DUFF Breaks 17k Barrier

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

uncovered
Site Admin

DUFF Breaks 17k Barrier

Post by uncovered » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:16 pm

The Darlo Uncovered Fighting Fund has now raised over 17000 pounds

http://www.darlofc.co.uk/news.php?NewsID=800

CarlYCFC
Team Supported: York City

Re: DUFF Breaks 17k Barrier

Post by CarlYCFC » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:17 pm

Nicely done! The paypal address is on the York City forums, so hopefully some will have come from us and other clubs.

Full buckets on Saturday is a must.

DFCSC1
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by DFCSC1 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:26 pm

The Supporters Clubs bucket appeals have also raised about £17k, so we're neck and neck at the moment. A fantastic effort by supporters of both organisations' fighting funds.

Eric_Cartman

Post by Eric_Cartman » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:26 pm

CarlYCFC wrote:Nicely done! The paypal address is on the York City forums, so hopefully some will have come from us and other clubs.

Cheers Carl. What are the links for the York City forums?

I know a few regular York away day lads who travel with the official club travel and they claim they are paying their entrance fee and not contributing anything extra to the cause :thumbdown:

strangetown

Post by strangetown » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:33 pm

Must also mention that over 40 of the people are from Darlington who will be joining us in the boxes and well done to BigRichie,Jon R, and Jason at the club for all there help in arranging things for saturday.

ted_do

Post by ted_do » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:42 pm

There is no neck and neck, most of us have contributed time and money to both, each has played an important role in helping to save darlo.
I see a fully functioning and invigorated trust as the future for all our efforts, I hope that some of the main players in raising funds to save the club will have a role in the new trust, people like Karen, Scott, Peter A, Doug E and some posters on here supperlids, Hodgie1, loan Star, darlo tykes, Divas, Quakerz Maybe. I just hope that there is not some take over from the ones who are now very vocal but until last month had not even been to a match.
I have nothing against the new and reinvigorated fans but you need stamina to be a Darlo fan and once the limelight fades we need people who know and love the club and will keep slogging on for the long haul.

walshys_wingman_11

Post by walshys_wingman_11 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:57 pm

ted_do wrote:There is no neck and neck, most of us have contributed time and money to both, each has played an important role in helping to save darlo.
I see a fully functioning and invigorated trust as the future for all our efforts, I hope that some of the main players in raising funds to save the club will have a role in the new trust, people like Karen, Scott, Peter A, Doug E and some posters on here supperlids, Hodgie1, loan Star, darlo tykes, Divas, Quakerz Maybe. I just hope that there is not some take over from the ones who are now very vocal but until last month had not even been to a match.
I have nothing against the new and reinvigorated fans but you need stamina to be a Darlo fan and once the limelight fades we need people who know and love the club and will keep slogging on for the long haul.
pst dont forget Mary and Glen( both in their 70s), who have been to every bucket collection and helping run the Cornmill stall. Well done to all

uncovered
Site Admin

Post by uncovered » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:01 pm

one team people, one team. all of us are darlo supporters, no them and us. just all working through various channels to help our club.

Up the quackers! we can do this!

AIDO

Post by AIDO » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:02 pm

uncovered wrote .... "Up the quackers! we can do this!"

.... think we're all going a bit quackers tonight ..... :lol:

charlie

Post by charlie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:09 pm

ted_do wrote:There is no neck and neck, most of us have contributed time and money to both, each has played an important role in helping to save darlo.

I agree coming from a newbie (me)

dfc1883

Post by dfc1883 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:16 pm

Awesome effort :clap:

CarlYCFC
Team Supported: York City

Post by CarlYCFC » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:19 pm

Eric_Cartman wrote:
CarlYCFC wrote:Nicely done! The paypal address is on the York City forums, so hopefully some will have come from us and other clubs.

Cheers Carl. What are the links for the York City forums?
The two big ones are:

http://www.yorkcityfc.com/showthread.ph ... Darlington
http://www.yorkcityfc.com/showthread.ph ... Darlo-Away

As far as your other note, no one in their right mind would go out of their way to say that, and to a Darlo fan, so I'm filing that under wind up. :clap:

charlie

Post by charlie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:20 pm

wont let us read it have to be logged in