(Echo) Three-year target for return to Football League

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

3BlackHoops
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by 3BlackHoops » Fri May 04, 2012 7:28 am

A positive start, but the achieving of this goal will be obviously be dependent upon which league we're starting from to begin with: http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/ ... ll_League/?

Ash_Quaker

Re: (Echo) Three-year target for return to Football League

Post by Ash_Quaker » Fri May 04, 2012 7:35 am

and the expected negative comment is there from doonhamer already,absolute c***.

coppedout

Post by coppedout » Fri May 04, 2012 7:59 am

I listened Dennis Pinnegar being interviewed last night and my recollection was that he stated their aim was to return to the Conference within 3yrs, which I thought at the time was ambitious. The Echo report is I believe inaccurate reporting, but at this time I have not got the time to be trawling video clips to confirm this.

Come on Darlo!!!!!! :thumbup: :wave: :clap: :clap: :clap:

jazzydfc

Post by jazzydfc » Fri May 04, 2012 8:35 am

Are Doonhamer & Monteforte the same person?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri May 04, 2012 8:35 am

As we're likely to be in Evostik 1N, then we'd need 3 consecutive promotions to be back in the conference in 3 years. That will be difficult enough as it is, but the biggest hinderance to our progress is going to be having a ground with the right grading. It's not just cost but planning permission etc.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

marskequaker

Post by marskequaker » Fri May 04, 2012 8:47 am

Best thing to do is for 1883 to issue a press release then we can see what they actually said. I've always been a realist and I know Denis is a fan - some financial stability wouldn't go amiss amongst the plans to return the club to Darlington. I think a five year plan to reach the Conference is more realistic. Whether the club can match the budgets of the more ambitous non league clubs is open to conjecture but at least things are heading in the right direction. Would be a good shout to relocate the club to Blackwell Meadows - I'd love to see that come off.

divas

Post by divas » Fri May 04, 2012 8:49 am

coppedout wrote:I listened Dennis Pinnegar being interviewed last night and my recollection was that he stated their aim was to return to the Conference within 3yrs, which I thought at the time was ambitious. The Echo report is I believe inaccurate reporting, but at this time I have not got the time to be trawling video clips to confirm this.

He definitely said league in 3 years, obviously a bit of an oversight.

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Fri May 04, 2012 8:49 am

jazzydfc wrote:Are Doonhamer & Monteforte the same person?
Hilly has his suspicions that this is the case including swissball. mentioned it on a previous thread. I'm becoming more suspicious that they are one and the same myself.

SteveSC

Post by SteveSC » Fri May 04, 2012 10:32 am

A bit optimistic I think - there is a fine balance to be achieved between positivity, keeping momentum going etc and unrealistic expectations which lead to disappointment and criticism down the line (as in 'Premiership in 5 years' or somehting similar).

As Qz said there is also the issue of ground status hindering progress - it would be terrible if we finished in a promotion position and couldn't take it because of ground issues.

Progress on the field is important to maintain support - but team development and progression must go hand in hand with investment on the ground side of things.

We are in this for the long term - at a level that is justified by the support of the community - some patience is going to be needed.

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Fri May 04, 2012 10:58 am

princes town wrote:
Hilly has his suspicions that this is the case including swissball. mentioned it on a previous thread. I'm becoming more suspicious that they are one and the same myself.
The all post in a similar time frame to each other all saying "I agree with XYZ"...

They think that way if they fill up the comments section quickly with 'people' with the same views then it will make it sound as though it's the general concensus.

Of course these are just all my suspicions though.

Young Skin

Post by Young Skin » Fri May 04, 2012 11:44 am

Hilly wrote:
princes town wrote:
The all post in a similar time frame to each other all saying "I agree with XYZ"...

They think that way if they fill up the comments section quickly with 'people' with the same views then it will make it sound as though it's the general concensus.

Of course these are just all my suspicions though.
And how sad is that! Although I agree with you, I think its the same person.

comeondarlo97

Post by comeondarlo97 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:46 pm

Never going to happen Reynolds said we would be in the Premier League by now!?!

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Fri May 04, 2012 6:53 pm

divas wrote:
coppedout wrote:I listened Dennis Pinnegar being interviewed last night and my recollection was that he stated their aim was to return to the Conference within 3yrs, which I thought at the time was ambitious. The Echo report is I believe inaccurate reporting, but at this time I have not got the time to be trawling video clips to confirm this.

He definitely said league in 3 years, obviously a bit of an oversight.
A bit of an underststement too, Divas :) :)

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri May 04, 2012 7:49 pm

No chance,5 maybe!!!!

craig_mckenna
Team Supported: Newcastle

Post by craig_mckenna » Fri May 04, 2012 10:09 pm

Denis is a fan and he is still hoping we will get Evostick Premier and three promotions. He never intended to give the impression that he expected that, but he would love it if that could be achieved.
Was a crazy manic say yesterday and very little time to prepare for a press conference.
I don't think I could blame him for getting caught in the moment and wanting the club back in the football league.
The primary aim for 1883 is to ensure this club is sustainable and from that base anything is possible.

Enigma

Post by Enigma » Fri May 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Unfortunately such statements sound georgesque and wont encourage investment probably the opposite bringing into question the realism of this group - more like 10 years in my view and then we could exceed expectations by 1 or 2 years - maybe move back into town in three not the one being bandied around

craig_mckenna
Team Supported: Newcastle

Post by craig_mckenna » Fri May 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Enigma wrote:Unfortunately such statements sound georgesque and wont encourage investment probably the opposite bringing into question the realism of this group - more like 10 years in my view and then we could exceed expectations by 1 or 2 years - maybe move back into town in three not the one being bandied around

Enigma, not a fan of ours? :) I have no doubt we will be back in Darlington in 1 year.

Wing Commander Darlo

Post by Wing Commander Darlo » Sat May 05, 2012 8:24 am

craig_mckenna wrote:
Enigma wrote:Unfortunately such statements sound georgesque and wont encourage investment probably the opposite bringing into question the realism of this group - more like 10 years in my view and then we could exceed expectations by 1 or 2 years - maybe move back into town in three not the one being bandied around

Enigma, not a fan of ours? :) I have no doubt we will be back in Darlington in 1 year.
Enigma is not a fan of ours. He's a troll, aren't you Enigma? :wave:

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sat May 05, 2012 10:43 am

craig_mckenna wrote:Denis is a fan and he is still hoping we will get Evostick Premier and three promotions. He never intended to give the impression that he expected that, but he would love it if that could be achieved.
Was a crazy manic say yesterday and very little time to prepare for a press conference.
I don't think I could blame him for getting caught in the moment and wanting the club back in the football league.
The primary aim for 1883 is to ensure this club is sustainable and from that base anything is possible.
I understand that Craig, but ............

Craig, how can I contact you?

darlodave1974

Post by darlodave1974 » Sat May 05, 2012 12:07 pm

There's nothing wrong with optimism, as long as it's mixed with a little reality.
We have to be going for promotion every year even if it probably isn't achievable

second team

Post by second team » Sat May 05, 2012 8:59 pm

craig i hope your right but please dont give false hope 3 years is great to us i know how dificult planing is