Where will we finish this season?

Threads covering important moments in Darlo's past, be they big games, big days or big events.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Quakerz
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Where will we finish this season?

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Hilly wrote: The only person I've seen on there who started out being an arse was Quakerz (not our one btw), and it's well renowned that the bloke is a troll.
Even the administrators on there are bitter trollers, what hope do we have? Example of administrators trolling - "how do you know Quakerz is a Poolie, how do you know Quakerz is a troll, just because he says stuff you don't agree with etc etc", like everyone else, they want "Quakerz" to be a Darlo fan, and they're enjoying the fact that we can't (yet) conclusively prove that he is only on there pretending to be a Darlo fan, trying to make us look like arseholes.

And if anyone thinks the NLZ is bad, try the Spennymoor Town forum - I went on there, and they absolutely fucking hate me. :lol:

My crime? Daring to post on their forum it seems!

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:27 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Hilly wrote: The only person I've seen on there who started out being an arse was Quakerz (not our one btw), and it's well renowned that the bloke is a troll.
Even the administrators on there are bitter trollers, what hope do we have? Example of administrators trolling - "how do you know Quakerz is a Poolie, how do you know Quakerz is a troll, just because he says stuff you don't agree with etc etc", like everyone else, they want "Quakerz" to be a Darlo fan, and they're enjoying the fact that we can't (yet) conclusively prove that he is only on there pretending to be a Darlo fan, trying to make us look like arseholes.

And if anyone thinks the NLZ is bad, try the Spennymoor Town forum - I went on there, and they absolutely fucking hate me. :lol:

No I'd agree with that. I asked if one of their admins (that bloke that's posted on here once or twice....Ally is it?) could check the IP address of Quakerz and I was told to 'leave it alone'. Felt like a child that had been told off!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:30 pm

They told you to "leave it alone"? Are you kidding me?

Have you noticed that most clubs have their own boards on there, and that each board no matter how quiet, has a supporter of that club as moderator?

What is the betting that if they open a Darlo board, that they'll make "Quakerz" the Darlo moderator?

Another example of the administrators enjoying blatant trolling of Darlo fans is they let that dick have a Raj Singh avatar, how the fuck can that be allowed on any forum? That is a pure attempt to incite Darlo fans and they completely condone it.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:37 pm

Quakerz wrote:They told you to "leave it alone"? Are you kidding me?

Have you noticed that most clubs have their own boards on there, and that each board no matter how quiet, has a supporter of that club as moderator?

What is the betting that if they open a Darlo board, that they'll make "Quakerz" the Darlo moderator?

Another example of the administrators enjoying blatant trolling of Darlo fans is they let that dick have a Raj Singh avatar, how the fuck can that be allowed on any forum? That is a pure attempt to incite Darlo fans and they completely condone it.
No, gods honest truth. Turns out it came back 'non-location specific' which is fair enough, but I told him to wind his neck in with the arsey attitude but then I was told...

"There is no need to use phrases like "wind your neck in". If you would rather go elsewhere, please feel free to do so, we can easily happily cancel your account if you'd prefer. ;)"

StevieMardenboro

Post by StevieMardenboro » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Quakerz wrote:
StevieMardenboro wrote:I hope we do well but I don't agree with Quakerz that a year of consolidation will cost us support.
We have been through hell. Those of us still with Darlo aren't going to be put off by another s*** season. Think given that the players have been thrown together and most belong at this level it is very unlikely we will win the league. As long as we are competitive, breaking even financially and getting better on the field i honestly wouldn't mind a few seasons at this level. Perhaps a pop at the FA Vase aswell Just so long as we get back to the football league in my lifetime!
While I commend your support of Darlo and admire your stance regarding what league we are in and for how long, you are only succeeding in proving Mark Twain right when he said something along the lines of "The public is merely a multiplied me".

Yep you are making the fatal mistake of thinking that everyone thinks like you, unfortunately they don't. Crowds WILL drop drastically the season after next if we merely "consolidate", and so will income drop, as well as our chances of ever getting out of that league or back to Darlington.

Fair points Quakerz. The longer we stay at this level the more we will look like a Northern League club.

However you have said yourself this is a competitive league with some teams being financially backed and with established squads. We are starting from scratch. On paper the squad sounds good for this level but most of us haven't got a clue how good we are in relation to the rest.
Happy to be proven wrong but I think its entirely possible we won't challenge for promotion this year.
You are the biggest poster on here, one of the funniest and most respected and you often set the tone. I just hope there is not too much negativity on here if it becomes clear that this season is one of consolidation. At times some of the footie might be even poorer than we are used to and we are going to lose to teams miles smaller than DFC. We need to stay strong in the face of this.
I found the 'This next game is a must win' threads quite depressing last season.
If we are outside the top 3, 6, whatever we should stay positive. For the first time in ages DFC is being run for the sake of DFC. This alone should make it more enjoyable than the slow painful death we endured at the Arena and should hopefully attract fans back.

Sorry to sound like a negative prick about our prospects. On the plus side I have been wrong in almost every prediction I have ever made about Darlo.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:57 pm

I don't disagree with any of that, but our problem is going to be the average Joe Public, who supports Darlo but doesn't take too much interest in the quality and make up of the NL, and might get disheartened if we don't stroll it.

We absolutely need to be in contention from the off.

As for our squad, like anybody else I'm not an expert on how we measure up but from what I have read, we should be contenders. We also should be able to attract players through the season if we need to strengthen.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:00 pm

Quakerz wrote:
The_Ponderer wrote: Do not think the Darlo fans on there are "representing" our club.
They post their opinions and not the opinions of the majority of fans nor the interim board.
You know what, you don't half know how to rub people up the wrong way, you pondering twat.

You've effectively said there, that the Darlo fans posting on there (which includes me, Hilly, DL5, Darlofan97, and a couple others) are full of shite and at odds with the majority of normal Darlo fans etc.
This ponderer guy makes lo23567 seem exciting and controversial

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:31 pm

6 words.

We will piss this tinpot league.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Spyman wrote:6 words.

:lol:

The NLZ spies won't let that one go.

"See! See! The wankers all think they are going to piss this league! They're going to get a shock + dozens of generic comments about the strength of the league, our arrogance, our lack of respect..."

Fenchurch

Post by Fenchurch » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:24 pm

Top 10. This league is extremely difficult and the sides who finished top 4 last season could hold their own in the evo stick prem...
"More hay Trigger?" "No thanks Roy, I'm stuffed"

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:28 pm

Oh yeah, is that fact is it? What evidence do you have to make such a claim?

Fenchurch

Post by Fenchurch » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:32 pm

No facts just general knowledge.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:36 pm

Knowledge = facts.

What facts do you have to support your claim? Cos it's quite a claim.

Fenchurch

Post by Fenchurch » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Quakerz wrote:Knowledge = facts.

What facts do you have to support your claim? Cos it's quite a claim.
Not quite a claim, It's just been the general consensus of NL fans that I've spoken to

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:59 pm

They might all be full of shite though.

While I don't doubt that the league is the best step 5 league, and while I don't doubt it contains players that could play higher, and while I don't doubt that it is competitive and going to be very hard to get out of, some of these fuckers go on like it's La Liga.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:05 pm

And lets not forget that a number of our new signings were playing Evostick last season, so should also be of that standard.

I repeat:

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:22 pm

Spendy have signed about 4 players from the BSN. Though from a shite BSN team, to be fair.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:25 pm

Quakerz wrote:Spendy have signed about 4 players from the BSN. Though from a shite BSN team, to be fair.
Yeh, my point was that if the top 4 teams could hold their own in the Evostick, and we've got a fair few players who have held their own in the Evostick, then we should be able to compete with the top 4, not just the top 10.

But anyway, we will piss this tinpot league.

DC

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:41 pm

:clap: .... If we're going to be accused of arrogance and disrespect, we may as well give em it .... The lunatics have control of the NLZ ... they're welcome to it. We've already spent too long at this level of the "football" pyramid in my eyes .... :roll: ... Can't wait to leave it behind in May.

DL5

Post by DL5 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:43 pm

Hilly wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

No I'd agree with that. I asked if one of their admins (that bloke that's posted on here once or twice....Ally is it?) could check the IP address of Quakerz and I was told to 'leave it alone'. Felt like a child that had been told off!
I flagged his posts twice asking the same and got dismissed out of hand by AllyG. :roll:
Must be because I is Darlo ;)

marksby9

2012-13 Season Prediction

Post by marksby9 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:11 pm

Just wondering what fans predictions are for where we will finish in the Northern League this year?

I'm thinking we will be 3rd-4th.

wellindarlo

Re: 2012-13 Season Prediction

Post by wellindarlo » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:13 pm

I think when we get to next May we might be happy with that.

Quakerz

Re: 2012-13 Season Prediction

Post by Quakerz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:21 pm

There is already a 100+ reply thread on the same subject, but it'd be rude not to answer yours...

1st.

Fibonacci0112358

Post by Fibonacci0112358 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:37 pm

You see, that's confidence, not arrogance!

Loving it!

davidcorks 40yard OG

Post by davidcorks 40yard OG » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:03 pm

We will win it :clap: BUT not by much from Spendy or Celtic Nation.

If we dont win the thing 1st time of asking i think we gonna have problems in the future

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:38 pm

davidcorks 40yard OG wrote:We will win it :clap: BUT not by much from Spendy or Celtic Nation.

If we dont win the thing 1st time of asking i think we gonna have problems in the future
Not necessarily because we'll spend within our means. The biggest problem is how much of our fanbase we'll lose if we don't go up, though we should be still the biggest club and once you've got rid of Spendy and CN to promotion or bankruptcy then it's a bit easier.

I'm still hopeful we can win it, big crowds in a small ground will help, as will not being in the cups, but I'm worried how our team of players who are NL players will cope against a team containing Brittain, Boyd, Arnison and likely more a few others of similar standing.

MikeinBlack

Post by MikeinBlack » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Maybe it's lucky we are playing Celtic nation early in the season before their big named players have a chance to gel any better than our players do. Let's hope that our management team can inspire our guys that little bit more than Celtic nation and Spenny's can.
COME ON DARLO!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:18 pm

viewtopic.php?t=20501

As I correctly predicted back in July....

DC

Bogratsteve

Post by Bogratsteve » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:27 pm

Spyman wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=20501

As I correctly predicted back in July....
Not a truer phrase has been typed

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:41 pm

Not blowing my own trumpet, but...
Quakerz wrote:I'm pretty confident we can push Spenny all the way.
Check.
It's going to be very difficult but I have great confidence in Martin Gray and the coaching staff and whilst some of our chums on NLZ think we'll be nowhere near, I reckon we'll get the extra 10% from good management - it's not always about having all of the top players though I reckon we've got a very decent set of players assembled anyway.
Check.
We'll have a slight advantage of not being involved in the FA Cup and Vase, and Gray will be wanting to run things very professionally.
Check.
I think also during the season, if we are in touch and need to strengthen, we may find it a little easier to bring more of the top players in.
Check. A lot of people overlooked this. But it was obvious to me that we'd keep strengthening as our attractiveness rose.
My prediction is 1st, just.
Check. Though it would have been first by a million miles had it not been for Spennymoor.