No more match updates for now

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

fat tony
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: No more match updates for now

Post by fat tony » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:38 pm

Not to be arselicky, but I think the mods do a grand job. If I was in charge I'd go ban mental over the throbbing weapons on here - and that's not just the Poolie obsessives and bottom-feeding Northern league yokels.

Hope the Twitter thing gets sorted and match updates aren't in jeopardy for the new season - they're very useful.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:57 am

shawry wrote:
I think if a post has to be moderated then the moderator should put an edit saying what theyve done, rather than just deleting posts

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

You mean like:

edit: botrash removed fuck and bugger from this post.
reason: offensive words like fuck and bugger were used.

?????
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Manc

Post by Darlo_Manc » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:08 pm

I moderate another forum where swearing isn't allowed and anything close to a descent to name calling is harshly dealt with, I've not been on any forum that is more lenient than this one to be honest.

If something is deleted or changed then maybe a PM to the person who wrote it should be done but thats it, no need for the whole forum to be knowing.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Somebody's doing the match updates it seems.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

micra3

Post by micra3 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:38 pm

Was it Sam doing the updates ?
M I C R A 3

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:03 pm

micra3 wrote:Was it Sam doing the updates ?
No mention of Bellsy, Gotto, Leonseo, Thommo, Tez, Bez, Jez and AJ, so I suspect not.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

carver30

Post by carver30 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:25 am

08031995 wrote:u mentioned buses, dont use twitter etc but did u mention supporters club buses? as ive heard the 1883 draw money set up by Supporters club but part of fundraising is advertised as going to the club but is sat in a bank account doing nothing club hasnt seen penny since earlier this year, if your promoting them im not surprised youve been blocked
I have to admit I'd like to see a bit more transparency from the supporters club in respect to how much fans money is held whether its in a high interest account and how and when they intend to next make a payment as if its last payment was February to me that's surprising as obviously doing the 1883 lottery I thought my money was bring paid monthly directly to the club. Anyone know?

TDS

Post by TDS » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:03 am

If anything it creates a feel good factor and doing some PR on the cash transfer is another way to increase visibility and transparency.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:30 am

carver30 wrote:
08031995 wrote:u mentioned buses, dont use twitter etc but did u mention supporters club buses? as ive heard the 1883 draw money set up by Supporters club but part of fundraising is advertised as going to the club but is sat in a bank account doing nothing club hasnt seen penny since earlier this year, if your promoting them im not surprised youve been blocked
I have to admit I'd like to see a bit more transparency from the supporters club in respect to how much fans money is held whether its in a high interest account and how and when they intend to next make a payment as if its last payment was February to me that's surprising as obviously doing the 1883 lottery I thought my money was bring paid monthly directly to the club. Anyone know?
A high interest account :lol: - whats one of those these days?

At the last fans forum I detected some annoyance that the club itself wasn't in control of the 1883 draw and Martin Jesper talked about setting up another lottery.

I think the draw is a great idea, and done well over the last 18 months, but it seems to have stopped growing over the last 6 months or so. I'd guess there are only 125-150 members currently so there is certainly potential to increase it significantly. I was amazed that info on it wasn't included in the season ticket leaflets for example.

The supporters club & DFC should get together and come up with a plan on how to grow the lottery over the coming season.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:42 am

Robbie Painter wrote:
carver30 wrote:
A high interest account :lol: - whats one of those these days?

At the last fans forum I detected some annoyance that the club itself wasn't in control of the 1883 draw and Martin Jesper talked about setting up another lottery.

I think the draw is a great idea, and done well over the last 18 months, but it seems to have stopped growing over the last 6 months or so. I'd guess there are only 125-150 members currently so there is certainly potential to increase it significantly. I was amazed that info on it wasn't included in the season ticket leaflets for example.

The supporters club & DFC should get together and come up with a plan on how to grow the lottery over the coming season.
Yep, its a great little incentive which must take next to no administration. Things like this should be pushed as much as possible.

DC

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:03 pm

Spyman wrote:Yep, its a great little incentive which must take next to no administration. Things like this should be pushed as much as possible.

Pretty much echo this. I am sure it could be done, if they take away the option to pay annually and only have the £5 s/o option then it is less likely that people will stop entering.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:32 pm

carver30 wrote:
I'd like to know the status of the Uncovered Fund too. Any ideas when we are going to be updated on this anybody?
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!