Ellis Deeney

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Ellis Deeney

Post by poppyfield » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:32 pm

Sounds like we have an offer in for this player, anyone know much about him?
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

QUAKERMAN2

Re: Ellis Deeney

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:39 pm

Ex Aston Villa, Worcester captain, left footed midfielder, brother of Troy Feeney, highly rated apparently.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:48 pm

It's great that we can still attract better than average players, although a worry for me would be yet another midland based player. If he's half as good as Troy Deeney, then we've got a good un.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:09 pm

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:44 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Ex Aston Villa, Worcester captain, left footed midfielder, brother of Troy Feeney, highly rated apparently.

He played well against us in the recent home game.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:14 pm

Wonder if he's actually signed for us yet, as there is no mention of it on the official website.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:37 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Wonder if he's actually signed for us yet, as there is no mention of it on the official website.
As it's all rumours at the moment.

The new rumour is Brad Gascoigne coming to Darlo after being released by Nuneaton.

Bank Top
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by Bank Top » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:45 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Wonder if he's actually signed for us yet, as there is no mention of it on the official website.

The new rumour is Brad Gascoigne coming to Darlo after being released by Nuneaton.
Mini Bus hire available - good rates - Midlands to North East 3 times per week :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:47 pm

AndyPark wrote:

Was one of TWs Corby Town team.

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:
AndyPark wrote:

Was one of TWs Corby Town team.
He’s a centre half looking at his Nuneaton profile

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:15 pm

If the Gascoigne rumour was to come true, its alarming how much we're relying on only players that have previously played under TW. I know Deeney would be different but it shows how much we need a scout, unless we already have one?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:18 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:If the Gascoigne rumour was to come true, its alarming how much we're relying on only players that have previously played under TW. I know Deeney would be different but it shows how much we need a scout, unless we already have one?
Its not alarming. Managers nearly always go after players they know and have managed before. A good example at Darlo was Penney who signed a load of ex Donny players.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:20 pm

Deeney has just signed for telford

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:41 pm

loan_star wrote:
Darlo_CR wrote:If the Gascoigne rumour was to come true, its alarming how much we're relying on only players that have previously played under TW. I know Deeney would be different but it shows how much we need a scout, unless we already have one?
Its not alarming. Managers nearly always go after players they know and have managed before. A good example at Darlo was Penney who signed a load of ex Donny players.
The difference being that the likes of Foster et al had been successful at a higher level for Penney.

Wright doesn't have a pool of players who have succeeded for him at a higher level to choose from.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:14 pm

tdk1 wrote:Deeney has just signed for telford
Good, wasn't that impressed on the Tamworth highlights, looked fairly lazy to me, bit of a luxury player which we don't need atm.

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:28 pm

Would rather we hit our own patch for talent. Maybe Harry Dunn was the biggest loss when MG left

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:32 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:Would rather we hit our own patch for talent. Maybe Harry Dunn was the biggest loss when MG left
Absolutely. Heaton has been a revelation and a 'local' lad. Playing in a part-time team at this level means that there are other demands on time and availability to train & even on occasion, play. We also need to give lads in our youth teams the belief that there is a progression path into the first team, perhaps not quite now when we are scrapping in the relegation zone, but certainly in the long-term. Nevertheless, Wheatley, Saunders & Vaulks may be set back in their careers if we push them into the fray too early. Tommy has a helluva job on his hands to get us out of trouble and this will take some clever management. As fans, all we can do is keep the faith and support the lads through this patch.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:05 pm

Spyman wrote:The difference being that the likes of Foster et al had been successful at a higher level for Penney.
I was simply illustrating a point that a manager goes for players he knows or have played under him before. Every manager does it.
jjljks wrote:Absolutely. Heaton has been a revelation and a 'local' lad.
I wouldn't class Preston as local!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:11 pm

Yeah Heaton isn't from this area, although I believe his wife or partner got a teaching job over here, so coming to Darlo was a no brainer.

micra3

Post by micra3 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:28 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Yeah Heaton isn't from this area, although I believe his wife or partner got a teaching job over here, so coming to Darlo was a no brainer.
That was Dom Collins
M I C R A 3

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:49 pm

Heaton I believe is from Lancashire