Community share pledge

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Community share pledge

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:47 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Spyman wrote:What does 'compete' mean though?

I'd be confident that we could hold our own in midtable with a couple of additions.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah but with the 8 new strikers, 6 midfielders and 10 defenders MG would bring in, we would make the play-offs (until we're forcibly relegated because our ground isn't up-to-standard).

But this is all irrelevant because right now WE CAN'T BE PROMOTED.
As an add on to this opinion, the fact that the fundraising has slowed to a minimum or stopped altogether is bothering me medium term as well. If we do somehow raise the money for the seats, we'd be facing the same problems as soon as we got promoted further down the line .Basically, we'd have to raise a hell of a lot of money to stay in the National League by March 31st the following season or be forcibly demoted. And if the well has run dry on this particular one, then we'd be looking at outside investment or stay in the NLN for good. Or maybe I'm being overly pessimistic and this fundraising isn't a barometer to the future? Am I the only one with these concerns?
Last edited by Vodka_Vic on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:11 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Spyman wrote:What does 'compete' mean though?

I'd be confident that we could hold our own in midtable with a couple of additions.

Yeah but with the 8 new strikers, 6 midfielders and 10 defenders MG would bring in, we would make the play-offs (until we're forcibly relegated because our ground isn't up-to-standard).

But this is all irrelevant because right now WE CAN'T BE PROMOTED.
As an add on to this opinion, the fact that the fundraising has slowed to a minimum or stopped altogether is bothering me medium term as well. If we do somehow raise the money for the seats, we'd be facing the same problems as soon as we got promoted further down the line .Basically, we'd have to raise a hell of a lot of money to stay if the National League by March 31st the following season or be forcibly demoted. And if the well has run dry on this particular one, then we'd be looking at outside investment or stay in the NLN for good. Or maybe I'm being overly pessimistic and this fundraising isn't a barometer to the future? Am I the only one with these concerns?
No, I share your concerns.

We need to go up through the league's at a rate that is sustainable. We've just about managed that up to now (despite regularly overspending) because the fans have been able and willing to cover the amounts needed.

We have now reached a level where the amounts needed are exceeding the fans ability to contribute. These figures will only get larger as more work is needed on the ground and players become more expensive.

This is why the Martin Gray goldrush is destructive and needs re-assessing. He's undoubtedly capable of taking the club forward with financial but at the moment we can't afford that, so we either need to consider cutting him loose or telling him he needs to work with a smaller budget until the most important objectives are achieved.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:03 pm

Has Boost the Budget been extended? More money has been put in and the deadline is back out to 3 days.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:48 pm

£9,400 now in Seating Phase 2, so a bit of movement in there over the past few days.

Over £42k now in the Boost the Budget scheme too.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:10 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:£9,400 now in Seating Phase 2, so a bit of movement in there over the past few days.

Maybe the money Gray was going to spend on Heaton and Fewster has been reallocated!

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:13 pm

I think we both know that these pledges have come from fans - but anything to mention the budget!

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:17 pm

Spyman wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:£9,400 now in Seating Phase 2, so a bit of movement in there over the past few days.

Maybe the money Gray was going to spend on Heaton and Fewster has been reallocated!

Simon, give it a fucking rest. It's boring now.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:27 pm

Well said, Andy.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:50 pm

AndyPark wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Simon, give it a fucking rest. It's boring now.
Bit of sense of humour failure there boys. Don't be so boring.

DC

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:41 pm

£21,800 now in Seating Phase 2. Good to see a lot of movement in there over the past week.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:44 am

For the first time I am starting to think we won't make the £50K target even with money from DFCSG renewals. However we should make the £37K needed for phase 3 (seats) with renewal money and a late surge so why not swap the 2 targets round, get the £37K into the bank and give ourselves more time to find some way of raising the rest. Could we even buy and install the seats and put the roof on later?

leedscol

Post by leedscol » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:29 pm

Tbh I think some people might be confused about what they have already pledged for and what is now required.I have to admit I had.
The new publicity should bring in some more money hopefully.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:08 pm

So how come that the seating phase 3 hasn't been put up yet?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:11 pm

Apparently starts tomorrow once phase 2 sorted? See my topic from today

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:49 pm

Phase 3 all up and running by the looks of it.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:58 pm

So phase 3 has three separate parts. I'm wondering why the £10-£99 pledge fund target is £10K, given that it's at 60% already. I would have thought this would be the most popular way to pledge. The community shares pledge fund is set at the highest target of £30K? Do we need a minimum number to be community share pledges or something?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:14 am

Yarblockos wrote:So phase 3 has three separate parts. I'm wondering why the £10-£99 pledge fund target is £10K, given that it's at 60% already. I would have thought this would be the most popular way to pledge. The community shares pledge fund is set at the highest target of £30K? Do we need a minimum number to be community share pledges or something?
I think that to be honest, not many people are putting into the £10-99 fund.

Look at how long it has taken to reach 6k, and don't forget the majority of that 6k is from the bucket collections and from the latest round of DFCSG renewals.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:14 am

Yarblockos wrote:So phase 3 has three separate parts. I'm wondering why the £10-£99 pledge fund target is £10K, given that it's at 60% already. I would have thought this would be the most popular way to pledge. The community shares pledge fund is set at the highest target of £30K? Do we need a minimum number to be community share pledges or something?
In the email I received it states the individual targets are flexible - as long as we raise 50k across the 3 schemes we're good (I presume the technicalities of changing the community shares targets are sorted out at the SG end)

Good to see over 7.5k raised already

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:41 am

Over 12k across the 3 pitches now.

38k to go.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:57 am

Looking at the seat sponsorship it appears most people so far are doing the £100 lifetime option which means only 100 out of 250 ST holders to reach the target. Should be able get well past the original target if it keeps up.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:04 pm

Just ticked over the £14k mark.

Less than £36k to go.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:01 am

The sponsor the seat fund seems to have taken a big leap forwards, which has pushed the total raised so far over £20000 :clap:

norwich darlo

Post by norwich darlo » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:57 am

Just tried to add to the development fund and the only payment option on offer is a direct debit what's happened to the one-off payment option?

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:56 am

norwich darlo wrote:Just tried to add to the development fund and the only payment option on offer is a direct debit what's happened to the one-off payment option?
I believe the one off payment is still classed as a direct debit but there is a contact button on the pledge page to get clarification from right person.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:12 am

Up to £25603 now. Over half way there :clap:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:22 am

Usually when we get close to a particular target, the last few thousands are raised quite quickly. Perhaps it may be different this time as there looks little chance of us making the play-offs, so perhaps it's not essential that work is completed by this season's deadline.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:12 pm

Over 32k now raised :clap:

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:08 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Usually when we get close to a particular target, the last few thousands are raised quite quickly. Perhaps it may be different this time as there looks little chance of us making the play-offs, so perhaps it's not essential that work is completed by this season's deadline.
It's essential for more than just the play-offs though. It would be good if the target could be reached by the many and not the few especially as the ground development fund was launched online due to demand but appears to being fed by buckets still.