Darlington FC V Warrington Town

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by poppyfield » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:16 am

A few days to go, are we ready? imo its hard to tell with the pre season we have had, 4 good signings Armstrong, Hatch, Mitchell and Portas. Scott is looking fit again which is a massive plus. How we line up on Saturday is still open to speculation and everyone has there own idea, we will find out soon enough.
One things for sure the players will be well rested before the season starts, this season is going tough no doubt about it.
Not sure how MGs ban will effect the team, or how long it will be, could be 5/6 games.
We had 1176 turn up for this opening game last season,i hope we can match that, in some ways it will be a litmus test to see how another season at HP will impact those attending.
As always its vital we get off to a good start :thumbup:
Last edited by poppyfield on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Bogratsteve

Re: Darlington FC V Warrington Town

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:58 am

Trying to get excited about it but struggling, i'm sure once i'm there on Saturday the enthusiasm will return, vital we get the win and get to the top and stay there, this year I want us to be the feared team.

Darlo Till I Die

Post by Darlo Till I Die » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:43 pm

Predictions anyone?

2-1 to Warrington. They have a very good side and we haven't been the best in pre season. Hope I'm wrong!

1190 attendance.
Our Football Clubs Are For Life Not Just For Business

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:52 pm

1-1

917 att

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:59 pm

Can't wait for it now will put a blog up sometime this week.

With all the Salford/spenny talk Warrington have been forgot about any idea if they have signed many players?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:42 pm

I am excited for the footy season starting now.

I still can't believe after last season, where all our talk was of being too light in CM and RB and our net change in players has been -1 CB & +1 ST.

We still did well last year, have to remember that. We comfortably finished above everyone but Curzon Ashton. The only teams to take 6 points from us were promoted.

Oh and a prediction. 2-0. Dowson & Purewal. Att. 1,083

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:45 pm

I think we need an another full back and central midfielder - perhaps if/when Fisher goes we may see some more arrivals. We've got a good first 11 - better than the one that finished last season. I can't say I'm particularly excited about the season - probably a combination of a World Cup summer, the way last season ended, and another season in the nonleague wilderness playing out of town. However, I'm sure when 3pm on Saturday comes around I'll start being interested again.

The game - I reckon we will win. I'll go for 2-1. Probably just over 1000 in attendance.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:52 pm

lo36789 wrote:I am excited for the footy season starting now.

I still can't believe after last season, where all our talk was of being too light in CM and RB and our net change in players has been -1 CB & +1 ST.

We still did well last year, have to remember that. We comfortably finished above everyone but Curzon Ashton. The only teams to take 6 points from us were promoted.

Oh and a prediction. 2-0. Dowson & Purewal. Att. 1,083
What about Portas?

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:58 pm

Yeh but Davis left. 1 CM out, 1 CM in net 0.

Tait out (-1 CB)
Ward out, Hatch & Armstrong in (+1 ST)

We are just as light as we ever were in our problem positions.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:04 pm

It's always been quality over quantity so no point looking at it in terms of numbers. Are we stronger man for man this season should be the question and I'd say yes we are.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:30 pm

Thing was we were absolutely fine last season until suspensions/injuries hit. Our problem was the depth in the squad. It is all very well having Portas as our only out and out CM with Robinson, Galbraith and Scott playing alongside him. If Galbraith and Walker get injured/have work/suspended. Robinson goes to RB, Scott goes LB and uh-oh Gary Brown goes CM.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:36 pm

lo36789 wrote:Thing was we were absolutely fine last season until suspensions/injuries hit. Our problem was the depth in the squad. It is all very well having Portas as our only out and out CM with Robinson, Galbraith and Scott playing alongside him. If Galbraith and Walker get injured/have work/suspended. Robinson goes to RB, Scott goes LB and uh-oh Gary Brown goes CM.
True, i would rather see Galbraith into CM and Brown RB and Walker LB if something happens to the CM's or even Hopson slotted in CM but I can't see him getting much game time this season for some reason - Though some of the youths stood up and marked a place on the bench for this season - the big CB looked a handy unit

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:05 pm

lo36789 wrote:Thing was we were absolutely fine last season until suspensions/injuries hit. Our problem was the depth in the squad. It is all very well having Portas as our only out and out CM with Robinson, Galbraith and Scott playing alongside him. If Galbraith and Walker get injured/have work/suspended. Robinson goes to RB, Scott goes LB and uh-oh Gary Brown goes CM.
Money.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:35 am

lo36789 wrote:I am excited for the footy season starting now.

But there's not many players around that are available to us and could improve those positions, and some of those players that could do (McReady, Henry) signed for Spenny.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:40 am

lo36789 wrote:Yeh but Davis left. 1 CM out, 1 CM in net 0.

Tait out (-1 CB)
Ward out, Hatch & Armstrong in (+1 ST)

We are just as light as we ever were in our problem positions.
Players who can play CM - Portas, Scott, Galbraith, Hopson, Robinson.

I'd have liked to have seen another right back come in, but again, you think you've found one and everybody is commenting on how class the trialist looked, and the next thing you know, the trialist is looking class for Spennymoor.

What exactly do you expect us to do, when we have a club up the road who will just sign anyone that they fancy.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:05 am

Quakerz wrote:What exactly do you expect us to do, when we have a club up the road who will just sign anyone that they fancy.

This is the grim reality of our present situation! We are Darlo, we should be smashing the likes of Spennymoor and Salford into oblivion. But unfortunately we're worried, and rightly so because if we don't get promotion this season and get stuck ;) in this league, then I can see momentum/interest/attendances rapidly fading away.

The stakes are high here. We need Martin Gray and his team to produce.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlofart

Post by Darlofart » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:14 am

Gray's had all pre season to sort out the right back slot and for me there's no excuse for not strengthening in that position. As much a I like Gary Brown he's clearly not a full back and if he's played in that position agains the likes of Spendymore they'll tear us apart. Hopefully we can get a decent player in on loan fairly rapidly.
Ppprrrrrrp ffffffffft

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:40 am

Quakerz wrote:Players who can play CM - Portas, Scott, Galbraith, Hopson, Robinson.
I am merely calling out we have exactly the same number as last year when we found we didn't have enough depth.

In the playoff final Hopson stayed on the bench and Gary Brown went into midfield. I don't actually think Gray knows where to use Hopson effectively. It's hard he is a bit of a luxury player.

The example I have is we lose Jack Walker and Galbraith to circumstances then we suddenly become quite frail in the centre of midfield. It's one of the pitfalls of relying on versatile players - but I guess it is what we have to do. I think I said this before it became apparant that Marrs maybe Spennymoor bound.

JPearson97

Post by JPearson97 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:18 pm

lo36789 wrote: In the playoff final Hopson stayed on the bench and Gary Brown went into midfield. I don't actually think Gray knows where to use Hopson effectively. It's hard he is a bit of a luxury player.
I think that's something to do with the fact that Hopson suffered a bad injury against Burscough and consequently wasn't even on the bench against Ramsbottom.

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:37 pm

3-1 darlo
Hatch, Purewal x2
Attendance 1003

Quakers1883
Team Supported: Quakers

Post by Quakers1883 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Darlo Till I Die wrote:Predictions anyone?

2-1 to Warrington. They have a very good side and we haven't been the best in pre season. Hope I'm wrong!

1190 attendance.
Darlo 0 - 2 Warrington
Att 904
FORZA DARLO

Sidarlo

Post by Sidarlo » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:57 pm

Finallly got round to doing a quick preview for tomorrow.

I'd take 4 from the first two games so hopefully we get three points tomorrow

http://simonhahn89.wordpress.com/2014/0 ... gton-town/

darlodave1974

Post by darlodave1974 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:04 pm

2-0 to Darlo
Hatch & Armstrong

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:08 pm

Team for tomorrow...

The HITMAN

Subs - Bell, Jameson, Walker, White, Hunter, Brown, Scott, Galbraith, Robinson, Mitchell, Thompson, Hopson, Portas, Fisher, Dowson, Armstrong, Purewal.

Score - 2-0

Scorers - The HITMAN (2)

Crowd - 2,000 (to see The HITMAN)

No pressure Liam.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:22 pm

Quakerz wrote:Team for tomorrow...

The HITMAN

Subs - Bell, Jameson, Walker, White, Hunter, Brown, Scott, Galbraith, Robinson, Mitchell, Thompson, Hopson, Portas, Fisher, Dowson, Armstrong, Purewal.

Score - 2-0

Scorers - The HITMAN (2)

No pressure Liam.
Bravo

BUSHEAD

Post by BUSHEAD » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:40 pm

1-1
Att: 693
Think before posting

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:02 pm

BUSHEAD wrote:Att: 693
I hope we don't open the season lower than our lowest of all of last season!
2012/13 average (1,318) low (789)
2013/14 average (1,097) low (697)

I think we will have a circa 500 attendance this season. Ossett Albion on Wednesday 15th October will is my bet for this seasons lowest attendance!

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:49 am

Well todays the day, good luck to the lads, lets hope for a good game, a win and a decent crowd.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:37 am

Quakerz wrote:Team for tomorrow...

The HITMAN

Score - 2-0

Scorers - The HITMAN (2)

No pressure Liam.
Unless, of course, he is played in defence! Then, he may only get one lol.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

divas

Post by divas » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:25 am

3-1 and we'll wonder what all the fuss was about