Fundraising for players / Echo pay for team coach

Threads covering important moments in Darlo's past, be they big games, big days or big events.

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

fanforlife
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Fundraising for players / Echo pay for team coach

Post by fanforlife » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:37 pm

ytfcwattsy wrote:Stuck £15.00 in the pot from a Yeovil fan

Hope you guys survive so much :D
smashing gesture . thank you .

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Put £10 in through a mates paypal a/c about 6:00 pm last night. Wish it could have been more. Can't make Barrow, as it would have cost me 2 x B&B as well as £95 train fare (and that's with an old punters rail card). Give a chorus of "you are my Darlo" for me lads.

Cheers

JJ

PS Darlo are 2-1 with Corals for the win tomorrow. If you can afford it have a tenner on & put the £20 winnings in the pot on Monday. :roll:

Marvarelli

Post by Marvarelli » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Darlo priced at 11/4 at William Hill. Have put a tenner on and I will donate all my winnings if we win.
Bearing in mind that we will have the equivalent of 13 players with the Darlo support there - it's a good bet.

Actually, even if we lose/draw - I don't care about a lost tenner - I'm losing my club.

ytfcwattsy
Team Supported: Yeovil

Post by ytfcwattsy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:48 pm

fanforlife wrote:
ytfcwattsy wrote:Stuck £15.00 in the pot from a Yeovil fan

Hope you guys survive so much :D
smashing gesture . thank you .
It was an absolute pleasure, no football fan wants to go through what you are and i somehow hope there is someway you can survive

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Whilst we were listening to Raj Singh on BBC Tees last night, Craig Liddle was on Radio Five Live's drive programme to thank the fans for their support and to talk about the whip round we'd had. Just posting because I bet everyone else was listening to Raj!

Great to get this exposure, I only know because a mate of mine from the Isle of White text to tell me he'd heard it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b018v04v

Its from 2:55 mins

joejaques

Post by joejaques » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:40 pm

m62exile wrote:Whilst we were listening to Raj Singh on BBC Tees last night, Craig Liddle was on Radio Five Live's drive programme to thank the fans for their support and to talk about the whip round we'd had. Just posting because I bet everyone else was listening to Raj!

Great to get this exposure, I only know because a mate of mine from the Isle of White text to tell me he'd heard it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b018v04v

Its from 2:55 mins
Can't bear to listen. I'm in the public library & don't want to bubble all over their keyboard. :roll:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:56 pm

Just read this thread for the first time, very humbling some of the comments. In the end we raised £8000 for the players. It goes to show how powerful footie is and with support like this we'll never die.