Message from Ian Carter and Paul Hodgson

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Message from Ian Carter and Paul Hodgson

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:28 pm

You were criticised for the way you very publicly resigned from the trust board, not for the act itself.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

The_Natural

Post by The_Natural » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:55 pm

What a difference a couple of months makes--this was the Trusts Statememnt in feb.

Although even reading the below it appears the Trust were politicing--ie 'work UNDER the trust umbrella'

This is in no way aimed at the two people involved who as people say above have done sterling work--just interesting reading back, you can understand how the trust would not have expected 1883 to show up....I could be wrong but seems like they were expecting phoenix club all along and this has taken them by surprise!

PS it also says on 1st Feb that details of the AGM will be announced 'shortly'......

Co-options To Trust Board - 1st February 2012
Given the challenging and exciting opportunity for supporter involvement in a community based club, the Trust Board have co-opted two former elected board members to see the Trust through to the next AGM (details of which are to be announced shortly).

Ian Carter and Paul Hodgson are both well known to many supporters of Darlington. Paul Hodgson, a former Vice Chair said he was "delighted to be back on the board and hopefully getting the fans fully represented in the community club we are striving to achieve".

Ian Carter, who served on the board over several critical periods in the football club's history, was also pleased to be asked to join the board and hoped that all fans would "work under the Trust umbrella which will give supporters a clear, democratic mandate" in the battle to raise funs for the new club.

we_8_poolie

Post by we_8_poolie » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Respect for Paul and Ian ....but it's important that they man up and spill the beans. They went back into the Trust with obvious enthusiasm and have left on the quiet.

Come on Paul and Ian ....what's going on behind the curtain ? Is the Great OZ all powerful ?...do the Trust have a heart, brain or any courage whatsover ? What the hell are they doing ?

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:08 pm

paul and ian no longer post on this site so please don't expect an answer. But I do know that Ian has not fallen out with the trust as believes they are the correct way to go, they just feel that the majority of fans believe otherwise and were fighting a battle which was grinding them down and were in a situation they were not enjoying. They just want to enjoy supporting a football team like the rest of us. So please don't make the assumption that they have left the trust because they have fallen out with them.

we_8_poolie

Post by we_8_poolie » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:11 pm

Couldn't they of at least influenced getting the 2 parties together ? It's not difficult. They'd gone back on the Trust board ....then left ...and we're further in the bleeding dark.

It is quite unbelieveable.

Jazz Maverick

Post by Jazz Maverick » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:31 am

we_8_poolie wrote:Couldn't they of at least influenced getting the 2 parties together ? It's not difficult. They'd gone back on the Trust board ....then left ...and we're further in the bleeding dark.

It is quite unbelieveable.
Why is it not difficult? If there were deep running differences between what the trust want and what 1883 want it would have been impossible for the two of them to bring it together. They certainly don't have any obligation to come on here and explain themselves to shrieking little madams like you.

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:58 am

loan_star wrote:
Vokuhila wrote:I imagine they're both feeling pretty relieved now. I know I would be.
After talking to Paul last night I would agree with your comment.
Can you ask him who the other Trust board members are?
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

BishopQuaker

Post by BishopQuaker » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:16 am

So if the deadline passes and the trust still have their thumb up their arse, what the hell is going to happen with the £40K?

Are we going to end up with Darlo RA, 1883 Darlo and Darlo [insert name here]?

princes town
Team Supported: Darlington/Blackburn

Post by princes town » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:21 am

BishopQuaker wrote:So if the deadline passes and the trust still have their thumb up their arse, what the hell is going to happen with the £40K?

Are we going to end up with Darlo RA, 1883 Darlo and Darlo [insert name here]?
This is the problem I have. If the Trust are desperate for a phoenix club it would make more sense to join up with darlo RA rather than reinvent the wheel. If that is their vision fair enough. However, the money must be given to 1883 as the natural successor to the original club.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:46 pm

The Trust ( or the people behind it at present ) need to remember what this money was originally raised for. This situation is madness.

Even Hodgy broke his silence on this matter, saying that The Trust should hand over the money.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:06 pm

fightingchance wrote:
perhaps the criticism of the trust is unfair and perhaps we should should be questioning those responsible for creating a new group that really wasn't needed and what their motivation was knowing that a vehicle was already in place to carry this forward. individuals in the trust have been criticised as being more about the individual than the whole but this can be leveled at certain people involved in the initial 1883 launch whose motivation is questionable

are the current problems solely of the trusts making I think not look a little close to home and ask the question why
Are you really that deluded? The trusts lack of action forced the hand of others to make things happen. It certainly wasnt Tony Taylor rushing to the arena to hand over a load of money was it!! Fair enough the trust chipped in (as they should do) but it was mainly down to the hard work of others that we didnt go pop that day.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:25 pm

fightingchance wrote:
The_Natural wrote:What a difference a couple of months makes--this was the Trusts Statememnt in feb.

Although even reading the below it appears the Trust were politicing--ie 'work UNDER the trust umbrella'

This is in no way aimed at the two people involved who as people say above have done sterling work--just interesting reading back, you can understand how the trust would not have expected 1883 to show up....I could be wrong but seems like they were expecting phoenix club all along and this has taken them by surprise!

PS it also says on 1st Feb that details of the AGM will be announced 'shortly'......

Given the challenging and exciting opportunity for supporter involvement in a community based club, the Trust Board have co-opted two former elected board members to see the Trust through to the next AGM (details of which are to be announced shortly).

Ian Carter and Paul Hodgson are both well known to many supporters of Darlington. Paul Hodgson, a former Vice Chair said he was "delighted to be back on the board and hopefully getting the fans fully represented in the community club we are striving to achieve".

Ian Carter, who served on the board over several critical periods in the football club's history, was also pleased to be asked to join the board and hoped that all fans would "work under the Trust umbrella which will give supporters a clear, democratic mandate" in the battle to raise funs for the new club.
looking back at this perhaps its understandable how the trust have reacted they were at the time in pole position to drive the rescue and take it forward then out of left field along come 1883 jostling for position

perhaps the criticism of the trust is unfair and perhaps we should should be questioning those responsible for creating a new group that really wasn't needed and what their motivation was knowing that a vehicle was already in place to carry this forward. individuals in the trust have been criticised as being more about the individual than the whole but this can be leveled at certain people involved in the initial 1883 launch whose motivation is questionable

are the current problems solely of the trusts making I think not look a little close to home and ask the question why
A joke surely?

The Trust were NEVER in the driving seat - they might have thought they were for a couple of days - but the original group that stepped in was the DFCRG, which the Trust didn't seem to want to join up with...THEN 1883 was spawned from that. 1883 never came from out of nowhere, they were ALWAYS there!

Where the fuck was the Trust?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:47 pm

That post by fightingchance is the most bizarre comment I've seen on here for years ..... that takes some doing too!

Hilly

Post by Hilly » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:51 pm

fightingchance wrote:
The_Natural wrote:What a difference a couple of months makes--this was the Trusts Statememnt in feb.

looking back at this perhaps its understandable how the trust have reacted they were at the time in pole position to drive the rescue and take it forward then out of left field along come 1883 jostling for position

Are you seriously for real? DFC1883 came along because time was of the escence. The Trust simply couldn't match their speed.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Quakerade

Post by Quakerade » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Wonder if that 10k was all that was left in the trusts fund ?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:19 pm

fightingchance wrote:rescue group or whatever incarnation you want another group came in when one already existed

precisely what happened when the current plans evolved seemingly without the rescue group in on the act - cue confusion, talk of factions etc - not really any different

and had it not been for the trusts 10k we probably wouldn't be having this debate
The trusts £10k and £40k from other sources dont forget! Without that £40k where would we be?

Mr_Tibbs
Team Supported: The Almighty Darlo

Post by Mr_Tibbs » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:36 pm

AIDO wrote:That post by fightingchance is the most bizarre comment I've seen on here for years ..... that takes some doing too!
Claire Stone... in the Library... with the rope?
Join - Shop - Collect

Collect free donations for your club every time you shop the easyfundraising way:

www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dfcsg

we_8_poolie

Post by we_8_poolie » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:38 pm

Not quite sure what you're trying to get at ? The Trust has £50k for a rainy day ...it's now snowing.

You've asked your questions , you've had them answered.

Your move .

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:41 pm

The DUFF fund has put more money into SAVEDarlo than the trust has and we have done it without any fuss or infighting without DUFF and the money the supporters club raised at Boro only three days before then I believe DFC would have been wound up on that black Wednesday.
Now this may have been what some wanted and then start a phoenix club with them in the driving seat. :think:
Last edited by ted_do on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quakerade

Post by Quakerade » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:44 pm

Fightingchance do you know for sure the trust still has the other 40k ?

wellindarlo

Post by wellindarlo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:44 pm

fightingchance, it strikes me with events over the last 3 months that the Trust has had significant internal disagreements on what it should do that it became inept. Tell me I am wrong?

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:51 pm

The trust has more than £40k in the bank.

Quakerade

Post by Quakerade » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:56 pm

Fightingchance i do not know they haven't and i was not suggesting anything, i was simply asking a question.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:58 pm

Fighting Chance, who are the board members of the Trust please?

Quakerade

Post by Quakerade » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:01 pm

Probably Lord Lucan, The Scarlet Pimpernel and Shergar.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:05 pm

Windsor wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:
AIDO wrote:That post by fightingchance is the most bizarre comment I've seen on here for years ..... that takes some doing too!

I believe unless a statement is forthcoming from either yourself or those that control this forum regarding the statement above, I will be contacting the Police and reporting a death threat to a board member of this trust, explain please
Cluedo!! :thumbup:

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Windsor wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:

I believe unless a statement is forthcoming from either yourself or those that control this forum regarding the statement above, I will be contacting the Police and reporting a death threat to a board member of this trust, explain please
Humour bypass? :roll:

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Windsor wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:

Is Claire a member of the Trust? Do you know who else is? Can you tell they is a theme to my common questions on this topic. I wish someone could answer

Quakerade

Post by Quakerade » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:15 pm

Someone once commented on this site that they thought Fightingchance and Windsor were one of the same and if you look at the users on-line you will notice fightingchance has gone but Windsor has appeared, i just wonder ?

monkey

Post by monkey » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:17 pm

Windsor wrote:
Mr_Tibbs wrote:

Can someone explain to me how this is a death threat?