Monkey hangers

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Monkey hangers

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:07 pm

LoidLucan wrote:They trust Stelling and it looks like RS may be in with him as the only option on the table. Therefore they seem willing to overlook the fact that RS wrecked one North-east football club, pulled the rug, stood by and watched it fall. His sensitivity to any kind of criticism and leanings towards dummy spitting and vindictiveness would also come back to haunt them.

I agree 100%. Football clubs are just expendable businesses to the likes of Singh, and unlike other clubs being taken over (taken in?) by other prospective owners, Singh's track record is there for all to see.

The only surprise is that he wishes to put himself through all the hassle yet again, I really don't understand it - unless he craves the intrigue and excitement.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:23 pm

Poolie are attempting to raise 200k, but that is just to cover wages and some pressing immediate debts as far as I understand. Surely they'd be better advised to keep the 200k if they raise it and seeing what happens, rather than pouring it into the bottomless pit of debts? If they kept it then they might be able to get some representation with any new owner that comes forward.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:21 pm

The best part of it is seeing PJPoolie grasping at straws about how good of a businessman Raj Singh is and how he wouldn't fuck them over.

I'll be watching with interest. Deluded fucker.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:38 pm

AndyPark wrote:The best part of it is seeing PJPoolie grasping at straws about how good of a businessman Raj Singh is and how he wouldn't fuck them over.

I'll be watching with interest. Deluded fucker.
Agreed - doing everything can to justify his desperate belief that Singh is the saviour.

Apparently we all though Singh was a decent bloke. We did - until he showed his true colours.

Let's not forget "I don't want a penny back" - before declaring his financial contribution as a loan so that he could block the CVA.

If they want to believe Singh is anything but a spiteful, greedy snake then let them - but good businessmen rarely put money into things they won't get a return on. If Singh is as good a businessman as PJ Poolie says he is (which I'm not doubting), he'll only be doing this for one thing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:48 pm

They should watch this and Raj's comments.

He says, "if caring is putting 10k/15k/20k a week in then he doesn't care if he is honest"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJQPmDt2PiM

In fairness to Singh I don't blame him for not wanting to put that money in every week although he decided to run the club at that budget, he then made sure the club couldn't continue running as it was by not agreeing the CVA.

Well if that's the kind of owner they want, good luck to them. In fact they way they are going they so look like us over those terrible years going from one dodgy owner to another until we were all completely warn down with it all.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:50 pm

Be interested in the council's continuing stance over ownership of Victoria Park if this comes to pass - not to mention how raj handles that.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:30 am

AndyPark wrote:For anyone wanting a giggle at these idiots..

http://www.pooliebunker.co.uk/newbunker ... =2&t=62705
Where's this idea that we were 50/50 over getting him back involved come from? The monumentally deluded PJ Poolie seems to be peddling this myth. Don't think there's any evidence for it whatsoever.

From what I saw, heard and read, the overwhelming majority would have been against Raj being back involved - I certainly think he'd have lost any vote on his involvement had it gone to the fans.

There were a few on here who wanted to hear him out, which is where the discussion came from. But that was nothing like 50% of the fanbase.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

PJPoolie
Team Supported: Pools

Post by PJPoolie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:49 am

Darlogramps wrote:

Where's this idea that we were 50/50 over getting him back involved come from? The monumentally deluded PJ Poolie seems to be peddling this myth. Don't think there's any evidence for it whatsoever.

From what I saw, heard and read, the overwhelming majority would have been against Raj being back involved - I certainly think he'd have lost any vote on his involvement had it gone to the fans.

There were a few on here who wanted to hear him out, which is where the discussion came from. But that was nothing like 50% of the fanbase.
First time here about five years I had an inkling you'd be talking about this. Sussex will explode with excitement.

Can you not read Gramps? It's fairly easy to read a thread and attribute comments to the correct person. Tree With Hamster said that about your fans being your fans being 50/50 I haven't commented on it as I don't know enough about the situation to. All I have said is that I have an open mind, as I don't know any details. I did hear the rumour last week that he was one of the people Jeff Stelling was speaking to, it's not with the idea of him buying the club alone. We are looking for an investor who will be willing to form a consortium with The Trust which Jeff is the president of, he is also willing to put some of his own money into the club. With the this in mind I'm willing to trust (no pun intended) the people involved here and believe that they are working towards a sustainable business model going forward which is absolutely in the best interests of the club.

My comments about him being nothing like Coxall and Goldberg are true. They didn't put any money into the club it, it was debt free when they were given it. They were asset strippers pure and simple who wanted to take as much as they could for as long as they could get away with it for. Sage got lured in and have ended up picking up the pieces and I feel the situation has been worsened by some shocking decisions on and off the field, and some dubious at best financial management the Dave Jones disaster being one which we are apparently still paying for in various ways. You could compare Raj to Backledge who owns Sage, who wants his money back at least in part, as he came in to a failing unstainable business failed to turn it around and as a result has ended up putting in a fair amount of his own cash in just to fund week to week running costs. Not the biggest villian in the piece if we go pop by any means but plenty of questionable stuff has gone on and you wonder what his inentions were in the first place, but I think it was only ever to try and protect his investent after he'd realised he'd borrowed a chancer in Coxall a lot of cash.

Finally it's lovely see old posters like Andy Park and Darlo Pete still around. Andy is right, we are idiots. We wouldn't be in this mess if a fan had launched several suicidal and over ambitious charity walks that they couldn't complete then finally pretended to walk all of the way to Lincoln. Somebody needs to do some sort of fake walk to raise cash. I mean all of this fund raising is all well and good but not a single one of them has even ended up in hospital, where's the commitment?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:14 am

PJPoolie wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

First time here about five years I had an inkling you'd be talking about this. Sussex will explode with excitement.

Can you not read Gramps? It's fairly easy to read a thread and attribute comments to the correct person. Tree With Hamster said that about your fans being your fans being 50/50 I haven't commented on it as I don't know enough about the situation to. All I have said is that I have an open mind, as I don't know any details. I did hear the rumour last week that he was one of the people Jeff Stelling was speaking to, it's not with the idea of him buying the club alone. We are looking for an investor who will be willing to form a consortium with The Trust which Jeff is the president of, he is also willing to put some of his own money into the club. With the this in mind I'm willing to trust (no pun intended) the people involved here and believe that they are working towards a sustainable business model going forward which is absolutely in the best interests of the club.

My comments about him being nothing like Coxall and Goldberg are true. They didn't put any money into the club it, it was debt free when they were given it. They were asset strippers pure and simple who wanted to take as much as they could for as long as they could get away with it for. Sage got lured in and have ended up picking up the pieces and I feel the situation has been worsened by some shocking decisions on and off the field, and some dubious at best financial management the Dave Jones disaster being one which we are apparently still paying for in various ways. You could compare Raj to Backledge who owns Sage, who wants his money back at least in part, as he came in to a failing unstainable business failed to turn it around and as a result has ended up putting in a fair amount of his own cash in just to fund week to week running costs. Not the biggest villian in the piece if we go pop by any means but plenty of questionable stuff has gone on and you wonder what his inentions were in the first place, but I think it was only ever to try and protect his investent after he'd realised he'd borrowed a chancer in Coxall a lot of cash.

Finally it's lovely see old posters like Andy Park and Darlo Pete still around. Andy is right, we are idiots. We wouldn't be in this mess if a fan had launched several suicidal and over ambitious charity walks that they couldn't complete then finally pretended to walk all of the way to Lincoln. Somebody needs to do some sort of fake walk to raise cash. I mean all of this fund raising is all well and good but not a single one of them has even ended up in hospital, where's the commitment?
Hey less of the old, I'm still the right side of 60. :D

Good to see you posting back on here. Hope you don't get RS and manage to survive.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:34 am

PJPoolie wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Fair cop - that's what I get for reading threads at 1:30 in the morning.

However you are still monumentally deluded. You've decided you want his investment (whether you want to admit that or not) and are rewriting facts to suit that view. That's confirmation bias.

"He was spoken of quite highly until the end,"

That's like saying after a 2-1 defeat "Ignoring the two stoppage time goals against, we won that game 1-0." You can't delete key events to suit your own confirmation bias.

When Singh lost ownership of the Arena and following his subsequent behaviour, that's when his true motives began to be questioned. No one speaks highly about Singh now. Not after he went back on his word about expecting any return. Not after he made himself a major creditor when he said he wouldn't. Not after he made it impossible to agree a CVA. Not after the full level of his reckless ownership was laid bare.

Just see what some of the key players in the 2012 administration (players, fans, the rescue group) have to say about his behaviour.

"In no way was he the serious villain in Darlington's situation. The damage had been done."

The 2012 administration was all on him. He set the budget. He overspent. Yes the stadium was a drain, but he chose to spend recklessly. He chose to behave in that manner. Then he chose to go back on his word, nearly killing the club.

"(Trying to get back involved shows) he clearly doesn't feel as if he has anything to be ashamed of from his time at Darlington."

Oh well that's fine then. I'd say it demonstrates his greed, shamelessness and grotesque lack of self awareness.
It's odd you say he needs to be heard, but ignore the warnings of people with experience of him. Again, confirmation bias.

As loan_star and Gums have said on the Bunker, Singh will want something as part of this, if he is indeed investing. He's not the philanthropist type, regardless of whether he comes in with Stelling and the Trust or not. Don't delude yourself otherwise. But you seem to think you're an expert in his motives already.

PJPoolie

Post by PJPoolie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 am

I haven't said once I want his investment, just that I don't know much about him and have an open mind. You are doing exactly what you are accusing me of :lol: I don't even know the strength of this rumour to be honest and he's not the only person Jeff has had talks with, if Singh was even one of the people he has. It also appears the first person he spoke to on Monday is a no go.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:30 am

PJPoolie wrote: First time here about five years I had an inkling you'd be talking about this.
Sussex07 @Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:37 pm wrote:Wtf!! even PJ Poolie has logged in today.. .anything to say PJ???
An inkling because you log-in to check up on this forum on a regular basis?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

PJPoolie

Post by PJPoolie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:43 am

I haven't really checked this forum on a regular basis for years, I logged in the other day as I half expected to read something about the rumour I'd just heard concerning Raj Singh. What I meant is that it's probably the first time I've posted in 5 years or more.

Why that matters is beyond me.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:59 am

One thing everyone has forgot to mention is the debacle when Singh arbitrarily decided that he was only going to pay some players part of their wages and some not at all, after the defeat to Hinckley.

A man of massive kneejerk reactions and dummy spitting. Also a man that would rather see us bankrupt and get nothing back, than see us survive and get nothing back. We were 1 minute from liquidation.

We did save the club in the end and he did get a small amount back from transfer clauses, but because we couldn't agree a CVA with Raj then the FA treated us as a new club and that's how we ended up in the Northern League.

Poolies need to stay a million miles clear.

Having said that.. :lol: :clap: :thumbup:

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:03 am

PJPoolie wrote:I haven't said once I want his investment, just that I don't know much about him and have an open mind.
But you do know plenty. His history is there for all to see. It's not exactly a secret.

If a potential investor had run one club into administration within a couple of years, I'd run a mile from them. The fact you're willing to even entertain the idea of him getting involved tells us everything we need to know about your interest in his rumoured investment.

Considering you're keeping an open mind, you're remarkably keen to find excuses for him. ("The damage had been done etc")

And before you make the point about it being with Stelling and the Trust, the issue of Raj's self interest has already been raised.

But anyway, it is only a rumour for now.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:10 am

PJPoolie wrote:
Why that matters is beyond me.
You're the one that brought it up :lol:

DC

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:12 am

Darlogramps wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:I haven't said once I want his investment, just that I don't know much about him and have an open mind.
But you do know plenty. His history is there for all to see. It's not exactly a secret.
It's like Adolf Hitler running for the Swiss Presidency after the War (had he not topped himself) and the Swiss public saying he deserved a chance because they didn't know much about him.

DC

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:57 am

PJPoolie wrote:Finally it's lovely see old posters like Andy Park and Darlo Pete still around. Andy is right, we are idiots. We wouldn't be in this mess if a fan had launched several suicidal and over ambitious charity walks that they couldn't complete then finally pretended to walk all of the way to Lincoln. Somebody needs to do some sort of fake walk to raise cash. I mean all of this fund raising is all well and good but not a single one of them has even ended up in hospital, where's the commitment?
You little cutie you :D

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:58 am

The Fuhrer analogy should see the dummy flying out of the Singh pram. The Bunker link is quite apt too :lol:

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:08 pm

The only reason I can think of for RS showing interest is if he wants a housing development and saving the club will put him firmly in the council good books when it comes to planning permission. What happens after he gets his planning permission is another matter. He is using the club to progress other interests, just like he did with us.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:58 pm

Do we know if these Singh rumours have any truth to them?

Anyway, perhaps Singh really enjoys all things about being involved in owning/running a football club and is prepared to put a bit in, because he's got a bit. However if the sums going in get too much and there is no plan B, it wouldn't bother him at all just to pull out - like he did at Darlo.

I sometimes wonder with these hard nosed types, are they as quick to jettison their wives if they get a little troublesome or put on weight? I'm obviously not referring to R.S here, but other hard nosed business types.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:06 pm

AndyPark wrote:
PJPoolie wrote:Finally it's lovely see old posters like Andy Park and Darlo Pete still around. Andy is right, we are idiots. We wouldn't be in this mess if a fan had launched several suicidal and over ambitious charity walks that they couldn't complete then finally pretended to walk all of the way to Lincoln. Somebody needs to do some sort of fake walk to raise cash. I mean all of this fund raising is all well and good but not a single one of them has even ended up in hospital, where's the commitment?
You little cutie you :D

Andy put in a lot of effort and raised money with his walks - lest we forget. :thumbup:
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:09 pm

Coincidentally today (18th Jan) is the day we 'died' for about a minute or so til Shaun & Doug came armed with the famous suitcase of money.
Think before posting

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:14 pm

BUSHEAD wrote:Coincidentally today (18th Jan) is the day we 'died' for about a minute or so til Shaun & Doug came armed with the famous suitcase of money.
6 years ago :shock:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:36 pm

I see they've raised 57k out of the 200k with a week to go. If they don't raise a load tomorrow then I can't see them reaching their target.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:45 pm

Spyman wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:The only reason Singh would go to poolie, is in the wild belief that such a move would piss the Darlo fans off. Fill your boots, you're welcome to him.
Nonsense.

The only reason he'd get involved is if he thinks he can line his pockets. Nothing to do with us.

He'll put money in, and if it all goes wrong he'll call it a loan and make himself the major creditor. Exactly as he did to us.
I can see why the poolies are clinging onto any hope - however illogical and impossible - that Singh is the man to save them. All football fans are the same. we did the same with Pedan, Reynolds, Haughton and Singh. Fans blinker themselves to raw facts - e.g. ignoring how 4th division clubs can pay for a star striker who should be playing two leagues higher.

RS has a dreadful track record regards owning football clubs. He and his consortium may be the only option on the table. and it's hard to turn that kind of offer down - as the alternative is a monumental amount of hard work over years by the fans.

PJPoolie

Post by PJPoolie » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:56 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I see they've raised 57k out of the 200k with a week to go. If they don't raise a load tomorrow then I can't see them reaching their target.
We sold Connor Simpson to Preston for £70,000 and Saturday’s game is a sell out so that should be enough to pour into a black hole for this month.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:33 pm

Local business man looking to sort a deal out next week and save Pools. Good news for them if it comes off.

They still have a lot of challenges ahead with revenue reducing again next season due to FL money but we have our own challenges also.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:46 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Local business man looking to sort a deal out next week and save Pools. Good news for them if it comes off.

They still have a lot of challenges ahead with revenue reducing again next season due to FL money but we have our own challenges also.
A philanthropic Hartlepool businessman who is prepared to lose money to save the club seems to be the only chance Pools had, maybe they've found one.

You've got to be looking at a half million pound haircut just to get to the summer I'd have thought, fair play to them if they're willing and able to do that. Whilst you wouldn't wish admin on anyone they kind of need a similar process of stripping the club down to a size where they can operate in the non league if the're going to avoid this same cycle coming around again.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:52 pm

m62exile wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:Local business man looking to sort a deal out next week and save Pools. Good news for them if it comes off.

A philanthropic Hartlepool businessman who is prepared to lose money to save the club seems to be the only chance Pools had, maybe they've found one.

You've got to be looking at a half million pound haircut just to get to the summer I'd have thought, fair play to them if they're willing and able to do that. Whilst you wouldn't wish admin on anyone they kind of need a similar process of stripping the club down to a size where they can operate in the non league if the're going to avoid this same cycle coming around again.
Yep, less players, less staff, need the right manager or as results continue being poor attendances will slowly deteriorate reducing revenue and the cycle continues. They are on a negative free fall and have been for at least 6 years, it's hard to get out of it.

However they currently have a decent fan base and would hope to be in top half of budgets again next season if they don't go down this year.