Simple Question?

Here lie questions that were posed to 1883 and have been answered. any further questions please visit www.darlington1883.co.uk

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Markodarlo
Team Supported: Darlington

Simple Question?

Post by Markodarlo » Sat May 19, 2012 6:50 am

Where would you invest your money?

Yes I know that the end result is to save darlo Fc but this is question I'm hearing over and over again, people are not yet reinvesting (Infact it's not an investment anymore) redonating there monies as the are confused as to what to do for the best.

I appreciate the hard work and time the 1883 board are putting into this but is this really the best solution?

Thanks again for your efforts.

Hilly

Re: Simple Question?

Post by Hilly » Sat May 19, 2012 7:10 am

I have more affiliation with Uncovered so I'd most likely put my money into the Uncovered pot.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat May 19, 2012 7:37 am

Yes, good question. Despite the call in the Echo for people to re-invest as soon as possible - no-one really knows how.

Which group (which will definitely, reinvest it in the 1883) has the legal personality to be able to do that, right now?

The Supporters Club? Seems that way from what is shown on the buydarlo website.

But if someone has £100 they just want to give to the club as a donation, right now, they just need to send an email to donate@buydarlo.org and request details BUT... it would be much better if 1883's bank account details could be published on the website -OR- an auto-responder set up for the "donate" email address so people instantly get details back on how to transfer money to 1883, without having to wait for someone to answer their email.

They could set another one up for "invest" for those people who want to actually buy a share and have voting rights. I'm not bothered about anything like that - it's way too complicated and time consuming for me. I just want to throw what I can in the pot - I could have done that in 5 minutes if an auto-responder had been set up on that email address, and sent me 1883's account details.
Last edited by Mr_Tibbs on Sat May 19, 2012 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Sat May 19, 2012 8:19 am

I'm dropping into the forum inbetween other things but I know for a fact that something is going to be announced in the coming days which should make the investment process much easier to understand.

As for the auto responder suggestion - you're right it is a good suggestion. No need for the sarcastic tone tough!

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat May 19, 2012 8:43 am

Hilly wrote:I'm dropping into the forum inbetween other things but I know for a fact that something is going to be announced in the coming days which should make the investment process much easier to understand.

As for the auto responder suggestion - you're right it is a good suggestion. No need for the sarcastic tone tough!
Ouch! But you're right - didn't mean it to read that way but I suppose it did. Just my crappy style.
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

Mr_Tibbs

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Sat May 19, 2012 3:11 pm

Done!

Sent an email to donate@buydarlo.org and got a quick reply with 1883's bank details and made a donation :D
Join - Shop - Collect

herts_darlo

Post by herts_darlo » Tue May 22, 2012 7:49 pm

Think this has been answered by recent events.

Please visit www.savedarlo.org and www.1883cic.org for further details.