MR TIBBS

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlobob
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: MR TIBBS

Post by darlobob » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:43 pm

You will be sadly missed. Mr Tibbs condolences to your family... a true Darlo legend.

Darlo_H

Post by Darlo_H » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:48 pm

A forum regular for as long as I can remember, and certainly one of our best.

Condolences to all who knew him.
Jazz Maverick wrote:If I win the 50/50 draw I'm going to use the money to pay a tramp to throw dog s*** at you.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:07 pm

That is such awful news. Always such a nice guy on here with lots of good things to add.

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:09 pm

Really sad news.

Always enjoyed his posts on the message board. He came across really well and it was always interesting reading his thoughts on events. I know on a couple of occasions he put his hand in his pocket towards camera equipment when I was on the scrounge as well.

Swapped a few emails with him the past for DFCSG website and a few other things. It was a pleasure dealing with him.

Thoughts are with his family and friends.

en passant

Post by en passant » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:35 pm

As with many people who post on here, I never knew Mr Tibbs, but had very great respect to for his views which always added information, insight , and sense. A great shock to hear this news, and in the midst of all the apparent turmoil that has been occupying so much attention on here recently, it is sobering to remember that football really isn't a matter of life or death. Very sorry for his family and all who really knew him.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:36 pm

I was really shocked to hear such sad news. Wonderful poster, reasoned arguments and funny with it. My condolences to his family, top bloke who will be sorely missed.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:50 pm

Awful news. I didnt know him but as a poster on here he was always and without fail measured, good humoured and full of good grace.

ex-exile

Post by ex-exile » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:02 pm

Terrible news for someone so young,My condolences to his family, from someone who respected his views.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:47 pm

That's tragic news and to pass away at such a young age. Sadly I never met Paul, but I always thought you very much contributed to this MB. Condolences to your family at this sad time.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:58 pm

As others have already said this is such sad news. Thoughts are with his family and friends now.

Lincolnshire_Quaker

Post by Lincolnshire_Quaker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:14 pm

Only just picked up this tragic news. I’m absolutely choked and fingers literally feel too numb to type. Paul & I had worked together since the Save Darlo campaign days. What he has done, both publicly and quietly in the background, for this club has been immense. I’ll share more in due course, when I’ve got my head round this news & am back home next week with proper internet access.
If I were a stick of rock, no prizes for what would be written all the way through .....

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:18 pm

Absolutely terrible news, my heart goes out to his family. I didn't have much contact with him, but whenever I had cause to I always found him helpful and nothing too much trouble - mostly involving domain name work for getting the fundraising and future DFCSG projects set up.

The club has a lovely article on him here: http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/paul-tate/ and a minute's silence will be observed at the game on Saturday.

Rest in peace, Paul.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

DAFTS

Post by DAFTS » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:38 pm

mikkyx wrote:Absolutely terrible news, my heart goes out to his family. I didn't have much contact with him, but whenever I had cause to I always found him helpful and nothing too much trouble - mostly involving domain name work for getting the fundraising and future DFCSG projects set up.

The club has a lovely article on him here: http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/paul-tate/ and a minute's silence will be observed at the game on Saturday.

Rest in peace, Paul.
Very sad news and a loss to the Darlo family. RIP Paul.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

QuakerPete

Post by QuakerPete » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:20 pm

Would like to add my condolences to Paul's family at this terrible news. Darlo has lost a true friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charlie

Post by charlie » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:27 pm

Shocked, he came across as a lovely bloke RIP MrTibbs already missed. Condolences and respect to his family

quakerfan

Post by quakerfan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:21 am

so very sad , not just a sensible and informative poster but also a man who clearly cared about the club and wanted the best for it .
condolences to his family .

quakerfan

Post by quakerfan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:21 am

so very sad , not just a sensible and informative poster but also a man who clearly cared about the club and wanted the best for it .

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:10 am

quakerfan wrote:so very sad , not just a sensible and informative poster but also a man who clearly cared about the club and wanted the best for it .
This.

RIP Mr_Tibbs.

Nigel Batches Beard

Post by Nigel Batches Beard » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:35 am

R.I.P Mr Tibbs

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:04 am

Sad news both for those who knew him and for the football club.

Reading of all the work he did to help the club, despite living so far away, then what better tribute to him could fansmake than to step up to volunteer to help out the club in the was he did. Distance is no barrier to helping out

SwansQuaker83
Team Supported: Swansea (and Darlo of course)

Post by SwansQuaker83 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:50 am

Very sad news... RIP

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:06 am

Very sad news, sincere condolences to family and friends.
One of the good guys on this forum.

darlostu

Post by darlostu » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:51 am

Very sad news, very shocked to hear this.

Had never met Paul but had many email conversations when I was DFCSG Membership Secretary.

As other posters have commented his posts on this forum were informative and balanced together with a great sense of humuor.

He will be sadly missed

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:37 pm

I'm hardly on here nowdays (in fact I can't remember the last time I posted here) but I'd just like to add my condolences like everyone else to Paul's family.

This message board has provided me with a lot of laughs over the years and he formed a major part of that. He'll be a big miss.

RIP.

broadsexile

Post by broadsexile » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:56 pm

Very sad news, condolences to his family and all who knew him. RIP.

footifan

Post by footifan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:01 pm

Totally gobsmacked.
Just gotten back from my UK trip...

Paul was a good friend, we kept in touch over the years even though we were other sides of the world.
I knew him through both football & business... When we were both in the UK he often rode with me to away games.

A wonderful guy with a true love of Darlo, always with a smile...

He took on the responsibility of a child with challenges in life, in fact he flew to the UK to pick up some equipment for his boy ... always with a smile.

* Perhaps we could name an award in his name to honour his name & love for the club ?
Perhaps a Volunteers award for service to the club to be awarded annually or any other suggestions to remember his service to the club.?

I know he would not expect that but would really be a good thing to do.
Those that know me know me know I am also an expat, so it would be difficult for me to organise from here but I am happy to get the ball rolling with a donation.
Any Darlo based fan happy to take on the task ?

DaveMc

Post by DaveMc » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:00 pm

Very sad news condolences to his family and friends.

Lincolnshire_Quaker

Post by Lincolnshire_Quaker » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:24 pm

footifan wrote:Totally gobsmacked.

Paul was a good friend, we kept in touch over the years even though we were other sides of the world.
I knew him through both football & business... When we were both in the UK he often rode with me to away games.

He took on the responsibility of a child with challenges in life, in fact he flew to the UK to pick up some equipment for his boy ... always with a smile.

* Perhaps we could name an award in his name to honour his name & love for the club ?
Perhaps a Volunteers award for service to the club to be awarded annually or any other suggestions to remember his service to the club.?

Those that know me know me know I am also an expat, so it would be difficult for me to organise from here but I am happy to get the ball rolling with a donation.
If Paul ever wanted anything in his honour / memory it would be to see his last visionary contribution to the club come to fruition - a fans portal, fully endorsed by the board, & used to further the club’s future as a fan owned entity. It already exists, 90% complete, and I was honoured to be asked by Paul to help with its development earlier this year. I suggest this, not out of sentiment at this tragic time, but as something I believe Paul was firmly on the right track with.
If I were a stick of rock, no prizes for what would be written all the way through .....

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Lincolnshire_Quaker wrote:
footifan wrote:Totally gobsmacked.

If Paul ever wanted anything in his honour / memory it would be to see his last visionary contribution to the club come to fruition - a fans portal, fully endorsed by the board, & used to further the club’s future as a fan owned entity. It already exists, 90% complete, and I was honoured to be asked by Paul to help with its development earlier this year. I suggest this, not out of sentiment at this tragic time, but as something I believe Paul was firmly on the right track with.
The fans portal. Sounds very interesting, are you able to elaborate?

ps. nice idea footifan.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Lincolnshire_Quaker

Post by Lincolnshire_Quaker » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:33 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
The fans portal. Sounds very interesting, are you able to elaborate?

ps. nice idea footifan.
There will be a right time, right place I very much hope.