Raj Singh

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Vodka_Vic
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:20 am

A few people were putting the name Kenny Dalglish about as an alternative to Raj Singh.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:26 am

Phlash wrote:Interesting to see some some 'Fans' opinions.
Your opinion = fan
differing opinion = 'fan'

Is that how 'it' works?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:14 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Lo, why don't you see what transpires with MG and the 2 investors before you pre judge the situation, if Dave Hodgson is involved he is as passionate about our club as Martin is.At this point in time we have to trust Martin that he has all our interests at heart, he stated that in his rallying speech and gave the room a massive lift at the end of what was a difficult evening.He asked us to trust him and he has certainly got that from me.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Martin Gray is a brilliant manager. Given the resources of a Fylde or Salford I've little doubt he'd take us to the Football League.

However what MG wants isn't the same as what is best for the club. MG basically wants the biggest pot of money available to him right now and more and more each season. He wants what is best for him otherwise he is off at the end of this season.

What the supporters group and it's members need to focus on is what is best for the long term future of this football club, not just next season or the one after.

Personally I think we'd be crazy to give up control after only 5 seasons as owners, especially given we've only been back in town for 4 months.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:08 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Lo, why don't you see what transpires with MG and the 2 investors before you pre judge the situation, if Dave Hodgson is involved he is as passionate about our club as Martin is.At this point in time we have to trust Martin that he has all our interests at heart, he stated that in his rallying speech and gave the room a massive lift at the end of what was a difficult evening.He asked us to trust him and he has certainly got that from me.

Martin Gray is a brilliant manager. Given the resources of a Fylde or Salford I've little doubt he'd take us to the Football League.

However what MG wants isn't the same as what is best for the club. MG basically wants the biggest pot of money available to him right now and more and more each season. He wants what is best for him otherwise he is off at the end of this season.

What the supporters group and it's members need to focus on is what is best for the long term future of this football club, not just next season or the one after.

Personally I think we'd be crazy to give up control after only 5 seasons as owners, especially given we've only been back in town for 4 months.

lets wait and see what these investors are about ,what they intend ,what offer is on the table , then and only then with all the facts can an informed descision be make for the good of DARLINGTON FOOTBALL CLUB.

bga

Post by bga » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:02 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:A few people were putting the name Kenny Dalglish about as an alternative to Raj Singh.
I think I can assure you Mr Dalglish Senior, is perfectly happy in his Ambassadorial role at LFC and living in Southport! What his son Paul is up to I don't know.

bga

Post by bga » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:21 pm

onewayup wrote:
Robbie Painter wrote:

lets wait and see what these investors are about ,what they intend ,what offer is on the table , then and only then with all the facts can an informed descision be make for the good of DARLINGTON FOOTBALL CLUB.
Agree with Robbie about the role of DFCSG. Wasn't at the meeting on Friday, but the only way I can interpret what happened at the end, is that this was effectively a Takeover bid. Only problem is no one knows what (if anything) is being offered. DFCSG control almost 80% of the Share capital in the Football Club, so only they can decide whether this should change.
I think following Friday, DFCSG has to consult its own Shareholders, to decide whether to formally meet with MG's interested parties to learn more, or to reject the idea of a shared ownership altogether. It is as simple as that in my view. At present we are left in limbo and we need communication from DFCSG. Remember it is OUR CLUB OUR FUTURE OUR CHOICE.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:21 pm

bga wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:A few people were putting the name Kenny Dalglish about as an alternative to Raj Singh.
I think I can assure you Mr Dalglish Senior, is perfectly happy in his Ambassadorial role at LFC and living in Southport! What his son Paul is up to I don't know.
Managing a team in Canada.

Think we are getting ahead. There has been no formal interest from an investor. MG says he spoke to a couple of people "and now I'm throwing it over to the board" who knows what that means in coming weeks.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:33 pm

Yarblockos wrote:
lo36789 wrote:I don't think MPRFC have any intention of selling their stadium...
Exactly. There is no point in an investor sitting down for discussions with MG if their whole plan is dependent upon MPRFC selling them the Arena. They need to sit down with MPRFC instead.

If there is an incentive for an investor to make money from this, I can only assume it would be by investing in the team and strengthening the links with MG's football academy. Then using the team as a way to bring young talent through before selling them on for a big price. Pretty much the only way to make money outside the PL anyway.
Four times a Quaker :?:

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:35 pm

MG mentioned, as an example, that Hodgy tried to get Kenny Dalgleish involved in the club in the past. It seems almost all these rumours come from confusions.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:36 pm

Mr_Tibbs wrote:Four times a Quaker :?:
Alan White?

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:40 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:Four times a Quaker :?:
Alan White?
Surely you jest, sir?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:42 pm

:P

Santino

Post by Santino » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:53 pm

Phlash wrote:Interesting to see some some 'Fans' opinions. if Raj does come back, are you willing to stop supporting the players, staff and volunteers who have worked tirelessly to regain a reputation for a club that was at rock bottom? If the fans don't come together on this one, the last 5 years will have been wasted.
Yes.

If Raj Singh became involved in DFC again then I would have absolutely no qualms about packing in going to games.

bga

Post by bga » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:57 pm

lo36789 wrote:
bga wrote:
Managing a team in Canada.

Think we are getting ahead. There has been no formal interest from an investor. MG says he spoke to a couple of people "and now I'm throwing it over to the board" who knows what that means in coming weeks.
Think we can both agree we need a communication from the Board (aka DFCSG?).

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:01 pm

What? The board why? Probably need something from MG and his investor(s) if anything.

bga

Post by bga » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:36 pm

lo36789 wrote:What? The board why? Probably need something from MG and his investor(s) if anything.
Because MG is proposing to take the club forward in a way currently, not it would seem, supported by the Board? We need their views surely? I believe he left it in their court at the end on Friday night.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:42 pm

Bit harsh don't you think to just announce a way forward then throw it over the fence, suddenly making it their responsibility. The board have announced their fundraising initiatives.

bga

Post by bga » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:49 pm

lo36789 wrote:Bit harsh don't you think to just announce a way forward then throw it over the fence, suddenly making it their responsibility. The board have announced their fundraising initiatives.
Agree he has been clever/mischievous but I would still like to know whether Board believe it changes anything!

coles

Post by coles » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:38 pm

What we need is the Chairman of the fans group to make a statement on what the options are. I would like to think that the board of the fans group are up to speed with the options available from Martin gray and are busy putting together a dossier to come to the fans with. If the offer from gray is a serious one (no reason to suspect otherwise) then we as fans need to understand the details of that offer so we can make an informed decision on which way we want this club to move forward be that as a fan owned club working within our means or accepting outside investment and losing ownership of our club. For me we need the investment if we want to go back in the football league but we need to have an insurance policy to ensure we don't get turned over by outside investors using our club as a play thing. As we currently stand the articles we as fans created protect us by only allowing one person to own 15% I'm not sure what we would need going going forward by means of an insurance policy maybe a war chest ringfenced incase of emergencies

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:39 pm

bga wrote:
lo36789 wrote:Bit harsh don't you think to just announce a way forward then throw it over the fence, suddenly making it their responsibility. The board have announced their fundraising initiatives.
Agree he has been clever/mischievous but I would still like to know whether Board believe it changes anything!
I imagine the board are still picking themselves up off the canvas. I, personally, don't think there was anything clever about what he did. I can think of some better words.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:05 pm

coles wrote:I would like to think that the board of the fans group are up to speed with the options available from Martin gray and are busy putting together a dossier to come to the fans with.
Did it sound/look that way to you?

Wayne Raper said he couldn't sleep because of trying to find ways to fundraise. You think if he was fully furnished of the great investor ready to commit and could put that option out that would be the case?

An offer would need to be put on the table first that the fans group could put to the fans. I suspect that the board are waiting for Martin to do some form of introduction because they can make any sort of move.

quaker4life

Post by quaker4life » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:23 pm

I am 100% confident, without even reading this thread this is complete and utter fantastical bollocks and there is nothing to discuss.
love it! wrote:Considering we are Darlington 1883 I'm happy that we are named correctly

Q8Quaker

Post by Q8Quaker » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:48 pm

bga wrote:
lo36789 wrote:What? The board why? Probably need something from MG and his investor(s) if anything.
Because MG is proposing to take the club forward in a way currently, not it would seem, supported by the Board? We need their views surely? I believe he left it in their court at the end on Friday night.
Not necessarily not supported by the board. They did say on Friday night they had tried unsuccessfully to identify external investors.

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:02 pm

I would forget all this raj Singh business, it's becoming a distraction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:13 pm

uncovered wrote:I would forget all this raj Singh business, it's becoming a distraction.

So you know for a fact that it is not true?

This Raj Singh link hasn't just been plucked out of thin air.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:55 pm

Robbie Painter wrote:
uncovered wrote:I would forget all this raj Singh business, it's becoming a distraction.

So you know for a fact that it is not true?

This Raj Singh link hasn't just been plucked out of thin air.
If the Raj Singh link is true then the takeover won't happen. End of story. So it's hardly worth debating the details.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:10 pm

Yarblockos wrote: If the Raj Singh link is true then the takeover won't happen. End of story. So it's hardly worth debating the details.

Case closed.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Feethams 1966

Post by Feethams 1966 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:06 pm

In the absence of fact there will be rumour, and I suspect that's what this RS thing is about.
The wisest advice I've read in these pages is to see who's put forward (if anyone) and what transpires before making an informed decision.
I believe in Gray. This is the man who blew on the embers and fanned the team back to life 4 years ago. Through his loyalty and commitment he has demonstrated his affinity to the club and has nailed his colours to the mast. He's turned down other offers. The only crime he's guilty of is over-achievement. Perhaps the long road back was supposed to take longer.
If he does have investors waiting in the wings, I'm sure they'd be people he feels will be good for the club he loves.
If it came to a choice between giving control to somebody with the cash or staying as we are (and possibly going backwards) I'd chance it and take the former. It would be absurd to be telling the side to ease off in a half time team talk because they were progressing too far up the league table.
Surrendering control is a bit like getting married; it's a leap of faith. Some marriages end in divorce but just because things went wrong last time doesn't guarantee it must happen again. Sometimes you just have to live dangerously and take a chance. Or you can stay single and avoid the risk all together.
In all of this, what I hope for most is MG in full co-operation with his board on the same wavelength. Nobody can doubt his ability as a football manager and that's one of the biggest pluses here; we've got one of the very best.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:12 pm

Here, here

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:22 pm

If an offer were to be made by an external investor (or two), I guess one of the questions which would need to be asked is where the funds are coming from. It isn't unheard of for funds to be invested on somebody's behalf by more friendly faces at the negotiating table.

Edit: To be clear, this is just me mulling over all the speculation and doesn't in any way suggest that I have any knowledge or belief that this is happening.
Last edited by Allan Quatermain on Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”