Leon Ryan ( towering defender )

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Markodarlo
Team Supported: Darlington

Leon Ryan ( towering defender )

Post by Markodarlo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:59 pm

@SpennymoorTown: @Jayainsley7 has announced that Leon Ryan is available for transfer. All inquiries direct to Jason please.

Markodarlo

Re: Leon Ryan ( towering defender )

Post by Markodarlo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:00 pm

Leon Ryan (Defender) – Towering defender now in his 4th season since making the move from Whitley Bay. Leon, 31, has won everything there is to win at step five and is easily the most decorated player at the club. Started his career as a striker for Middlesbrough before moves in the Football League to Scunthorpe United and Halifax Town. Leon joined Whitley Bay and captained the side at the heart of defence winning two F.A.Vase medals and the Northumberland Senior Cup before joining Moors in the summer of 2010 and has won seven trophies making over 100 appearances.

JPearson97

Post by JPearson97 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:03 pm

He'd be a good signing, certainly someone who could fill in for Brown, but I guess that it'd all depend on how much Spennymoor want for him and if we have enough money left in the budget.

Markodarlo

Post by Markodarlo » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:12 pm

Apparently they paid £7500 for him from Whitby, 4 years down the line, can't be a massive amount now.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:15 pm

We were apparently interested in him last summer. I wonder if Spennymoor would be more willing to sell to a club for next to nothing if they are not league rivals and to not stand in Ryan's way if he wants to play higher?

It seems strange looking at a player who has been transfer listed at a club in a league below, but that's the quality Spennymoor have this season.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Any chance of a loan in the short term and if he performs well, perhaps we can make it permanent.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:08 am

A brace of Leons at the back sounds good to me.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Ingleby

Post by Ingleby » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:00 am

Thought he'd come on a free tbh.
But if not a friendly next year should be more than enough.
For you to insult me, I must first value your opinion.

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:16 am

Wonder why with the season just started that he's released now, seems strange but if he's good then could be what we need

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:25 am

Bogratsteve wrote:Wonder why with the season just started that he's released now, seems strange but if he's good then could be what we need
Maybe so he can sign for us, I'm sure that the Echo says that we are in talks with a view to get two players in by Saturday, one being a defender.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:29 pm

Wonder what Paul Johnson is doing who got released by Hartlepool season at the end of last season. i guess he'd probably still have better options.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:33 pm

princes town wrote:Wonder what Paul Johnson is doing who got released by Hartlepool season at the end of last season. i guess he'd probably still have better options.
He's signed for Celtic Nation.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:07 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
princes town wrote:Wonder what Paul Johnson is doing who got released by Hartlepool season at the end of last season. i guess he'd probably still have better options.
crikey. thanks for the information. decent player.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:15 pm

princes town wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:
crikey. thanks for the information. decent player.
Looked handy in the Conference for us and he was apparently very good for Workington in the Conference North. Celtic Nation have been making a few signings of that calibre.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:42 pm

Yet Celtic Nation are still losing 1-0 at Billingham Town, the place where we waltzed to an easy 7-1 victory.

They can sign all the players they want but they will always be plastic and not good enough to get out of the Northern League. Words cannot describe how much disdain I have for that "project".

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:13 pm

Quakerz wrote:Yet Celtic Nation are still losing 1-0 at Billingham Town, the place where we waltzed to an easy 7-1 victory.

They can sign all the players they want but they will always be plastic and not good enough to get out of the Northern League. Words cannot describe how much disdain I have for that "project".
I agree.

Getting the players motivated to put in the graft our players did last season will be a big pitfall for them, IMO.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:37 pm

Just noticed Spenny got beaten by West 3-1 even though as per the norm West played 50 minutes with 10 men , that should bring them down to earth with a bump, getting far too big for their boots. On the topic of Leon Ryan I saw him play twice last season and is a big strong lad who lets very little past him, not the quickest but would be a good signing, very experienced.

mensamoo

Post by mensamoo » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:48 pm

Celtic Nation dominated the second half, beating Billingham T 2-1. Not earth shattering though and will not be title contenders.
let's get a new FA. This one's broken.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:50 pm

Not sure it's anything to go by but Leon has followed official darlo, darlo uncovered and darlo trust on twitter in the last day or so. Read into that what you will.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:11 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Not sure it's anything to go by but Leon has followed official darlo, darlo uncovered and darlo trust on twitter in the last day or so. Read into that what you will.
Along with Brian Atkinson following him it's a done deal.

Welcome to the club Leon.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:16 pm

Signed for Whitley Bay all accounts, he was interested in a move to Darlo but I guess cost or MG interest was the reason not to happen.