Seating Phase 2 of 3

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Seating Phase 2 of 3

Post by poppyfield » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:44 am

Has had a nice little boost the last few days :clap:
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

JE93

Re: Seating Phase 2 of 3

Post by JE93 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:20 pm

Might have been mentioned before. But do we know if DFCSG membership fees will be used to contribute towards the stand? Renewal is coming up at the end of August and it could be a great opportunity to give the fundraising a big boost.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:57 pm

JE93 wrote:Might have been mentioned before. But do we know if DFCSG membership fees will be used to contribute towards the stand? Renewal is coming up at the end of August and it could be a great opportunity to give the fundraising a big boost.
I think it was mentioned a couple of weeks ago, yes.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:53 pm

Yes we've agreed all surplus will go towards the seating. Hopefully that will be £15K + if everyone renews. However we are also covering shortfall from community share pledges not paid too which is taking more than we'd hoped

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:29 am

What do you mean by shortfall? I haven't yet had any money taken out of my account which was pledged for Phase 1 so I'm sure it's not just me in this situation.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:16 am

Vodka_Vic wrote:What do you mean by shortfall? I haven't yet had any money taken out of my account which was pledged for Phase 1 so I'm sure it's not just me in this situation.

Shortfall = Pledges that aren't paid. How did you choose to pay as emails have gone out requesting all that paid by bank transfer to pay pledges? All those electing to pay by GoCardless have been billed. Plenty of bank transfers also come in but still awaiting a handful

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:33 am

I thought I'd done GoCardless but now I'm not sure. I logged in on my account but it doesn't say which method I paid with. The e-mail received appears to be a catch-all one covering both methods of payment. I'll try bank transfer then.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:59 am

Sent you a pm

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:01 pm

All in now. That's my pledge gone through.
Hoping we can get quite a few people at the Arena on Monday and that any money made can get put towards the seats too.

feethams

Post by feethams » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Does anyone know if whilst the ground work is being done for the new seats, will it reduce BM capacity temporarily? Presumably no-one can stand where the works are being done?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:11 pm

feethams wrote:Does anyone know if whilst the ground work is being done for the new seats, will it reduce BM capacity temporarily? Presumably no-one can stand where the works are being done?
I assumed the hardstanding in front of the stand is still as it was? Or has that been pulled up?

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:57 pm

I would have thought it will be completed before the season starts.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:04 pm

I can only speak from afar but I keep reflecting on those red seats. They look substantial, would they move so they could be used, even as an uncovered away seat section? Just seem wasted there. Go on people, shatter my illusions!

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:06 am

There's only 3 rows, and sitting in them your view would be completely impeded by the dugouts.

I think there's potential to do something with them if the will exists, but it would require an additional row to be added, and a solution to the dugouts blocking the view. (You would need to extend the roof out a little bit to cover an additional row, but i'd think it'd be easily enough done).

I'm hoping they'll do something about the dugouts this summer, as they've been moved to re-lay the pitch. They completely obscure most of the views from the clubhouse side (not from the balcony) and it'd be a relatively easy fix. They should have been on the other side, to be honest. One should have been built into the existing stand (home one) , and the other one would be over the pipe (It has no foundations anyway, so it'd be fine there). That would then allow to at least construct a small seating area on the clubhouse side. That can't be done with those dugouts, but would be possible if they're relocated, or changed in some way / built into such a seating area.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:18 am

How would anyone in the seats see if the dugouts were on the other side? You'd need to raise the seating up at least a metre and then you'd need a lift to get into the stand!

There are ground strict regs as to where they need to be positioned in terms of distance from the half way line and distance between one another

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:28 am

Nah, I know you can't do it now, but they can / could have been built into stands by design rather than the existing free standing ones. Lots of stadiums don't have the free standing plastic dugouts like we do. I reckon Barnet is the best example of what in the future we could maybe do on the clubhouse side (they have their dugouts built into a seated stand) but I think that's way down the line, if ever.

We'll do this stage of seating, then presumably the terrace behind the other goal, then the extend the seating all the way to the corner.... then assess where we are.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:51 am

They really just need embedding into the hardstanding on that side and the perimeter fence. If you do that then there aren't obstructed views to the side of them as people will basically be in line with the front of the dugout.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:17 am

lo36789 wrote:They really just need embedding into the hardstanding on that side and the perimeter fence. If you do that then there aren't obstructed views to the side of them as people will basically be in line with the front of the dugout.
Two although it does impinge on the bat entrance but I believe there will be some retraction

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:18 am

I like the way Scarboro new ground is setup with the dugouts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-yo ... e-40606364

Undercovered

Post by Undercovered » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:06 pm

notgnilrad wrote:I like the way Scarboro new ground is setup with the dugouts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-yo ... e-40606364

Not too dissimilar to Heritage Park really. The thing is, that type of stand costs way more than what we'll have paid for ours as it's all built around having it as the main stand where the facilities are housed. It also benefits from multi points of access. The issue we have on the far side at BM is that there's a finite amount of room and access has to be from the hard standing at the front rather from the side/top which limits the height of the first row as you need steps in front. I'm afraid it's the cheap option which was all we could afford. Once you start building stands with concourses underneath and exit from underneath the costs start to escalate quickly. Didn't HP cost something like £1.7m most of which will have been on the main stand which only holds 250.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:02 pm

divas wrote:
lo36789 wrote:They really just need embedding into the hardstanding on that side and the perimeter fence. If you do that then there aren't obstructed views to the side of them as people will basically be in line with the front of the dugout.
Two although it does impinge on the bat entrance but I believe there will be some retraction
The bat entrance? :problem:

Is the 'water main' really a secret underground lair for the Caped Crusader?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Spyman wrote:
divas wrote:
The bat entrance? :problem:

Is the 'water main' really a secret underground lair for the Caped Crusader?
Rumbled :lol:

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:51 am

Divas, any ideas if profits from the Newcastle friendly are going to go towards the seats? The more we can chip away at that, the more people will hopefully be motivated to invest as we near the totals.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:22 pm

To be fair, if the bat cave is under there, then we are probably best to build around it.

Agreed, the dugouts need moving back so the front is in line with the standing. I hope they're doing it this summer, it'd be a minor task removing a little bit of fence to make way for them and they've been moved anyway to relay the pitch. The view down that side is cack unless you're on the back row of the seats.

Scarboroughs new place looks great. Good luck to them, I hope we're playing them again soon (In the national).

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:30 pm

Listening to the radio yesterday and they were saying that a Sunday league team play at Rotherham's old ground, Millmoor. All those seats that could be useful elsewhere!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:24 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Listening to the radio yesterday and they were saying that a Sunday league team play at Rotherham's old ground, Millmoor. All those seats that could be useful elsewhere!
Give Mr Booth the scrap bloke who owns the ground a ring I'm sure he would accommodate, I've not been past for a while but it's a shame left like it were , but when u look over the road at the new shiny ground you can see why they left...