Alfreton V Darlington FC

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Alfreton V Darlington FC

Post by poppyfield » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:20 am

Well this it, there seems to be so much riding on this match, I just hope the players are well up for the game.
With Collins out for awhile TW has to make the decision of what to do about the RB position, when Collins went off and we reverted to 442 with Portas going to RB we were more solid and played better (imo) from back to front. Hopefully Trotman is fit and can slot straight in, if not should Marrs start? He is clearly not in favour at the moment but surely professional enough to put that to one side and give his all.
I know its hard to predict what formation will start, but we have got to be as solid at the back as we can be, given our injuries. That's why 4 at the back is so important.
I would go for;

Talbot,
Trotman Brown Heaton Galbraith,
Gillies Turnbull Scott Thompson,
Styche Mills.

(if Trotman is not fit Portas/Marrs in at RB)
Subs: Portas,(Marrs) Wheatley, Caton, Syers, Saunders
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlopartisan

Re: Alfreton V Darlington FC

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:36 am

Does anybody know what was/is wrong with Trotman? Hopefully fit again.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:56 pm

poppyfield wrote:Well this it, there seems to be so much riding on this match, I just hope the players are well up for the game.
With Collins out for awhile TW has to make the decision of what to do about the RB position, when Collins went off and we reverted to 442 with Portas going to RB we were more solid and played better (imo) from back to front. Hopefully Trotman is fit and can slot straight in, if not should Marrs start? He is clearly not in favour at the moment but surely professional enough to put that to one side and give his all.
I know its hard to predict what formation will start, but we have got to be as solid at the back as we can be, given our injuries. That's why 4 at the back is so important.
I would go for;

Talbot,
Styche Mills.

Agree with that team. I hope Trotman is back. Seemed a decent player at both ends of the pitch for us in his few games before injury.

That starting 11 is perfectly capable of getting wins in this league. Hopefully we start today and can build some momentum. Talbot, Heaton, Thompson and Styche have all been in good form. Need the players around them to rise to their level.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:43 pm

Team for today is out:

---------------------------- Talbot -------------------------------

Portas ------- Heaton ------- Brown -------- Galbraith

Gillies -------- Turnbull ------ Scott ------- Thompson

-------------------- Styche ------- Mills --------------------------

Subs: Marrs, Syers, Saunders, Caton, Wheatley

Rufusuk

Post by Rufusuk » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:08 pm

1-0 Styche

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:13 pm

Get in

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:13 pm

Rufusuk wrote:1-0 Styche
Get in - not only for this game, but also good for him on a personal level after Wednesday

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:20 pm

poppyfield wrote:Well this it, there seems to be so much riding on this match, I just hope the players are well up for the game.
I would go for;

Talbot,
Styche Mills.

Did you txt TW your team :clap:

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:53 pm

H-T WINNING 1-0 if we can get through the first 20 mins of second half I`ll breathe easier

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:49 pm

1-1

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:50 pm

90 mins down to 10 men 1-1 now

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:00 pm

Tommy Wright isn't going to turn this around is he?

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:01 pm

A gnats chuff away from a win. Anyone know what the 'altercation' was between our keeper and their player?

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:07 pm

Yarblockos wrote:Tommy Wright isn't going to turn this around is he?
I was there, and the answer is no.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:08 pm

This one isn’t Wright’s fault, never looked like conceding until our keeper punched their player.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:09 pm

Alfreton were the worst team I've seen in years, and we ground out a draw. It was an atrocious match

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:09 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:A gnats chuff away from a win. Anyone know what the 'altercation' was between our keeper and their player?
Punched him after the ball had gone according to Stodd on Twitter. Such a stupid way to throw points away.

Can hardly blame Wright for that

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:10 pm

It can only happen to us, when does a keeper kick someone, gets sent off and gives away a pen in the 90th main.TW now needs to sign a keeper but surely needs to sign someone up front with Styche as we had no threat in the 2nd half and the ball was just coming back on the defence.More points dropped, we surely have to strengthen before next week.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:12 pm

They should have had a player sent off after 1 minute for elbowing galbraith but the result was all about our dreadfully negative approach to the second half in which we stayed on the back foot clearly under orders. Not good enough against a dreadful side. How much lower can we sink.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:12 pm

al_quaker wrote:
Comfortably_numb wrote:A gnats chuff away from a win. Anyone know what the 'altercation' was between our keeper and their player?
Punched him after the ball had gone according to Stodd on Twitter. Such a stupid way to throw points away.

Can hardly blame Wright for that
Although now he is quoting another eyewitness that Talbot lightly slapped him on the back. Which would be an even more infuriating way of chucking points away. Hope whatever happened is caught on camera.

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:14 pm

LoidLucan wrote:They should have had a player sent off after 1 minute for elbowing galbraith but the result was all about our dreadfully negative approach to the second half in which we stayed on the back foot clearly under orders. Not good enough against a dreadful side. How much lower can we sink.
Back to the Evo.... :thumbup:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

My opinion

Post by My opinion » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:17 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:They should have had a player sent off after 1 minute for elbowing galbraith but the result was all about our dreadfully negative approach to the second half in which we stayed on the back foot clearly under orders. Not good enough against a dreadful side. How much lower can we sink.
We are 3 points off mid table, and it is still January FFS

bga

Post by bga » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:20 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:
This one isn’t Wright’s fault, never looked like conceding until our keeper punched their player.
But you can blame TW for us not putting the game to bed before this late incident?
Yarblockos and many others are right, I am afraid I don't see TW "saving" us.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:23 pm

We simply HAVE to strengthen before our next game, Styche is the only one scoring, when did Thommo last score other than the pen against Harrogate and I still say Mills is not the answer.If we fail to bring in new signings this week we are really asking for trouble, particularly as we play Chorley.Talbot wants to take a long look at himself if he did slap their player especially as that ref was dishing out bookings for fun, crazy thing to do and has cost us 2 points.Over to you Tommy, for gods sake delve into the transfer market because we badly need it.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:24 pm

Trying to sign a midfielder according to the Echo

Possible Deeney from Tamworth, as they've received a bid form a NLN club for him

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:25 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
We simply HAVE to strengthen before our next game, Styche is the only one scoring, when did Thommo last score other than the pen against Harrogate and I still say Mills is not the answer.If we fail to bring in new signings this week we are really asking for trouble, particularly as we play Chorley.Talbot wants to take a long look at himself if he did slap their player especially as that ref was dishing out bookings for fun, crazy thing to do and has cost us 2 points.Over to you Tommy, for gods sake delve into the transfer market because we badly need it.

We’ve had a bid accepted for Tamworth’s Ellis Deeney.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:28 pm

My opinion wrote:
real_darlo_85 wrote:
Overly simplistic (and optimistic) way of looking at it.

Current form is 1-2-7 in the league (1-2-8 overall), struggling to see why anyone would think anything other than that gap would grow?

Having said that, I would have *probably* taken a draw before today, because at least it stops us losing to a relegation rival yet again.

Next 3 matches - Chorley H, Leamington A, Blyth H - 7 points or Tommy's head though.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:30 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

He's already delved 6 times - Talbot, Trotman, Heaton, Mills, Styche, Glover. How many more delves can we afford or allow?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:32 pm

My opinion wrote:
real_darlo_85 wrote:
You are right but for now we are in the relegation zone and showing no signs of getting the wins to stay up. Remember this was one of the supposedly 'easier' matches...

Don't get me wrong I really want TW to succeed in building from the NLN but I am preparing for the Evo next season as to stay up these 6 pointers need to be won, draws and defeats will obviously not keep us up!
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:34 pm

No chance we will be lucky to get 2