No more match updates for now

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

lo36789
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: No more match updates for now

Post by lo36789 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:20 pm

Markodarlo wrote:
Fatty eats roadkill wrote:
08031995 wrote:not a service if theyre taking money saying its for club & club dont see it surely tht could be seen as
Maybe they are saving up to buy shares in the club?
This is something that I can't quite get my head around.
Another pre-season woosh I think!

Markodarlo

Post by Markodarlo » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:31 pm

lo36789 wrote:
Markodarlo wrote:
08031995 wrote:not a service if theyre taking money saying its for club & club dont see it surely tht could be seen as
Maybe they are saving up to buy shares in the club?
This is something that I can't quite get my head around.
Another pre-season woosh I think!
Looks that way lol :-(

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:28 am

I agree with Super Les' sentiments. Sam tweeted something which to be honest was fine, but all it would have taken was a quick word with Sam and Sam would know where he stood (I'm sure Sam would have appreciated that too).

To block him outright shows someone with a bit of a power trip in my eyes.

In terms of this forum, I think we're very much in danger of it becoming too 'vanilla'. The whole reason Darlo Uncovered was set up (correct me if I'm wrong) was to give like minded Darlo fans a place to discuss things openly about the club. These past few months have seen people 'warned' about opinions, posts deleted for the smallest of reasons, threads locked in the fear that things get out of control etc...

Don't get me wrong, mikky, Scott etc... have a hard job moderating the boards but I just fear that we're going past the point where we can openly discuss things. For example, this thread has continued perfectly well since the time I posted yet Charlie is just warning people to be mindful of what they say. Seems a bit OTT to me...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:53 am

This forum is for that. Think it serves its purpose.

But also this forum has anonymity. It should remain that way, when people's names are being used I think it's quite right that posts are removed.

If it is somebody quietly doing a job in the background at the club in particular they don't really need to be named. The other instance is where accusations are being made of effectively named individuals which doesn't just question their motives but outright says they are dishonest.

Personal insults at those posting I think are part of the fun. Otherwise why would Ingleby still be here!?

love it!
Team Supported: Darlington 1883

Post by love it! » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:24 am

I don't see why every fanny decides to post their issues with the club on an unofficial forum without addressing their concerns with the club directly.

Sam this kind of thing only fuels the people who want the club to fail. Your reports have been excellent and I hope you get reinstated but please address your concerns with the club. What advantage did you think you would gain by pissing your pants and complaining on this forum?

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:31 am

And who on here wants the club to fail?

Even the simians want us to succeed so they get the derby back.

You are a tard at times mr love it!
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:44 am

love it! wrote:I don't see why every fanny decides to post their issues with the club on an unofficial forum without addressing their concerns with the club directly.

Sam this kind of thing only fuels the people who want the club to fail. Your reports have been excellent and I hope you get reinstated but please address your concerns with the club. What advantage did you think you would gain by pissing your pants and complaining on this forum?
At the end of the day if he hasnt beem told why he was blocked then id hazard either the club have given someone authority that makes decisions without informing the club, or the club really hasnt learnt the importance of communication still

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:48 am

Fatty eats roadkill wrote:And who on here wants the club to fail?

Even the simians want us to succeed so they get the derby back.

You are a tard at times mr love it!
At times?

Love it! Was born a retard, will live every day of his life a retard, and will die a retard.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:49 am

love it! wrote:I don't see why every fanny decides to post their issues with the club on an unofficial forum without addressing their concerns with the club directly.

I don't see why every fanny decides to post their issues with fannies having issues on an unofficial forum without addressing their issues with the fanny concerned directly? :?:

Mick

Post by Mick » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:54 am

A kick in the jacobs, for a start.

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:58 am

Mick wrote:
Does he really?

Or was he perplexed about a number of things?

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:03 am

shawry wrote:

At the end of the day if he hasnt beem told why he was blocked then id hazard either the club have given someone authority that makes decisions without informing the club, or the club really hasnt learnt the importance of communication still

Or it's a genuine cock-up involving resetting of passwords and/or permissions etc maybe? Just a thought. If not, then the 'powers that be' (Do we have a Systems Administrator etc?) should at least provide a reason why he was denied access....whether he agrees with the thinking behind the decision is another matter entirely though.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:05 am

Mick wrote:
Does he really?

Or was he perplexed about a number of things?
A quote from him:

"I now hope the club fails. The club is the fans and the fans are mostly cvnts."

Nice chap.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:18 am

What a ridiculous thing to say. This forum was set up for people to discuss such issues.

Are you seriously saying that if you've had a problem with the club in the past you haven't come on here and discussed it here first, you've emailed / written to the club first? I find that hard to believe.

charlie

Post by charlie » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:31 am

Hilly wrote:I agree with Super Les' sentiments. Sam tweeted something which to be honest was fine, but all it would have taken was a quick word with Sam and Sam would know where he stood (I'm sure Sam would have appreciated that too).

In terms of this forum, I think we're very much in danger of it becoming too 'vanilla'. The whole reason Darlo Uncovered was set up (correct me if I'm wrong) was to give like minded Darlo fans a place to discuss things openly about the club. These past few months have seen people 'warned' about opinions, posts deleted for the smallest of reasons, threads locked in the fear that things get out of control etc...

Don't get me wrong, mikky, Scott etc... have a hard job moderating the boards but I just fear that we're going past the point where we can openly discuss things. For example, this thread has continued perfectly well since the time I posted yet Charlie is just warning people to be mindful of what they say. Seems a bit OTT to me...

Hilly in all fairness it was a in response to a reported post that had a valid point. I have in no way tried to sanitise the thread and let it run its course. It was a gentle reminder to just think and the rest of the thread has been fine.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:48 am

charlie wrote:
Hilly wrote:I agree with Super Les' sentiments. Sam tweeted something which to be honest was fine, but all it would have taken was a quick word with Sam and Sam would know where he stood (I'm sure Sam would have appreciated that too).

Hilly in all fairness it was a in response to a reported post that had a valid point. I have in no way tried to sanitise the thread and let it run its course. It was a gentle reminder to just think and the rest of the thread has been fine.
Out of curiosity which post was reported?

charlie

Post by charlie » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:01 am

The one I edited

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:13 am

charlie wrote:The one I edited
I'm on my phone, so it doesn't show me edits. Whose?

charlie

Post by charlie » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:15 am

I'll inbox

botrash

Post by botrash » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:05 pm

Wow, if there's one thing I never thought this forum would be accused of it's too much moderation! :crazy:

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:42 pm

botrash wrote:Wow, if there's one thing I never thought this forum would be accused of it's too much moderation! :crazy:
Why not? Having read Charlie's PM, if true, then what she said is understandable now so I apologise. Some things do indeed need to be moderated.

I do however think there needs to be a degree of freedom to allow people to post an opinion without fear of a post being over analysed or deleted. There's a nice balance and I just think that at the minute it's slightly tipping towards the latter. Just my thoughts though, no doubt others will think differently.

botrash

Post by botrash » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:00 pm

Hilly wrote:
botrash wrote:Wow, if there's one thing I never thought this forum would be accused of it's too much moderation! :crazy:
Why not?
Why? Because the exact opposite seems to be levelled at us on almost a weekly basis.

I can't remember the last time I needed to ban a user, other than for spamming, before AKITJ. And even his ban is just for a little time off to cool down a bit, as I think the personal attacks were coming through frustration rather than anything too malicious.

Unless I'm hugely missing something that the other mods are up to, there is really little in the way of moderation or censorship on this board, other than when thigs get personal, trolling or otherwise over the top... certainly never simply for people expressing opinions!

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:42 pm

botrash wrote:
Hilly wrote:
Why not?
Why? Because the exact opposite seems to be levelled at us on almost a weekly basis.

I can't remember the last time I needed to ban a user, other than for spamming, before AKITJ. And even his ban is just for a little time off to cool down a bit, as I think the personal attacks were coming through frustration rather than anything too malicious.

Unless I'm hugely missing something that the other mods are up to, there is really little in the way of moderation or censorship on this board, other than when thigs get personal, trolling or otherwise over the top... certainly never simply for people expressing opinions!
Really? I know I'm not a regular poster on here as much as I used to be but I don't get the impression that users are demanding more moderation. The only moderation that has needed doing in my eyes has been the kitchen spam!

Maybe you're getting a lot of people clicking the 'report post' button though because on the face of it, I haven't seen the demand for more work from you guys.

botrash

Post by botrash » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Hilly wrote:
botrash wrote:
Hilly wrote:
Why not?

Really? I know I'm not a regular poster on here as much as I used to be but I don't get the impression that users are demanding more moderation. The only moderation that has needed doing in my eyes has been the kitchen spam!

Maybe you're getting a lot of people clicking the 'report post' button though because on the face of it, I haven't seen the demand for more work from you guys.
Actually, you're probably right. I do see a lot of calls to delete stuff and ban people that you won't see. And it has actually been pretty quiet on that front recently, although I assume that's just an effect of the summer lull in posting.

However, on the contrary, where are all of these bannings and deletings that are leading to a view of over-moderation? On the rare occasions that action is taken, they tend to be fully explained an are always for reasons such as personal jibes, statements of questionable legal position or general trolling and spamming... In fact I'd as far as to say I wouldn't be sticking around for long as a moderator on any forum that was censoring people's opinions, but I just simply don't see anything of that sort happening here??

carver30

Post by carver30 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:33 pm

It appears to me there are less and less people posting and those that do are the same handful of people.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:50 pm

carver30 wrote:It appears to me there are less and less people posting and those that do are the same handful of people.
Yeh, the vocal minority ruining it for the blahblahblah.....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

shawry

Post by shawry » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:38 pm

botrash wrote:
Hilly wrote:
botrash wrote:
Hilly wrote:
Why not?

Actually, you're probably right. I do see a lot of calls to delete stuff and ban people that you won't see. And it has actually been pretty quiet on that front recently, although I assume that's just an effect of the summer lull in posting.

However, on the contrary, where are all of these bannings and deletings that are leading to a view of over-moderation? On the rare occasions that action is taken, they tend to be fully explained an are always for reasons such as personal jibes, statements of questionable legal position or general trolling and spamming... In fact I'd as far as to say I wouldn't be sticking around for long as a moderator on any forum that was censoring people's opinions, but I just simply don't see anything of that sort happening here??
I think if a post has to be moderated then the moderator should put an edit saying what theyve done, rather than just deleting posts

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:56 pm

It amazes me just how lenient the mods are on here, now I've seen it from the other side on another board.

botrash

Post by botrash » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:14 pm

DL5 wrote:It amazes me just how lenient the mods are on here, now I've seen it from the other side on another board.
Thankyou! Exactly my point, we let most stuff go here, it's only when people start taking the piss that we take any action!

botrash

Post by botrash » Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:17 pm

shawry wrote:I think if a post has to be moderated then the moderator should put an edit saying what theyve done, rather than just deleting posts
Again, I can't speak for the others but this is what I do wherever possible - although once threads get out of control with multiple actions needed, it can getting messy editing a number of posts, with quotes etc, so sometimes whole posts or threads need removing to get rid of the content ASAP.