Season Tickets Ready

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlodog
Team Supported: Darlington

Season Tickets Ready

Post by darlodog » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:20 pm

On official site

The bulk of the season tickets will be ready for collection at both the Newcastle XI and Sunderland XI friendlies this coming Saturday and Tuesday.

The season ticket is a new design incorporating the Virgin Trains logo which will be used when we announce the Virgin Trains travel club discount for the start of the season. Tickets that are available to pick up from Quaker Retail at the Northern Echo Arena are:

Existing & renewed 500 Club memberships
Vice President memberships
New 500 Club standing tickets
2016/17 standing tickets

A huge thank you goes out to Andrew Long who has designed and printed all the tickets, a first class volunteer.

Neil Johnson

Re: Season Tickets Ready

Post by Neil Johnson » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:37 pm

darlodog wrote:On official site

The bulk of the season tickets will be ready for collection at both the Newcastle XI and Sunderland XI friendlies this coming Saturday and Tuesday.

The season ticket is a new design incorporating the Virgin Trains logo which will be used when we announce the Virgin Trains travel club discount for the start of the season. Tickets that are available to pick up from Quaker Retail at the Northern Echo Arena are:

Existing & renewed 500 Club memberships
Vice President memberships
New 500 Club standing tickets
2016/17 standing tickets

Well Done : Like the shirts another early supply, providing more time for fans' collection.

A huge thank you goes out to Andrew Long who has designed and printed all the tickets, a first class volunteer.

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:42 pm

Great post Neil Johnson.
Think before posting

SFG

Post by SFG » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:08 pm

So existing 5 year season ticket holders need to get a replacement?

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:38 am

SFG wrote:So existing 5 year season ticket holders need to get a replacement?
Just checked my old one and it says 2015-2016 on it, so presumably replacements are required. :roll:

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:53 am

I think the premise of the 5 years was that you have a season ticket for 5 seasons not necessarily that it was the same ticket that lasted for 5 seasons.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:48 pm

lo36789 wrote:
I think the premise of the 5 years was that you have a season ticket for 5 seasons not necessarily that it was the same ticket that lasted for 5 seasons.[/quote
Well it should of to be fair because it would of saved on cost of reprinting... Unless of course they are printed by a nice company who are darlo fans for free..

darlodog

Post by darlodog » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:11 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
I think the premise of the 5 years was that you have a season ticket for 5 seasons not necessarily that it was the same ticket that lasted for 5 seasons.[/quote
Well it should of to be fair because it would of saved on cost of reprinting... Unless of course they are printed by a nice company who are darlo fans for free..
The reason for a new 500 ST is that you benefit from the forthcoming Virgin Trains travel club, if you don't have there logo you don't get in. Let's not moan but support the board/DFCSG as without them we would be nowhere.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:07 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
There's a different amount of home games this season than last and if we gain promotion again there'll be a different number of home games once again. Also having just 1 season ticket for 5 years isn't ideal when you consider wear and tear and the possibility of losing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:37 pm

Can you still buy a season ticket after the season starts as I`m not back until the 7th august and not been able to get to the shop

liddle_4_ever

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:59 pm

I presume that would be ok, obviously without a pro rata discount for the missed game/s.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:33 pm

Season ticket deadline has now passed I believe

liddle_4_ever

Post by liddle_4_ever » Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:43 am

Any football club turning down a fan who wants to buy a season ticket at any point would be stupid. He might have missed the print deadline but where there's a will there's a way.

Darlo1235

Post by Darlo1235 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:45 am

How many have we sold including the 500 club. We must know how many.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:32 pm

Darlo1235 wrote:How many have we sold including the 500 club. We must know how many.
I'm sure the figures are known, but the figures never seem to be posted on here by those that know.

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:17 am

Can anyone let me know where I can collect these from now? Dolphin Centre club shop?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:53 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlo1235 wrote:How many have we sold including the 500 club. We must know how many.
I'm sure the figures are known, but the figures never seem to be posted on here by those that know.
Why would they? This is not an official news outlet of the club.

I am sure if you asked the club they would probably tell you. I've recently been through a leadership course from Marty Cohen and one of the principles is that spontaneous combustion doesn't happen. For something to change you need to do something about it not just say "this should change".

You are the epitome of that aren't you?

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:22 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Why would they? This is not an official news outlet of the club.

I am sure if you asked the club they would probably tell you. I've recently been through a leadership course from Marty Cohen and one of the principles is that spontaneous combustion doesn't happen. For something to change you need to do something about it not just say "this should change".

You are the epitome of that aren't you?
*Retweet*
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:34 pm

liddle_4_ever wrote:Any football club turning down a fan who wants to buy a season ticket at any point would be stupid. He might have missed the print deadline but where there's a will there's a way.

Agreed.

When I was in a similar situation a few seasons ago, the club told me that 'they could sort something out' if I wished them to.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:14 pm

BaronsCourtQuaker wrote:Can anyone let me know where I can collect these from now? Dolphin Centre club shop?
Available from Quaker Retail in the Dolphin Centre between 10am and 1pm Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:38 pm

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
BaronsCourtQuaker wrote:Can anyone let me know where I can collect these from now? Dolphin Centre club shop?
Available from Quaker Retail in the Dolphin Centre between 10am and 1pm Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Thanks, as I work in Newcastle is it OK for someone to pick them up on my behalf?

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:09 pm

BaronsCourtQuaker wrote:
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Thanks, as I work in Newcastle is it OK for someone to pick them up on my behalf?
That will be fine, but advisable to email shop@dfc1883.co.uk to let them who is going to collect them on your behalf.

BaronsCourtQuaker

Post by BaronsCourtQuaker » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:54 am

[/quote] That will be fine, but advisable to email shop@dfc1883.co.uk to let them who is going to collect them on your behalf.[/quote]

thanks

charlie

Post by charlie » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:00 pm

I only paid for mine on Monday so still available

doomer

Post by doomer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:54 pm

I went to the dolphin centre today to see If you can still buy a season ticket and was told it was to late. I do find this ridiculous a football club turning down £210.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:01 am

doomer wrote:I went to the dolphin centre today to see If you can still buy a season ticket and was told it was to late. I do find this ridiculous a football club turning down £210.
You find it ridiculous that you've been turned down for a season ticket almost 3 weeks after the deadline closed for applications? 3 days before the season starts.

I haven't had a season ticket since 2013/2014, but at a guess they still have to be printed with your name and sponsors on etc. And at another educated guess they all get sent off as a batch for printing just after the 15th July deadline.

It probably wasn't viable to get just the one season ticket printed and back to you before the beginning of the season/first home game. I hardly's doubt the club would turn down £210 just for the sake of it.

TDS

Post by TDS » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:10 am

I know somebody who bought one yesterday. I guess the club is not in a position to turn money down.

doomer

Post by doomer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:23 pm

Only saying what I got told at the dolphin centre yesterday. I know a York supporter and he can buy one at anytime before the first home game.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:01 pm

Great comparison between a club that will have full-time administrative staff and another ran on volunteers giving their spare time to the club.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:28 pm

doomer wrote:Only saying what I got told at the dolphin centre yesterday. I know a York supporter and he can buy one at anytime before the first home game.
I've pm'd you