Monkey hangers

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Pete
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Monkey hangers

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:15 pm

I'd be surprised if they stay full-time next season, when the parachute payments for being relegated out of the football league stop?

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Theres also a guy from Sweden interested, The owner of Ostersunds

Revealed! The identity of one of Hartlepool United’s potential overseas investors

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:27 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I'd be surprised if they stay full-time next season, when the parachute payments for being relegated out of the football league stop?
They still get 250k next season or thereabouts. Rough figures of 3000 ST holders paying on average £220 give you 660k (remove 110k which is VAT) leaves you 550k.

Pay on the day of say 400 paying average £15 per game gives them 138k (remove VAT leaves 115k)

So with those numbers they have 915k to start with before any thoughts of sponsorship, retail etc. They should be able to get to say 1.4m revenue to spend, but how this breaks down in terms of squad, management, staff costs and all other expenses.

Basically they are a lot of unknowns but if the new owner isn't getting a debt free club and has little money to spend they will still likely struggle like we did.

The year after they are 250k down if they haven't achieved promotion and possibly lose 100k funding for the youth team as well. Sadly relegation from the league can be a spiral downwards.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:06 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
m62exile wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:Local business man looking to sort a deal out next week and save Pools. Good news for them if it comes off.

They still have a lot of challenges ahead with revenue reducing again next season due to FL money but we have our own challenges also.
A philanthropic Hartlepool businessman who is prepared to lose money to save the club seems to be the only chance Pools had, maybe they've found one.

You've got to be looking at a half million pound haircut just to get to the summer I'd have thought, fair play to them if they're willing and able to do that. Whilst you wouldn't wish admin on anyone they kind of need a similar process of stripping the club down to a size where they can operate in the non league if the're going to avoid this same cycle coming around again.
Yep, less players, less staff, need the right manager or as results continue being poor attendances will slowly deteriorate reducing revenue and the cycle continues. They are on a negative free fall and have been for at least 6 years, it's hard to get out of it.

However they currently have a decent fan base and would hope to be in top half of budgets again next season if they don't go down this year.
Agreed - whoever it is that is interested is only plugging a gap until they can reduce expenditure by cutting staff on and off the pitch. I have no idea what their off-pitch set-up is like in terms of staff. I'm sure I read somewhere they have a squad of something like 30+ full-time players though.

So it depends how quickly they can restructure and how deep this businessman's pockets are. There certainly doesn't seem to be a pocket of land there for development or any other obvious way of making profit from a club in their situation, so whoever it is is presumably either after a tax write-off like IOR, or they have made their money and see the club as a hobby.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

PJPoolie
Team Supported: Pools

Post by PJPoolie » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:28 pm

The plans for the regeneration of the Millhouse side of the ground (housing and a new stand at the Rink End including retail units, and hotel have been in place for years but the council/club hasn't attracted anyone with deep enough pockets to make it viable, this bloke has deep pockets (worth up to £100 million) he's a Hartlepool lad and best mates with Steve Gibson what's not to love?

I didn't really think as good an outcome was possible to be honest.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:45 pm

PJPoolie wrote:The plans for the regeneration of the Millhouse side of the ground (housing and a new stand at the Rink End including retail units, and hotel have been in place for years but the council/club hasn't attracted anyone with deep enough pockets to make it viable, this bloke has deep pockets (worth up to £100 million) he's a Hartlepool lad and best mates with Steve Gibson what's not to love?

Where's he been up to now?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

PJPoolie

Post by PJPoolie » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:53 pm

I don't know, but I suppose his home town club hasn't been on the verge of Administration for about 25 years and he's not obligated to own a Football Club.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:59 pm

PJPoolie wrote:I don't know, but I suppose his home town club hasn't been on the verge of Administration for about 25 years and he's not obligated to own a Football Club.
No, but you've been on a downward spiral and bouncing from problem to problem for 5 or 6 years now - why has it taken your lowest ebb for this local lad to come along?

Genuine question - I just don't understand why this altruistic mate of another local football magnate has taken this long to realise he can save his local club.

Has he only made his money recently, for example? What's the story?

DC

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:00 pm

Spyman wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:The plans for the regeneration of the Millhouse side of the ground (housing and a new stand at the Rink End including retail units, and hotel have been in place for years but the council/club hasn't attracted anyone with deep enough pockets to make it viable, this bloke has deep pockets (worth up to £100 million) he's a Hartlepool lad and best mates with Steve Gibson what's not to love?

Chris Musgrave Hartlepool business man involved and behind Wynyard Park. Likely to do some deal with the council on land as well.

Looks a good fit maybe but sadly only time tells on these things and never a guarantee. Although I think I would be pretty happy if I was in Poolie shoes.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/business/b ... ng-7933701

PJPoolie

Post by PJPoolie » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:07 pm

I know very little about him being honest I didn't know a locally based Hartlepool born person with such wealth existed, he owns Wynyard Park. We're as jammy as fuck being honest I didn't think this sort of thing was on the cards or possible.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:28 pm

Spyman wrote:

Chris Musgrave Hartlepool business man involved and behind Wynyard Park. Likely to do some deal with the council on land as well.

Looks a good fit maybe but sadly only time tells on these things and never a guarantee. Although I think I would be pretty happy if I was in Poolie shoes.

Does sound a good fit. Let's hope all's well that ends well and he can develop income to support the club - something that Houghton and Singh supposedly wanted to do but ultimately failed to achieve.

If plans are in place and the council are on side then he has a huge head start. Presumably he's been waiting a few years for the club to be on its arse so he can get the best possible price.

DC

PJPoolie

Post by PJPoolie » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:40 am

Spyman wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Does sound a good fit. Let's hope all's well that ends well and he can develop income to support the club - something that Houghton and Singh supposedly wanted to do but ultimately failed to achieve.

If plans are in place and the council are on side then he has a huge head start. Presumably he's been waiting a few years for the club to be on its arse so he can get the best possible price.

Well that's not true either, the club was handed over (to utter cowboys) for free by Hodcroft two and half years ago, and he could have got hold of the club for less 12 months ago.

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:16 pm

Pam Duxbury opens up on the mess at Victoria Park

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:35 pm

According to reports, Hartlepool fans attacked Boro fans after the game whilst Boro fans were making their way to the coaches home.

PJPoolie

Post by PJPoolie » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:26 am

AndyPark wrote:According to reports, Hartlepool fans attacked Boro fans after the game whilst Boro fans were making their way to the coaches home.
Reports from who Andy, the Monkey's playing tennis in your head?

You clearly not matured in the last few years have you, absolutely baseless shite. Criac like that is as bad as some of our players.

https://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb ... id=5523610

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:27 pm

Only posting what I seen on Twitter and Facebook.

Have a word with yourself and concentrate on your own s***. Tit.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:09 am

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:03 am

Watched the Vanarama highlights on BT Tv yesterday evening and they showed plenty of Boro fans at the games and it all looked like peace and harmony. There was no mention of any trouble.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:53 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Watched the Vanarama highlights on BT Tv yesterday evening and they showed plenty of Boro fans at the games and it all looked like peace and harmony. There was no mention of any trouble.
They aren't going to highlight it on BT TBH are theyImage

Magical Quakers

Post by Magical Quakers » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:48 pm

Seems they're back to being f*cked again:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... ub_is_off/

THE future of Hartlepool United has been plunged into serious doubt after a deal to save the club collapsed.

Hartlepool-born businessman Chris Musgrave was ready to step in and save his home-town club, but, after seeing the state of the club’s finances, has pulled out.

Pools are in a financial mess and are up for sale. Musgrave was the only hope of saving the club and it now seems administration and even liquidation are possible.

Pools go to Chester tonight in the National League on the back of one win in 13 games.

A statement from Musgrave read: “Some weeks ago, I was approached by Christopher Akers-Belcher, the Leader of Hartlepool Council, to consider the prospect of buying Hartlepool United Football Club, so that it could be saved from financial ruin.

It was clear to me that the Leader of the Council and his officials, intended to do everything possible to secure the long term future of the club, due to its social and economic importance to the town.

“On that basis, I agreed to entertain the possibility of purchasing the enterprise, providing the financial challenges were such, that I could accurately estimate the financial sum I would be required to inject into the club.

“I know very little about the game of football and I am not a football enthusiast, but I do understand the importance of the club to the town, as it has been an integral part of the community for over 100 years.

“It would be a sad day for Hartlepool, if such a vital asset was lost. No one wants to see that happen and I have been impressed with the spirit of the supporters and wider public in their efforts to save the club.

“I have had the good fortune to have been successful in business, for over 35 years and I do have substantial experience in making loss making businesses - profitable.

“Over the past two weeks, I have held meetings with officials of the Football Club, the Council and other parties, which has allowed me to interrogate the historical decision making of Executives of the club, with regard to the financial position in particular.

“I have concluded, that the financial challenges facing the club are serious indeed, but I have not been able to identify the exact amount of cash I would be required to make available to save the club. It has therefore been impossible for me to prepare a financial rescue package or a plan to deal with the long term, which is disappointing.

“No one has ever made money out of this club. That was never my intention and I was prepared to provide finance to the value of over £1.5m, but I am not prepared to sign blank cheques, with no end in sight.

“As it stands, I do not intend to provide any funds to the Football Club, for reasons within this statement, but I do hope the club will saved.’’

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Wonder if that last paragraph is a way of saying he might still donate to their Supporters Trust?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henley

Post by Henley » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:27 pm

Chris Musgrave wrote:I know very little about the game of football and I am not a football enthusiast
Sounds like the perfect owner for the 'Angers.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:08 pm

As suspected. Successful businessmen are rarely fond of chucking money into a black hole.

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:17 pm

Time to dial R for Raj.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:18 pm

Sounds bad for poolie, as there appears to be no white knight riding over the hill to save them. Wonder how close they are to raising that 200k by the deadline later this week?

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:24 pm

Wonder if that money from the Just Giving page has already had to be handed over

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:28 pm

Very sad.

It was obvious that at some point in time another club from the lower leagues would fall into trouble, and it seems to Hartlepool. The costly last minute goal by Newport has surely hit them hard. They look to be going down the same road we were on, and reading the statement above it looks like their last chance has been and gone.

Musgrave was prepared to lose quite a bit of money but he can't ascertain the details he needs , so what chance has anyone else?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:29 pm

QuakerPete wrote:Wonder if that money from the Just Giving page has already had to be handed over
If things are looking as bad as they appear, they'd be better hanging onto the cash, otherwise it might just go into a black hole.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:03 pm

If it goes into the hands of an administrator, Musgrave should be able to get his hands on all the financial info he needs.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:19 pm

Sounds bad on Look North tonight, as Musgrave couldn't even establish the level of debts, you can't blame him for walking away.