Season Tickets Ready

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

shawry
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Season Tickets Ready

Post by shawry » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:06 am

Darlofan97 wrote:Great comparison between a club that will have full-time administrative staff and another ran on volunteers giving their spare time to the club.
Why is us being run by volunteers a reason not to sell one? I accept the other reasons about printing etc, it's why I didn't follow up my ask when told sorry I'd missed the deadline.

But to see that someone has apparently managed to get one since is a bit disappointing though, yet still we try to belittle people for asking a question.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:21 am

Is it possible that the person at QR was sorting out a problem with an application before the deadline and had contacted tickets@darlingtonfc.org to resolve

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:04 am

shawry wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:Great comparison between a club that will have full-time administrative staff and another ran on volunteers giving their spare time to the club.
Why is us being run by volunteers a reason not to sell one? I accept the other reasons about printing etc, it's why I didn't follow up my ask when told sorry I'd missed the deadline.

But to see that someone has apparently managed to get one since is a bit disappointing though, yet still we try to belittle people for asking a question.

Doomer pointed out that his York supporting mate could buy a season-ticket up until the first home game of the season, whereas he could not for Darlington.

I'm not saying that us being ran by volunteers is a reason for not selling one. I'm saying that you can't compare us to York, as they will have full-time staff available every day to sort this kind of thing out, whereas it may not be quite as feasible for a club ran on volunteers that are restricted to when they can/can't work.

And nobody's belittling anybody, I hope that he gets one! You just shouldn't find it ridiculous that you can't get a season ticket 3 weeks after the deadline has closed. Nor should you really be comparing this situation to York, who will have much more resource available to them to accommodate this sort of thing.

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:55 am

No you shouldn't expect to get one but when someone posts that someone they knew got one the day before it kinda sucks

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:11 am

shawry wrote:No you shouldn't expect to get one but when someone posts that someone they knew got one the day before it kinda sucks

So it is possible they had sorted a problem out via tickets@darlingtonfc.org?

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:30 am

I was hoping to get one on Monday when I come back from holiday been away over 3 weeks so does not sound promising

SFG

Post by SFG » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:57 am

Presumably there will be somewhere that we can pick up our new season tickets at tomorrow's game?

divas

Post by divas » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:44 am

SFG wrote:Presumably there will be somewhere that we can pick up our new season tickets at tomorrow's game?
Yes, there will be retail staff at the ground tomorrow. I expect a comms will go out pretty soon stating where they will be

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:11 pm

darlo reborn wrote:I was hoping to get one on Monday when I come back from holiday been away over 3 weeks so does not sound promising
Did you manage to get one???

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:21 pm

did not try as too busy at work to get down to dolphin centre will just pay on day this season for a change

Darlo_Dan

Post by Darlo_Dan » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:49 pm

I assume you will be able to pick up seasons tickets at the ground tomorrow? Been away recently so not had chance to pick it up yet.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:26 pm