S&S make offer to club

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_Dan
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: S&S make offer to club

Post by Darlo_Dan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Can the Trust not make exceptional decisions (especially if it could save the club) at an EGM?

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Quakerz wrote:
hodgie1 wrote:what people are forgetting it would take at least TWO MONTHS for the trust to hand the 50k over - firstly, theyd have to call an EGM of its members, then send out letters informing them of their choices, give them time to complete the ballot paper, then have the meeting for any member that wishes to vote in person, its not simply writing out the cheque, guidelines/rules have to be followed - if these arent followed then the board members could be sued, with all this in mind it isnt gonna happen in the short term, that i know for sure, all the processes have to be strictly followed
OK, then it will take the Trust TWO MONTHS to make any important decision, and therefore they are a worthless and useless organisation. What fucking use is that?

How are they going to run a b****** football club if every decision takes two months?
that wouldnt be the case then, the money was ringfenced years ago to stop it being mis used, the only way it can be used is after an egm

hodgie1

Post by hodgie1 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:57 pm

m62exile wrote:
hodgie1 wrote:
m62exile wrote:It would be interesting if the DFCRG, who have not intended to put capital in so far, stuck the £50k in. Quite within their means I'm sure, even through one of their businesses in some fashion. That would cut the Trust out of the picture completely wouldn't it? They'd potentially lose the seat at the table that they've been striving for all these years.

They could then go off and set up a Northern League club though I suppose.
yep, excellent idea, have they offered any money of their own? if they have then well done if not, then it easy to try and run a football club using other people's money - if they havent got the cash then perhaps they should step aside rather than chase an impossible,dream, also is this group self appointed? are they speaking for the fans? are they still connected to the trust? a few months ago i was accused of staging the match at crook to boost my ego, which wasnt the case i sincerely this group isnt doing the same - these questions need answering.
Wasn't a serious suggestion hodgie, just thrown in as an example of how the Trust could be getting the seat at the table they've always wanted and how they could end up missing it. I don't know any of the board members, but would love DFC to be part run by elected members of a supporter's trust, whoever they are. It's the stuff dreams are made of, and it could (dependent on the detail) be within their reach.
my reply was tongue in cheek

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:59 pm

So worst case scenario happens and we want to set up a phoenix (that word is getting on my tits by the way) is it going to take 2 months to get the funding for this?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:59 pm

So, if they don't want to hand the money over (I'm not at this point suggesting they should), they can hide behind "we CAN'T hand it over because of x, y, z"

And if they DO want to hand the money over, then we are fucked because that can't happen in the required timescale either?

FFS what a pointless organisation, and we're only finding out now.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:00 pm

DL5 wrote:So worst case scenario happens and we want to set up a phoenix (that word is getting on my tits by the way) is it going to take 2 months to get the funding for this?
You wouldn't need immediate funding during the planning stage.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo_Dan

Post by Darlo_Dan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:01 pm

DL5 wrote:So worst case scenario happens and we want to set up a phoenix (that word is getting on my tits by the way) is it going to take 2 months to get the funding for this?
Deadline for registering new clubs is 31st Mar? Would be cutting it fine if decisions take 2 months!

DL5

Post by DL5 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:04 pm

Quakerz wrote:
You wouldn't need immediate funding during the planning stage.
I dare say you'd need a bit, deposits on strips and a whole load of stuff I can't imagine right now.

RUMPLESTILTSKIN

Post by RUMPLESTILTSKIN » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Mick wrote:Image

:D :clap: :clap: :D
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King

TinShedDarloFan

Post by TinShedDarloFan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Club could be closed in 7 days and now were told that it would take 2 month for trust to decide whether or not use the money to help save us

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:17 pm

hodgie1 wrote:
m62exile wrote:
hodgie1 wrote:what people are forgetting it would take at least TWO MONTHS for the trust to hand the 50k over - firstly, theyd have to call an EGM of its members, then send out letters informing them of their choices, give them time to complete the ballot paper, then have the meeting for any member that wishes to vote in person, its not simply writing out the cheque, guidelines/rules have to be followed - if these arent followed then the board members could be sued, with all this in mind it isnt gonna happen in the short term, that i know for sure, all the processes have to be strictly followed
Thank you for that hodgie, but I have to say, if this opportunity is as good as i think it may be, and it is missed because of the Trust's constitutional bureaucracy, then that would be abysmal. They'd have to try to expedite the proceedings.
it isnt their rules they are supporter direct rules, they are there to stop the mis-use of funds - i'm not saying this would be that, but the same procedures have to be followed
Has anyone thought of alerting Supporters' Direct that we might have to contavene their rather stupid rules due to extenuating and very serious circumstances. I'm sure they would have no problem if we were completely open with them.

bedaledarlo

Post by bedaledarlo » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:20 pm

I think the decision could be made quite quickly, but the processes to get the money through would take the time - this in my opinion is exactly what we want.

Due diligence. Any organization that cannot operate with it's banks and constitution to work with the fact it has pipeline money isn't worth it's salts.

Let's face it, rules have protected that money and Darlo has always had emergencies and dramas. If the money in trust could be released in a day or two some muppet would have already spunked it on Leon Knight.

Whatever the deal is they will almost certainly accept the money on a deferred basis subject to
due diligence. If they can't then it's a deal based in dreamland

wylam_rangers

Post by wylam_rangers » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:25 pm

bedaledarlo wrote:I think the decision could be made quite quickly, but the processes to get the money through would take the time - this in my opinion is exactly what we want.

Due diligence. Any organization that cannot operate with it's banks and constitution to work with the fact it has pipeline money isn't worth it's salts.

Let's face it, rules have protected that money and Darlo has always had emergencies and dramas. If the money in trust could be released in a day or two some muppet would have already spunked it on Leon Knight.

Whatever the deal is they will almost certainly accept the money on a deferred basis subject to
due diligence. If they can't then it's a deal based in dreamland
It's not accessing the cash that is the problem. It will be 14 days notice for a meeting - writing to members (not everyone has email) - convening a meeting - allowing time for objections - etc. You get the gist.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:04 pm

This is hardly a normal situation.

1)The club is put into admin.
2) We are told categorically that we will close in days unless .........
3)............ something happens dead quick

4) The supporters Trust are woken up but it becomes apparent that it might take them two months to back their car off the drive.
5) Club dies.
6) lots of people, despite what they think of now, lose interest.
7) End of.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

pb1991
Team Supported: Darlington+Newcastle

Post by pb1991 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:43 pm

So now that the Taylor's have resigned is there anyway we can have the 50k pushed through more quickly than the two months?