Farsley v Darlington Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

MikeinBlack2
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Farsley v Darlington Match Thread

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:43 pm

joejaques wrote:
MikeinBlack2 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
MikeinBlack2 wrote:Jesus! Missed a penalty
When did we sign him? Can he play centre half?
Might be able to part their defence so we can walk the ball in lol

Only if their defence is made of water. :roll:
Ours was today!
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Ash_Quaker

Post by Ash_Quaker » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:45 pm

MikeinBlack2 wrote:
joejaques wrote:
MikeinBlack2 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:
MikeinBlack2 wrote:Jesus! Missed a penalty
When did we sign him? Can he play centre half?
Might be able to part their defence so we can walk the ball in lol

Ours was today!
Alright Mike, we get it.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:46 pm

MikeinBlack2 wrote:WTF is going on? 3-0 down!!!!!! Have we teleported back to our last Conference season?
Bet your arms are tired from all this flapping

darlo gbh

Post by darlo gbh » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:51 pm

A very sobering reality check !!!!!!!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:58 pm

361 matches were won in this division last season...that means that 361 matches were also lost.

The second least number of matches lost was 8. Think we can cope with 1. There is your reality check. Teams sometimes lose...it isn't something to be scared of!

JPearson97

Post by JPearson97 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:00 pm

It'll do us good in the long run.

charlie

Post by charlie » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:00 pm

lo36789 wrote:361 matches were won in this division last season...that means that 361 matches were also lost.

The second least number of matches lost was 8. Think we can cope with 1. There is your reality check. Teams sometimes lose...it isn't something to be scared of!
We're not used to it after last season, anyway roll on Monday

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:02 pm

Losing 4-1 to Guisborough was a much bigger shock, and we responded with 13 straight wins.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:04 pm

This might actually do us good. Still think we need to strengthen our defence though - I understand that MG has been happy with Leon slotting in there but at the end of the day, we really need to be looking for someone more permanent.

Quite disappointed we lost out on Leon Ryan to be honest.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

PaulMJohnson

Post by PaulMJohnson » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:07 pm

Quakerz wrote:Losing 4-1 to Guisborough was a much bigger shock, and we responded with 13 straight wins.
Absolutely right.

We also have to remember is is coming after an extremely arduous trip midweek. Players are going to be tired after something like that.

Gray will rally them the same as he did post-Guisborough.

This is something that was going to happen sometime. No more than that.

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:08 pm

Look on the bright side lads, at least the 'angers got beat as well...and they were at home. :roll:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:09 pm

Hilly wrote:This might actually do us good. Still think we need to strengthen our defence though - I understand that MG has been happy with Leon slotting in there but at the end of the day, we really need to be looking for someone more permanent.

Did we "lose out" on Ryan?

Has it been confirmed that we were after him? I know he would have like to have played for us.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:11 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Hilly wrote:This might actually do us good. Still think we need to strengthen our defence though - I understand that MG has been happy with Leon slotting in there but at the end of the day, we really need to be looking for someone more permanent.

Did we "lose out" on Ryan?

Has it been confirmed that we were after him? I know he would have like to have played for us.
I think we showed an interest, don't know much more though.

JPearson97

Post by JPearson97 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:12 pm

To be honest, I agree 100%.

Don't get me wrong, Scott has done very well in the first two games, no doubt about it, but I just feel we need a proper centre-half back there.

Plus, how good is he at left-back? Very good.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:12 pm

Spennymoor weren't keen on a loan deal, sadly.

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Better team won on the day, simple as that really. We don't have an automatic right to win! We started brightly and had three good chances in the first 10 minutes but the penalty really picked Farsley up. After that, they were brighter, more physical, won more 50-50s and ran at our defence directly.

Scott and Robinson got a bit of a bullying and we looked weak defensively.

Pitch was wide which meant with us laying two wingers that Galbraith and Davis were completely over run and spent most of the time 20 yards apart.

Despite the huge pitch, Moore defied geometry by managing to avoid finding space all the way through the game.

I thought Johnson was impressive, Thomson dangerous, Bell excellent and Robinson impressed me by moving the ball on quickly when he came on, so not all bad.

At the end of the day though, we defended poorly, ended up chasing the game and were punished by a very reasonable team who were well up for it. Farsley would be at the very top end of the Northern League, so I'm not buying all this poorer quality argument.

Win on Monday and we'll be 9 from 4 games, championship form - so not all doom and gloom.

JPearson97

Post by JPearson97 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:57 pm

MikeinBlack2 wrote:
joejaques wrote:
Ours was today!
Seriously Mike, have a word.

Listen, no matter how individually gifted our current defenders are, it was ALWAYS going to take time for them to gel properly. One of the main reasons why our defence was impenetrable last season was because it was essentially the same back four playing week in, week out.

Now yes we replaced Harrison with Hunter, and yes we had a ready made replacement for Tait in Jordan Robinson, but up until Brown's injury the defence was very much make-shift; square pegs in round holes if you like. Brown's injury then essentially threw everything up in the air. Couple that with Jordan Robinson picking up a knock and we were looking at our last two pre-season friendlies with not one proper, recognised centre-back. Not exactly ideal, is it?

Fast forward a couple of weeks and a select few start hitting the panic button. The defensive fragilities weren't exactly going to vanish, were they? How the players bounce back from this is all I'm bothered about. Gray could either sign a proper centre-back or roll with what he has got and wait until Brown is back. It'll be an interesting call but what people have to understand is that these things take time and we'll no doubt get better as time progresses.

Stylecounciller

Post by Stylecounciller » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:11 pm

Just got back from today's game, absolutely dreadful we where people can dress it up all they like we where absolutely shite! Hunter was terrible he gave every single pass away Scott was beaten by his man to the ball every time he got turned inside out every attack,
Our game plan was just lump the ball forward to nobody, Galbraith looked out of his depth he also gave every pass away mis timed challenges and generally looked lost he new he had nightmare when he got subbed.

Only positives was Thompson and Johnson did ok even though they where chasing wayward passes all game. Paul Robinson came on and lifted the team.

Although we where completely Shite we should still have got something from the game the ref was as bad as our back four!

Speaking of the back four leon Scott and chris hunter where found out today we need their positioning was disgraceful they where all over the place.

Anyway hopefully Gray will notice that our back four is very weak at the minute.
Motm bell made some cracking saves they had 5 other good efforts as well as the four they scored, I can't remember ever giving teams that many chances last season!

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:38 pm

Stylecounciller wrote:Just got back from today's game, absolutely dreadful we where people can dress it up all they like we where absolutely shite! Hunter was terrible he gave every single pass away Scott was beaten by his man to the ball every time he got turned inside out every attack,
Our game plan was just lump the ball forward to nobody, Galbraith looked out of his depth he also gave every pass away mis timed challenges and generally looked lost he new he had nightmare when he got subbed.

Only positives was Thompson and Johnson did ok even though they where chasing wayward passes all game. Paul Robinson came on and lifted the team.

Although we where completely Shite we should still have got something from the game the ref was as bad as our back four!

Speaking of the back four leon Scott and chris hunter where found out today we need their positioning was disgraceful they where all over the place.

Anyway hopefully Gray will notice that our back four is very weak at the minute.
Motm bell made some cracking saves they had 5 other good efforts as well as the four they scored, I can't remember ever giving teams that many chances last season!
Fuck off man, absolute shite!!!
QuakerSam ...Once a Quaker, always a Quaker

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:52 pm

stylecounciller, got it spot on for me ,hunter was absolutely crap in this game , he was not alone to many of our players stood off their players allowing themneeded the advantage,and boy did they make us pay, a sad day at the office,lets hope that it,s a kick up the backside that

Stylecounciller

Post by Stylecounciller » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:56 pm

Were you there quakersam? If you were your football knowledge needs looking at, I'm not saying it's season over I'm pointing out how bad we were. We were well below our potential!

micra3

Post by micra3 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:00 pm

Stylecounciller wrote:Just got back from today's game, absolutely dreadful we where people can dress it up all they like we where absolutely shite! Hunter was terrible he gave every single pass away Scott was beaten by his man to the ball every time he got turned inside out every attack,

Must admit LS is not a centre half Hunter had a stinker although Jordon Robinson was ok
M I C R A 3

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:02 pm

Stylecounciller wrote:Were you there quakersam? If you were your football knowledge needs looking at, I'm not saying it's season over I'm pointing out how bad we were. We were well below our potential!
I was actually, and thanks but I think it's rather the opposite. I'm not disagreeing that we were well below the standards we have set in the first two games but slating the lads isn't exactly the way to go.
Saying Hunter gave away every pass is absolute tosh because he didn't, Galbraith also didn't give every pass away, Terry wasn't at his best today and I'm sure he'll agree but out of his depth? He was the best player on the park on Tuesday night, I guess you weren't at that game?

First half we were dreadful playing the same long ball down the channels, but second half we looked much better as we started to play the ball along the floor and get the wingers involved. Left hand side we actually created some chances through Thommo and Weldon.
It's a kick up the arse, but Farsley are no mugs, they finished in the playoffs last season and their number 10 pulled our pants down today

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:03 pm

Is There highlights I swear Dowson's goal was onside

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:04 pm

Stylecounciller wrote:Were you there quakersam? If you were your football knowledge needs looking at, I'm not saying it's season over I'm pointing out how bad we were. We were well below our potential!
Yep we were as bad today as we were good on Tuesday. I am sure MG has learned a lot about it but we shouldn't panic.

If we scored in the first 10/15 minutes when we were on top things could of been different but once they caught us for the first goal, we seemed to panic at being 1-0 down.

We had no joy down our right side at all today, centre midfield was like a big hole and defensively we were not on it. The difference in this league is when your not on your game you get punished and we did.

Quite excited to see how we respond on Monday.

Twintowers

Post by Twintowers » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:05 pm

quakersam wrote:

Fuck off man, absolute shite!!!

Seconded.Fuck off.Certainly were'nt at the races today but that enlightened report is total bollocks.

Stylecounciller

Post by Stylecounciller » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:16 pm

Unfortunately I don't have a liberal view on things so the fact I and pretty much everyone around where we were stood thought the same to me is ok a slightly over zealous review but a fair assumption I'm sure if you asked the players how they thought the performance was the word "shite" would pop up more than once!! Hunter gave away 8 passes in a row and managed to cock up and over run at least 3 forward runs he made I was stood right next to the where this happened someone even shouted "howay hunter what's going on " he replied thats was f***ing shite I know!! I'm nit saying the lads a bad player at all I'm not saying any if the lads are but today they tripe up the right where we were stood!

I'm more than confident in us getting a result Monday, and to answer your question sam no i wasn't at Bamber bridge. Tez might have been outstanding tuesday but thats not what this thread is about he had a mare today dress it up how you want!

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Any word on Bell and P.Robinson? Both looked like they were hobbling off at the end. Shame because I thought in spite of the result the two of them were our better players on the day

quakersam

Post by quakersam » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:56 pm

JE93 wrote:Any word on Bell and P.Robinson? Both looked like they were hobbling off at the end. Shame because I thought in spite of the result the two of them were our better players on the day
Robinson seemed to take a knock in a challenge just after he came on when their lad went through the back of him but I'm sure he'll be okay. He showed some class on the ball when he came on

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:57 pm

CrazyDarlo wrote:Is There highlights I swear Dowson's goal was onside
Dowson was onside but I think the offside was given against Johnson who seemed to move from an offside position before receiving the ball and laying it off to Dowson.