York watch....

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

LoidLucan
Team Supported: Darlington

York watch....

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:10 pm

I know I should be more adult about this and just move on but I couldn't help but enjoy an Ooh Me Ribs moment when I read some of the York fans comments after their latest appalling display, including this one:

"Sorry Martin but as I said last week you are out of your depth, you have had all week to sort the defence out after last week's debacle at Salford, what do we get a display of unmotivated jaded individuals who have either not listened to a word you have said or a bunch of players who do not see or agree with your methods, personally I fear it is the latter. You do not seem able to recognise your own failings, i.e the keeper is lacking confidence which has spread to the rest of the team,striker who does not seem to know where the goal is, you continue to play a midfield that constantly misfires, so do us all a favour and realise your failings and clear off back up the A19 to Darlo. I think I am not the only one who will not be returning to BC to witness the dross you are presenting."

QUAKERMAN2

Re: York watch....

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:31 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I know I should be more adult about this and just move on but I couldn't help but enjoy an Ooh Me Ribs moment when I read some of the York fans comments after their latest appalling display, including this one:

"Sorry Martin but as I said last week you are out of your depth, you have had all week to sort the defence out after last week's debacle at Salford, what do we get a display of unmotivated jaded individuals who have either not listened to a word you have said or a bunch of players who do not see or agree with your methods, personally I fear it is the latter. You do not seem able to recognise your own failings, i.e the keeper is lacking confidence which has spread to the rest of the team,striker who does not seem to know where the goal is, you continue to play a midfield that constantly misfires, so do us all a favour and realise your failings and clear off back up the A19 to Darlo. I think I am not the only one who will not be returning to BC to witness the dross you are presenting."
Get in, music to our ears, the holiday period is well and truly over, appears to be chopping and changing every game pretty much like he did with us.Cannot wait for the grilling he will receive at his next York interview, surely he cannot continue his totally false demeanour and sooner than later will revert back to his glares and impatient replies with a face looking like thunder.This poster wants him back up the A19 to us, well he is not welcome here so can turn right round and face his eventual sacking at York.Good luck Martin, the grass is not always greener and all that.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:36 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I know I should be more adult about this and just move on but I couldn't help but enjoy an Ooh Me Ribs moment when I read some of the York fans comments after their latest appalling display, including this one:

This a beautiful.

Sounds a bit like the Jameson situation last season. Clearly a good keeper lacking confidence but Gray just wouldn't take him out of the firing line.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:37 pm

Give him time and money he will turn it around

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:37 pm

Ron, unfortunately I think he'll be OK. Has just signed Rowe, a defender from Wycombe. If poor results keep up he'll just get the York chairman to sign more players and buy his way out of trouble and say that he was left with a bad bunch. Wait for the next 'We desperately need new signings'.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:42 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:Give him time and money he will turn it aroundImage
And money. And more money. And more.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:54 pm

Gray said this week: "I have never been one to bring someone in to make up the bench. That's no benefit to the club at all."

Liam Hardy and a host of others might beg to differ.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:56 pm

Given MG's limited tactical nous and seeming inability to improve players it was probably obvious that he'd struggle to take an underperforming set of players and turn them around.

Given time and money he will get the right players in and sort them out - I'm sure it won't be pretty but it will be effective. It's whether he's afforded enough time and goodwill to get to that point which will be next season at the earliest.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:00 pm

From what I've read the York fans are not in the mood for a long-term project. They can't accept being beaten by plumbers and electricians and in their view promotion is the only game in town for them... this season, or you should be out. I'm with them on this one :D

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:10 pm

Apparently on the radio today MG did his 'Players will be moved on and new ones brought in' speech.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Bet Parkin and Co are fully behind the Gray vision.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:25 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Apparently on the radio today MG did his 'Players will be moved on and new ones brought in' speech.
Full time players on full time contracts are presumably quite hard to just 'move on' in a largely part time league.

They are at the very bottom of the full time food chain. They are unlikely to get another full time club, can't just go part time without finding another job, so will presumably need their entire contracts paying up.

Sounds expensive!!!

DC

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:27 pm

Got to admit I do watch out for York's results for the obvious reasons, I still quite like York as a club but do find it funny when Gray loses.

I would assume he will get it right soon, reading the York forum I would be very surprised if Gray doesn't come back in for Beck once fit and he can convince the York board to spend the cash.

DarloDave40

Post by DarloDave40 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:38 pm

Yes Gray had his failings and the Forum wasn’t his finest hour but let’s not forget he gave us 3 promotions and some great games on the way without the final promotion we could still be playing at Bishop. What goes round comes around so let’s not find to much comfort in Yorks results at present, I’d rather them winning and we beat them early January.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:48 pm

Back in York seeing mates for the first time since the move away and so ended up watching this.

Fuck me, York are shite. James Gray is as anonymous as I remember him, the loan keeper Gray found looks like a rabbit in headlights and the same problems of an awful midfield coupled up with booting it up towards Parkin (who can barely move at this point) haven't changed at all. The final Tamworth goal was something special like, two York players dicking about out wide because neither could be arsed to cross for a good minute, Tamworth lad has enough of watching, pinches the ball, strolls up half the pitch and slots it in.

Ferguson did alright before seeing red for a stonewall foul as last man I suppose, but a fair few fans already reckon they've signed a dud in Gray and he's more a case of who would come rather than who was best for the job.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:58 pm

If results don't pick up can see him coming in for Mendes or Caton even :lol: Or maybe Brodie, or Fenwick. Maybe all of them.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:31 pm

Here are four more (Schadenfreude!)

"We were 5th when Mills got the sack. Look at us now."

"Hoofing it up to Parkin will not win matches"

"Total rubbish from start to finish never again."

"This team is the laughing-stock of football. Almost unbelievable descent into obscurity. The new manager said that we'll compete for promotion - he's either taking the **** or on hallucinogens."
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:09 am

i think MG might just realise how good he had it at darlo. we forgave a lot because we thought we were on this journey together. this game him quite a bit of paitences and protection.

we applied very little pressure when:
our defensive has been badly creaking last 18 months.
awful showing in cup runs
general hoofball to beck.

he has now moved to a club where expectation are much more short term.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:14 am

And Gray was un-sackable, so the only pressure he would have felt was from himself, unlike now.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Neil_Heaneys_Pace

Post by Neil_Heaneys_Pace » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:17 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:And Gray was un-sackable, so the only pressure he would have felt was from himself, unlike now.
totally, he is just some part time chancer from up the road now

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:23 am

Anybody know what Ferguson signed for? Hopefully it was Sale or Return & we could get him back for nothing, LOL

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:28 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:And Gray was un-sackable, so the only pressure he would have felt was from himself, unlike now.
I don't agree, Gray was sackable and some fans including me had started to grumble about the way we play and poor results towards the end of his tenure. The pressure was building on him to turn things round.

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:01 pm

I said on a previous post that he would be lucky to get 5 years now I would not bet on him getting 5 months.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:09 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
I don't agree, Gray was sackable and some fans including me had started to grumble about the way we play and poor results towards the end of his tenure. The pressure was building on him to turn things round.
We couldn't afford to sack him

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:03 pm

What surprises me is why he has chopped and changed the team as they looked a very good side when we played them, and it was only because of the best goalkeeper in the league that we were not 4 down at half time.Typical Gray changing for changes sake and in the space od 4 weeks appears to be digging a hole for himself with threats of making even more signings.They will be in big trouble giving Gray more money for signings if they fail to go up this season.Would we all love to beat them into a playoff place, brilliant if that happens.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:26 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:

He did us a favour in some ways, it's just the way he did it and the trouble he caused along the way. We could never have paid him off, but now we have a freshened up management team who are more aligned to our present needs.

Probably cheaper too.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:46 pm

Nicked from the York forum - "Gray in the YEP after yesterday’s result. Not looking quite as cash rich now as it may have appeared three or four weeks ago. I hope J Gray and Hyphen aren’t costing us much, that would be very wasteful.

"Funds aren't just there, we've got to sort deals in and deals out. We've got to look at both sides and we can't just keep going to the chairman and asking for more – we've got to balance the books.""

Fuck me, he's started already!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:47 pm

York seems to me like the ultimate poisoned chalice. They've had years of short-termism and desperation to get things right immediately. One manager after another has been replaced, all have blamed the previous manager and then had a clear out and started again, which hasn't worked so that manager gets sacked etc. They need to stick with someone for a period of time I think. Whether Gray is that man remains to be seen. A number of fans are dreading the cycle occurring again, with Gray on the 'Clear out' phase of the cycle. Their ground is on its last legs with a new ground not yet a done deal. I know which club I'd rather be at.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:05 pm

Yes Vic I agree with all of that.

Their new stadium is a long way off and I wonder how popular it will be, if and when it ever gets finished.

Moves to out of town characterless stadiums don't always go smoothly, super rich business men sometimes run out of money.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Lookingbetter
Team Supported: York city

Post by Lookingbetter » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:43 pm

Please take Gray back he isnt wanted here