Wilczynski Gone

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Emdubya
Team Supported: Darlington

Wilczynski Gone

Post by Emdubya » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:22 pm

Signed permanent deal at Shaw Lane.Wonder if Nuneaton have a spare keeper to cover for Talbot :lol:

JE93

Re: Wilczynski Gone

Post by JE93 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:41 pm

At least it says we got a fee for him. Probably not much but every little helps.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:44 pm

Sorry to see his departure, I don't think he was given a fair chance in goal for us.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:02 am

I don’t think he was good enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coles

Post by coles » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:11 am

D_F_C wrote:I don’t think he was good enough

Clap clap clap finally someone who talks sense l. Never looked confident imo his kicking was not great and coming for crosses poor overall a good move for both parties the annoying thing is we kept him over Jameson who is proving himself again at Blyth

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:16 am

coles wrote:

Clap clap clap finally someone who talks sense l. Never looked confident imo his kicking was not great and coming for crosses poor overall a good move for both parties the annoying thing is we kept him over Jameson who is proving himself again at Blyth
We'll never know, as he didn't really get much of a chance, with a run of games in goal.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:59 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
coles wrote:

We'll never know, as he didn't really get much of a chance, with a run of games in goal.
Pete - he was here for a couple of seasons under two different managers.

If he wasn't good enough to establish himself as number one under both managers, it says a lot.

I may doubt Tommy Wright's managerial record but I trust his footballing judgement over yours.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:04 am

Thought he was solid without ever really 'laying claim' to being our starting keeper. More than happy with Talbot till the end of the season. Hopefully Pears can come in and keep some clean sheets in the time Talbot is banned. (Though that might be asking too much).

On another note. Is that the 5th player sold this season?

Ferguson, Beck, Bartlett, Cartman, Wilczynski.

Would be interesting to see the amount that those transfers have brought in in total.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:26 am

Got a fee and lose a wage for someone who Wright clearly wasn't keen on - good business that. Obviously wish him all the best for the future.

My only concern is the timing - Talbot is a better keeper than Ed, but only time well tell if the Boro loanee is better than Ed.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:58 am

JE93 wrote:Ferguson, Beck, Bartlett, Cartman, Wilczynski.

Would be interesting to see the amount that those transfers have brought in in total.
An utter guess, about £60,000? Ferguson/Beck the majority of this - Cartman/Bartlett about £10k between them and Ed nominal.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:30 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
JE93 wrote:Ferguson, Beck, Bartlett, Cartman, Wilczynski.

An utter guess, about £60,000? Ferguson/Beck the majority of this - Cartman/Bartlett about £10k between them and Ed nominal.
I had a similar figure in my head.

Ferguson - 20k
Beck - 20k
Bartlett - 10k
Cartman - 5k
Wilczynski - 2.5k

Total - 57.5k

Shouldn't be forgotten either that while it wasn't popular at the time we have the pre season friendly against York which acts as compo for Gray leaving. I know it's not the most popular but if could get 5-8k from that it will be a boost to the coffers.

I only hope Heaton is tied up to a good contract. The way he is playing could be worth more than any of those other sales.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
coles wrote:

Pete - he was here for a couple of seasons under two different managers.

If he wasn't good enough to establish himself as number one under both managers, it says a lot.

I may doubt Tommy Wright's managerial record but I trust his footballing judgement over yours.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Exactly. From what I understand the man who signed him even said he was ok as a No2 but not good enough for regular first team football. The fact he was released in the summer and only brought back because Jameson left says it all. If we have got a fee for him then its a bonus.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:54 pm

Wish Ed luck, if TW and AW didn't fancy him then they have done the right thing in letting him go, we need to take advantage of the loan system as much as we can for the remainder of the season as I doubt there will be anymore perm signings
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman