benefit from (I give money to the club in other ways before someone brings that up).

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:45 pm

Good to see a good few in the new stand today.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:18 pm

RonJeremy wrote:So that’s £16 to sit down? Rather steep for this level, not that it effects me with my boycott of anything the rugby club could benefit from (I give money to the club in other ways before someone brings that up).
Why would the rugby club benefit from the gate money?

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:54 pm

Darlo-and-Back wrote:Looks like on Twitter that Fans Radio is encouraging folks to listen rather than attend. Need to figure this out with the club for home games.
I’m a bit lost with this one, what did you see that gave you that impression?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:51 am

JamesDarlo wrote:
Agreed.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Two pound to sit down, Stand if you wish two pound extra for a seat I would say value for money,under cover as well. Darlington on the up.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:43 pm

Mr_Pickle wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
JamesDarlo wrote:
Agreed.
Anything for a bite of Andy Park haha
Not sure I would want to bite Andy but each to their own I guess.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:53 pm

Darlo-and-Back wrote:Looks like on Twitter that Fans Radio is encouraging folks to listen rather than attend. Need to figure this out with the club for home games.
Looking back through our recent tweet history on DFR I don't see anything along these lines - can you expand on what's given you this impression?
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:53 am

I was disappointed that the linked fencing behind the open end wasn't removed, so that you could use the banking behind that goal.

dfclincolnshire

Post by dfclincolnshire » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:17 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:I was disappointed that the linked fencing behind the open end wasn't removed, so that you could use the banking behind that goal.
Do you not think the grasses area was a risk ? Somebody at the club has to take responsibility for spectator safety. It was wet and probably slippery, but then again your brain doesn’t think any further than a keyboard ! The word tit comes to mind !

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:10 am

dfclincolnshire wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I was disappointed that the linked fencing behind the open end wasn't removed, so that you could use the banking behind that goal.
Do you not think the grasses area was a risk ? Somebody at the club has to take responsibility for spectator safety. It was wet and probably slippery, but then again your brain doesn’t think any further than a keyboard ! The word tit comes to mind !
Nope the grass bank has been used before the construction of the new stand during wet spells without issue. The weather was dry until well into the second half, so I don't think it was a spectator issue. If it had been then why was the grass bank at HP used the whole time we were there regardless of how wet it was? So think a little bit before you post.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:52 am

According to Cat B regulations 'grass banking within the ground must not be accessible for spectators to view the match'. I'd much rather the club keeps the bank fenced off than risk breaking ground regulations

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:06 am

al_quaker wrote:According to Cat B regulations 'grass banking within the ground must not be accessible for spectators to view the match'. I'd much rather the club keeps the bank fenced off than risk breaking ground regulations
That's fair enough. But why did the club allow access previously, perhaps they weren't aware of the regulation!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:16 am

Pretty sure we have always been aware of this. I have since Heritage Park when we were repeatedly told the grass bank was out of bounds and occasionally was fenced off for higher profile games where we may be under the microscope.

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:19 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
dfclincolnshire wrote:
[/quote

Nope the grass bank has been used before the construction of the new stand during wet spells without issue. The weather was dry until well into the second half, so I don't think it was a spectator issue. If it had been then why was the grass bank at HP used the whole time we were there regardless of how wet it was? So think a little bit before you post.[/quote

You are right, people did use the grass bank before..But they shouldn't have.
Anyone could see that the bank was very wet(and clearly a risk) caused by the overnight rain, this would have been a danger to anyone who was stupid enough to want to get onto it.
As for your Heritage Park comment.. I seem to remember frequent announcements requesting fans not to use the grassy banked area.
If I was you Pete I would think a LOT before posting some of the crap you put on this board.

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:03 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
al_quaker wrote:According to Cat B regulations 'grass banking within the ground must not be accessible for spectators to view the match'. I'd much rather the club keeps the bank fenced off than risk breaking ground regulations
That's fair enough. But why did the club allow access previously, perhaps they weren't aware of the regulation!
During the construction of the new stand the turf would of been removed to allow construction traffic access, you can see clearly the replaced turf has not had time to bed in yet, so it’s sensible to keep people off it for a while .

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:15 am

DFR is mainly for exiles, or those who cant attend. I am sure the vast majority of listeners would rather attend
than be listening from afar. Some reasonable voluntary contributions from listeners and highlights viewers would bring in some useful cash to the club. Maybe a 20 quid per season figure could be a basis. Some can decide to pay more and some less.

RonJeremy
Team Supported: Darlington, Man Utd.

Post by RonJeremy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:32 pm

al_quaker wrote:
RonJeremy wrote:So that’s £16 to sit down? Rather steep for this level, not that it effects me with my boycott of anything the rugby club could benefit from (I give money to the club in other ways before someone brings that up).
The Rugby club benefit financially by the football club being there, unless the football club are there rent free!? They also get their ground upgraded for free!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:40 pm

RonJeremy wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
The Rugby club benefit financially by the football club being there, unless the football club are there rent free!? They also get their ground upgraded for free!
To be fair there might be parts of the deal that are not to DFC's liking but the Rugby Club will and rightly benefit from the Football Club being there. They have spent money on the club house part as well as the car park which was a loan from the council I believe.

They also play some 1st team games on the 2nd pitch out the back when we have a fixture clash, like Saturday.

Whilst not a total fan of the deal we managed to get, it's isn't just one way the Rugby Club have given up some things also, they just get quite a lot in return.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:29 am

RonJeremy wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
So you think you can support the club whilst also boycotting all our home games?

As for DRFC benefiting by us improving their ground? That's laughable! They are a fairly rubbish NE rugby club. They dont need any of the improvements weve made. I believe they are bottom half of Durham Northumberland Div 2, I think there's only 1 division worse than that (DN3)!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
dfclincolnshire wrote:
Nope the grass bank has been used before the construction of the new stand during wet spells without issue. The weather was dry until well into the second half, so I don't think it was a spectator issue. If it had been then why was the grass bank at HP used the whole time we were there regardless of how wet it was? So think a little bit before you post.
I were up that end 2nd half I wasn't just wet there were massive puddles and very very boggy, know one would of liked to stand up there especially getting there nice white trainers dirty...